The Drop in Centre

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening.

things are not any better so i had to get my family doctor involved. i feel like a walking drug store. we added more antibiotics with the warning if it does not get better i will be in the hospital for stronger meds. 

So take care of yourself.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening.

things are not any better so i had to get my family doctor involved. i feel like a walking drug store. we added more antibiotics with the warning if it does not get better i will be in the hospital for stronger meds. 

So take care of yourself.

Take care, rick. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36

tim, I have no idea if these are really healthy or appropriate for Mike, but seeing as you mentioned you made pumpkin custard for Mike’s b-day, I thought I’d pass this along.

I subscribed to this site so get daily emails. Today it is pumpkin pancakes. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2019/09/29/the-ultimate-healthy-pumpkin-pancakes/

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
51 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36

tim, I have no idea if these are really healthy or appropriate for Mike, but seeing as you mentioned you made pumpkin custard for Mike’s b-day, I thought I’d pass this along.

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2019/09/29/the-ultimate-healthy-pumpkin-pancakes/

I'll have to take a look at the site, and add it to my list of places to visit.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36

I'm one of those who just don't get the whole pumpkin pandemonium every fall. I've never been a fan, but everybody has their own taste for things. I'm just baffled as to why pumpkin took off like it did. Pretty soon it will have it's own holiday, I think. I'll stick with apple for my preferred fall flavor, especially apple pie made with Fireball.....mmmm!

Hope y'all have a good day!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 5
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We've always eaten pumpkin and squashes.  However, i do not want pumpkin coffee or tea etc.  Pumpkin custard is pie with no crust. Pumpkin has fibre and vitamin, tastes good and so is good for diabetics.  So like crustless quiche, sometimes we have crustless pie.   However, last year i made Him a low carb version of pecan pie. It's not the same as the real deal, but Michael understands he can't eat that anymore and appreciates what i can make won't be real pecan pie.

It's great that you've found an alternative to pecan pie that keeps Michael happy. Hope your both keeping well x

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Amy's is where i got the pumpkin cake recipe i make Him from. It's very nice. So yeah, these will likely be very good too.  I use this site often to find low carb/healthier  things for Him.  Thanks for sharing it. xoxo

I tweak things so He can eat them.

I kind of recollected I heard about Amy’s through you. I haven’t made anything as yet, but I’ve collected some good recipes since I signed up. 

Speaking of pumpkin, my brother makes a really nice pumpkin soup from a recipe in the Moosewood cookbook. Alas, Moosewood is only in book form.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..