The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They do. i washed some today and ate one and i thought, okay, that's weird. i looked at the bag: Candy snap grapes.  Hmmm. Even Michael, who does not like grapes enjoyed that one.

Never heard of them, and I don’t think my grocer sells them, because I’m sure I would have seen them when I was looking for Coronation grapes for my mom. Will look next time to be sure.  

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Wow, looking up Candy snap grapes, I came across this kind. Seems kind of oddball if you ask me. 

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/cotton-candy-grapes-are-too-good-be-true

i've had them .. they taste like cotton candy.  someone brought them into work and let me try a few.. it was wild

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Never heard of them, and I don’t think my grocer sells them, because I’m sure I would have seen them when I was looking for Coronation grapes for my mom. Will look next time to be sure.  

i didn't notice .. i just wanted a not HUGE bag of grapes.. i had no idea they were not just red seedless grapes until today. we got them at metro

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i didn't notice .. i just wanted a not HUGE bag of grapes.. i had no idea they were not just red seedless grapes until today. we got them at metro

I noticed that, too. Grapes are sold in extra large size only. What’s up worth that? :unsure: 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I noticed that, too. Grapes are sold in extra large size only. What’s up worth that? :unsure: 

They sell them in extra large sizes so you can make this:   https://wishesndishes.com/creamy-pecan-crunch-grape-salad/ 

It's particularly good in the hot summer months, and a crowd will tear through it in no time!

I'm sorry @Mikiesboy, but it's not for @MichaelS36 unless you can work your magic and make some substitutions. Then again, I'm sure that you'd be up for the challenge. 👨‍🍳 😊

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, spyke said:

They sell them in extra large sizes so you can make this:   https://wishesndishes.com/creamy-pecan-crunch-grape-salad/ 

It's particularly good in the hot summer months, and a crowd will tear through it in no time!

I'm sorry @Mikiesboy, but it's not for @MichaelS36 unless you can work your magic and make some substitutions. Then again, I'm sure that you'd be up for the challenge. 👨‍🍳 😊

I can eat that, however, I do not enjoy grapes so I wouldn't.  But thanks for sharing. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, spyke said:

@Mikiesboy, echoing what @kbois  and others have said, I too am sorry you had such a crappy experience. There's just no excuse for that especially during this pandemic. We've all had horrid experiences at the dentist that makes us even more nervous to go to for dental care. Shame on them for putting you through that and for allowing patients to remove their masks in public areas.  I hit the jackpot with both my dentist and periodontist. Just had a perio appointment the other day and they had protocols in place and they were followed.   One of the things that getting older has taught me is that I don't have to settle for shit medical care from mediocre providers. I'd go to the next appointment, but I'd be looking for a new dentist after that.  Go with your gut and what is best for you.   

This new dentist is quite good. I'm frankly surprised about this. I'll go with tim next time. This mess has upset his day, and I'm not happy about what he had to go through. 

Thanks for you kind words of support.  It will be different next time, or it will be our final visit there. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, i went to the dentist again this morning. My appointment was made for 11am and the text they sent on Thursday said the same which i confirmed. There are temperatures to be taken and forms to fill in for each visit. So i got there at 10:50.  I did the forms, masked of course, put on hand santizer afterward and sat down to wait. While there another patient came in, sat down to do his forms and took off his mask to drink his coffee. That unnerved me slightly ... but i slapped down my anxiety with some logic. Time ticked away .. 11:05, 11:10, 11:15.. one of the dentist goes into the the room where i should be. He and the patient were chatting about her problems. He left, patiene (unmasked/gowned etc followed him) They go back in. its now 11:25am. My anxiety is now winning.

I walk to the front desk and say.. politely WTF? How much longer? I was on time. Receptionist says.. your appointment is booked for 11:30. I said would you like to see the text i have? Because it was not. I am now upset. I said.. i want to get out of here, you people know my medical issues and my mental ones. REbook me..

Oh we have to speak to the doctor.  I said, I"m not seeing a doctor. By now i am pacing cuz if i don't i'll lose it. 

Another girl comes out and says sorry they can see you now. I said i do not want to be here...I said you can bill me and i'll go elsewhere. I don't need this crap. No one says a word to me when i get there 40 minutes 'early' according to them. These people know me and Michael and where we live... the one that said 11:30am to me ... lived here in this building.  I said why did none of you say anything to me? At least i could have gone outside.. and i said you let unmasked people wander around in here. This isn't 'normal' anymore .. i don't like being here or away from home because of how things are and you should be aware of patients sitting and sitting here.  Fuck, most places dont want patients just sitting for ages.

