The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

chronic illness stinks. i had a flare up Friday & am not handling it well. tell me something that happened last week that made you smile.

Saw my neighbour walking his standard sized poodle (I think that’s what they call the bigger sized ones). Anyway, Riley was greeting another neighbour, and she is a big bundle of joy when she does this. When she sees me it’s as if we’re long lost pals. It’s a real treat to be the recipient of her exuberant joy especially when you consider she is twelve years old. I guess she didn’t get the memo that she’s not a puppy anymore…

I hope you have better days starting now, molly. 

:hug: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, kbois said:

The company I work for owns a house right in front of the park next door to mine. It's not a mobile home. It's 3br/2ba and the tenants moved out in February. I told my supervisor that I might be interested depending on what the rent would be, hoping to save $200-$300 a month, plus gas not having to commute. 

I found out they'll let us have the house for $500 under market value which means we'll be saving $1000 a month on rent

Not just happy.... ecstatic!

Granted the trade off is losing about 700 Sq ft, but I really don't care about having a big house. Less to clean. 

Plus, I  gave him a wish list of what I'd like done to the place and in addition to what was already needed (new siding, fencing, back steps, new tub and a few other things) he authorized spending $10K on what I want. So new floors and vanities for the bathroom and hopefully a shed for the back and new counteracts for the kitchen. 

I'm so excited!

Hope you start feeling better!❤

oh k! that is such great news! yay for you!!!

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Recognizing that you're not handling it, is a first step. I'm sure you've spoken to Phil. Be as kind to yourself as you are to Him. You want to take care of your family and so you must allow yourself time to rest and heal. 

A lesson I was forced to learn myself.  Take the time, mollypop. Do what you must to feel better. 

thank You Sir

it's just so frustrating...(stamps foot like petulant child)

but i am being intentional about what i am and what i am not doing. 

take care Michael Sir

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Saw my neighbour walking his standard sized poodle (I think that’s what they call the bigger sized ones). Anyway, Riley was greeting another neighbour, and she is a big bundle of joy when she does this. When she sees me it’s as if we’re long lost pals. It’s a real treat to be the recipient of her exuberant joy especially when you consider she is twelve years old. I guess she didn’t get the memo that she’s not a puppy anymore…

I hope you have better days starting now, molly. 

:hug: 

I was bit by a toy poodle when I was a kid. Never was fond of them after that. That is...until we got Camden who's part poodle. Love my little guy. He'll be 13 in a week, still tries to act like a puppy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thank You Sir

it's just so frustrating...(stamps foot like petulant child)

but i am being intentional about what i am and what i am not doing. 

take care Michael Sir

Watch that foot stamping!  

I'm glad to hear you are looking after yourself. 

I'm doing fine, thank you. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir and everyone

thanks for all the support 💜

i'm doing much better, less discomfort and more energy every day

hope y'all are doing well

I'm glad that you're doing better molly. 🤞for a continued speedy and full recovery! 

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Glad to here your feeling better.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Good to hear you’re doing better, molly. :) 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so I’m reading an e-book. In said book, the MCs went to the beach and at one point make a reference to seeing the ocean followed a bit further on to inferring they’re at the sea. 

Thing is, they’re in Wisconsin…

:blink:

The great Canadian ocean lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..