The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes.. it's bright here for a change ... Michael and i are going out for breakfast. i've take a couple of days off. It's nice to just not work.  Have a nice day, Reader xo

Enjoy your breakfast and your days off, tim. :) 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Need opinions. Would any of you tell someone to knock off shouting at you for something beyond your control and/or end a call if they continue to be nasty with you?

Most definitely, no one deserves to be talked to rudely.

• Like 4
On 4/28/2022 at 2:28 PM, Mikiesboy said:

yes.. it's bright here for a change ... Michael and i are going out for breakfast. i've take a couple of days off. It's nice to just not work.  Have a nice day, Reader xo

Enjoy your days off  tim x

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Need opinions. Would any of you tell someone to knock off shouting at you for something beyond your control and/or end a call if they continue to be nasty with you?

yes to both

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Now mind you, it's only happened a handful of times in 10 years. I'm pretty good at de-escalating 

There are only 2 people I have ever hung up on ( telemarketers not included) but the one guy is a repeat offender and I have ended calls with him frequently. He's the one says I am over sensitive and he was not being rude. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

There are only 2 people I have ever hung up on ( telemarketers not included) but the one guy is a repeat offender and I have ended calls with him frequently. He's the one says I am over sensitive and he was not being rude. 

I've hung up on a few more than that, but always with good reason. 

I hung up on the manager next door on Thurs.

The house we're moving to is in the management system next door so all expenses related to the rehab get billed to that park. He is a lying, manipulative, bullying asshole. On the phone he straight out told me my maintenance guy didn't want to build the counters that I wanted for the kitchen (which was a lot less expensive than custom ordering them). My maintenance guy was standing right next to me and he never said that. 

Later he asked my guy what size dumpster they needed for "that piece of shit house". Plus he tried to trash talk me but my guy shut him down. 

What should be a simple renovation i.e., new floors, countertop, 2 showers, 1 vanity, 1 vanity top and paint has now been completely soured and is stressing me out. 

Every single one of my maintenance staff plus the staff next door is ready to quit. The residents all hate him. I have no respect for him. Also found out he's been arrested for domestic violence (hitting his adult daughter) more than once.) Why he is still employed I have no idea. 

Hanging up on him is a pleasure. 

• Wow 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Perhaps if all those disgruntled employees approached the twits boss by letter or email, the shear volume alone should spark a review.

Upper management knows. The redidents of the other park have flooded them with emails. They were told "he's doing his job." 

Well if your job is to create a toxic environment all around then he should get a huge bonus at the end of the year.

Unfortunately there has already been an incident at the other park with a previous manager (before my time) that involved a resident taking the manager hostage for 7 or 8 hours and ended with the SWAT team storming the office.  I'm honestly afraid something like that might happen again. This guy is that much of an ass.

• Wow 4
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy I made the Mall Cookies switching the oatmeal and chocolate chip amounts as suggested. They worked out really well and were - yes, past tense :P - delicious just as the original ones were. 

PS: The novelty of eating one big cookie has yet to subside… :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy I made the Mall Cookies switching the oatmeal and chocolate chip amounts as suggested. They worked out really well and were - yes, past tense :P - delicious just as the original ones were. 

PS: The novelty of eating one big cookie has yet to subside… :D 

gonna add a few choc chips and a few skor bits in the next batch .. still with more oats and chocolate etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Michael and i really love this. It's nice when hot, but we like it better the next day.. and for breakfast.. i put in little pieces of feta cheese as well.  You really need to squeeze the bejeesus out of the spinach.

Easy Spinach Pie

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael and i really love this. It's nice when hot, but we like it better the next day.. and for breakfast.. i put in little pieces of feta cheese as well.  You really need to squeeze the bejeesus out of the spinach.

Easy Spinach Pie

Back in the 90s, Starbucks used to have a croissants with spinach, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes baked into them. It was so good!

Your spinach pie brought back that memory. I wonder if adding some chopped sundried-tomatoes would work with this recipe? 🤔

PS: the website this recipe came from looks interesting. :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..