They finally rebooked me for the 28th.  i'm not sure i want to go back there.

tim this is unthinkable and rude to you. it’s a shame when mistakes are made, not by you, and they try to shift it’s all your fault. every doctor/dental office have a nurse or tech person you trust and like. reach out to them and express your concerns. to many times they are forgetting  they are providing a service for you. it’s bad enough that you had to wait but to have to go thru this again.

take care of yourself. let’s hope this is just this one time.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Okay, so here’s something cute for the night.

I was removing vines from the fence again - it’s gonna be a big job - and for the second time I was interrupted by a squirrel looking at me from on top of the gate. Terrible me, I was blocking his access to the fence which the squirrels run along to get to the tree in the neighbour’s yard. 

Long story short: I stepped back. The squirrel scurried past. I went back to clearing vines. The world turned. ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, spyke said:

@Mikiesboy, echoing what @kbois  and others have said, I too am sorry you had such a crappy experience. There's just no excuse for that especially during this pandemic. We've all had horrid experiences at the dentist that makes us even more nervous to go to for dental care. Shame on them for putting you through that and for allowing patients to remove their masks in public areas.  I hit the jackpot with both my dentist and periodontist. Just had a perio appointment the other day and they had protocols in place and they were followed.   One of the things that getting older has taught me is that I don't have to settle for shit medical care from mediocre providers. I'd go to the next appointment, but I'd be looking for a new dentist after that.  Go with your gut and what is best for you.   

Spyke i totally agree with you. with my issues this week i saw the dentist and my doctor and both visits were very good - masks / text when arriving- temperature checked and i was the only one in the waiting room. now the chemist or pharmacy was a totally different story. there i expresses my self. i was waiting on a called in meds. the lines were long and the staff was short handed. my wait time was 45 mins and i needed this meds and they called my name and i had to step into another line. waited for my turn and they called another person name and she thought she would walk right up in front of everyone and “i said the line is over here and she said they called my name” most times i would have been the better person and let her get away with it. this time no my time and patience and my sickness i express that she could wait her turn. she turn and gave me this look and said “they called my name” i said they called “mine” the guy behind me said and “mine”. i wish i could said she went to the end of the line but by this time the sales clerk had taken care of her and she was on her way.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm right there with you Kitt. Let's just say that if you ever need help getting rid of the body just pm me. 😉, I'll have your back and an alibi.

We will need lots of bleach, a big freezer and a wood chipper. Yes I have been hanging out with fiction authors too long!

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm right there with you Kitt. Let's just say that if you ever need help getting rid of the body just pm me. 😉, I'll have your back and an alibi.

Swamps and alligators in my neck of the woods, so mother nature takes care of those things all the time. And I'm not in Florida or Louisiana either. LOL  

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, spyke said:

Swamps and alligators in my neck of the woods, so mother nature takes care of those things all the time. And I'm not in Florida or Louisiana either. LOL  

The Everglades are only a couple of hours from me. Plenty of gators. Chomp chomp!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Shame on the clerk too!

Unfortunately in these days and times, it's best for the clerk to remain silent lest they risk a physical attack by a crazed customer, or verbal abuse from a Karen.  It's sad that people have become so self centered and inconsiderate of others. I've always thought that it would be great if businesses could install a trap door that a clerk could trigger and send an obnoxious customer down to the basement. LOL

Edited by spyke
missing word
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, kbois said:

The Everglades are only a couple of hours from me. Plenty of gators. Chomp chomp!

Swamps and gators 10 minutes from me.  I win. LOL  Years ago, they caught a 8 ft. gator sunning himself in the middle of the intersection in the town just 15 minutes up the road from me. People talked about that for months.  Gotta love small towns. 

• Love 2
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, spyke said:

Swamps and gators 10 minutes from me.  I win. LOL  Years ago, they caught a 8 ft. gator sunning himself in the middle of the intersection in the town just 15 minutes up the road from me. People talked about that for months.  Gotta love small towns. 

We have gators near me too. There's a saying that any body of water in Florida either has, has had or will have an alligator in it. There's an 15ish footer that hangs out on the golf course adjacent to my brother's house. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcFQhh7AYA

His name is Chubbs.😆🐊

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..