The Drop in Centre

6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Hope you're all well.

Well I've had an eventual 3 days, started Sunday night with all symptoms that suggested covid. Couldn't keep food or fluids down for over 24 hours ( which meant I couldn't take my medication). 3 days in a row of covid tests - all negative thankfully. I finally managed to keep some food down yesterday.

I'm feeling alot better today, just know energy. Being pampered by Hubby.

Glad that you're doing better and that your hubby is taking good care of you. Now go eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup!! 😆

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I have a new favorite leftover turkey recipe. I shred the meat, mix with cheese and salsa, wrap in burrito wrappers, cover with more cheese and salsa and bake till heated thru, but nothing beats a turkey and cranberry sandwich!

turkey and stuffing is quite good as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

you’ve just reminded me I have your mall cookies recipe, but as yet, haven’t made them. As I planned to bake this afternoon, I think it’s time to do so. :) 

not sure if i mentioned it but but i swap the amounts for oats and choc chips.. too much chocolate for me otherwise.

i also measure out 1/4c of dough, which is what the recipe calls for to make giant mall cookies.. but they are too big.. so i half the 1/4c and make smaller cookies.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

not sure if i mentioned it but but i swap the amounts for oats and choc chips.. too much chocolate for me otherwise.

I see what you mean about the amounts. I love chocolate chips - I use minis - but that is quite a bit. I am surprised, there’s so much sugar in them, though as I usually make cookies or squares that use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar.

I read an article yesterday, and one of the things it said is the amount of sugar can be reduced by 1/3 and the recipe still works. I told my mom about that assertion, and she told me one of my cousins does this, but it never turns out well… :unsure: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I see what you mean about the amounts. I love chocolate chips - I use minis - but that is quite a bit. I am surprised, there’s so much sugar in them, though as I usually make cookies or squares that use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar.

I read an article yesterday, and one of the things it said is the amount of sugar can be reduced by 1/3 and the recipe still works. I told my mom about that assertion, and she told me one of my cousins does this, but it never turns out well… :unsure: 

i used 1/3 cup of 'real sugar' and the equivalent of splenda brown for the rest i think it was 6 tablespoons.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i used 1/3 cup of 'real sugar' and the equivalent of splenda brown for the rest i think it was 6 tablespoons.

Not sure if I’ll try the splenda quite yet as I don’t know if I’ll use it that much, but I’m going to keep this splenda conversion chart handy, just in case.

https://www.splenda.com/conversion-chart/

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not sure if I’ll try the splenda quite yet as I don’t know if I’ll use it that much, but I’m going to keep this splenda conversion chart handy, just in case.

https://www.splenda.com/conversion-chart/

We only use splenda brown sugar .. the conversion is on the package ..  :D    The other splenda we don't like much and use Walmart's own, which is less weirdly sweet. 

i cannot eat stevia which makes me feel like i've swallowed fluoride and causes really bad pain.

So, we just stick with those two if we need them. For most things i use honey or maple syrup in smaller quantities.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy

PS: I like cinnamon in my cookies because it gives them a bit of a kick. This is the one I make a lot.

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/10/31/healthy-chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies/

i like them with natural chunky peanut butter.

oh Amy's , yeah i like her stuff. Those do look very nice. I'll try them.  :) 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

oh Amy's , yeah i like her stuff. Those do look very nice. I'll try them.  :) 

the reason I mentioned the crunchy peanut butter vs smooth is because they’re quite oily - store bought as I don’t have a food processor strong enough to make them from scratch - because they separate while just sitting unopened. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i got served one with a coffee a little while ago  :D 

I’m back from getting the eggs, and I also got Splenda brown sugar. 

thing is, I took the long way to the grocery store, so I could get in a walk at the same time. Now, I’m too tired to make cookies. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow…

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m back from getting the eggs, and I also got Splenda brown sugar. 

thing is, I took the long way to the grocery store, so I could get in a walk at the same time. Now, I’m too tired to make cookies. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow…

Yep, there is always tomorrow.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i got served one with a coffee a little while ago  :D 

I'll have to settle for some fresh pineapple. I went to the Amish market today (in retrospect, not the brightest idea the day before a religious holiday. It was packed)

They have one of those machines that peels and cores the pineapple for you. It's the same price as getting one and having to cut it up yourself. No brainer. 

I did have some cookies this week. My mother-in-law sends us some for every holiday. Although this batch was a little worse for wear. Mailing chocolate anything to Florida can result in disaster. The Hershey kisses melted off the peanut butter cookies. 

At least they fared better than the chocolate bunnies:

20220413_061556.jpg.9b377a73b678219a57db27b8fccd232c.jpg

• Wow 2
  • Sad 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..