The Drop in Centre

@Kitt--I didn't want to quote and take up too much room. No you are not being petty. Actually, I think you have been quite patient and extremely well mannered with someone who obviously does not belong in customer service. I would have demanded to speak to their supervisor long before.  I'm sorry that you had to go through this sort of crap. It just adds stress to what is already a difficult time, and it's so unnecessary.  Now go have a nice drink and a long relaxing bath and then send that letter!!! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I can come across as sweet and innocent which makes my best friend laugh. She once told me that I had a nun's name but the devil's attitude. 😇😈

"Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!"--Clairee Belcher

LOL 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
53 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Warning, rant ahead.  If you are not in the mood to be ranted at, please skip this post!

So, it was time to renew my teaching liability coverage. I call the agency  and discuss it with a pleasant lady and find that upping my coverage from half a million per occurrence to a million will cost me no more money. She also tells me I can insure as a farm, thereby getting care and custody insurance for the towing business and go completely independent from the farm I have worked at for 20 years. Yes, the one I just resigned from as barn manager.. He currently ensures me as a driver and all business is considered a subsidiary of his.

Ok, sounds good, lets go !

Fill out half a dozen forms, most of the questions not really applying to me. Is not my responsibility to maintain fences on the farm my students keep their horses, etc.

Get a call the next day, they only received half the forms, the rest seem to have gone poof into cyberspace.

Fill em all out a second time.  Get assigned to the rudest CSR I have ever dealt with.

Two days later, I get a rejection for coverage, they cannot insure a commercial hauling business. I call the (rude) csr and explain I thought that was the case, but applied for the new policy on her advice. I still need the teaching liability insurance, I simply will not go independent for hauling. I ask about the teaching insurance and get a condescending "we have to work within the guidlines as set out by the underwriter. I reply I understand this but still need teaching liability insurance.

Yep, I have to fill out all but one of the forms with the non applicable questions again. 

By now my old policy, that I could have renewed by simply calling the insurance underwriter directly and making an electronic payment, has expired.  No insurance means no teaching.  I call students I have on the schedule and postpone.

Get a rude email from rude CSR saying they still cannot ensure a commercial hauling business. I explain yes I understand this, but still need teaching liability insurance. This is the second time I have had this conversation with her.

She wants me to start over and sends me THE SAME FORMS yet again.  I fill them out for the 4th time.

Finally get a quote from the underwriter attached to what must have been a form letter email from the rude one, since it was quite polite. States I should review the quote and advise her how I would like to proceed.

I reply saying "I have reviewed the attached quote and agree to both the terms and the cost. I would like to finalize coverage asap. How do I proceed?"

Reply received?  " I will take this as your request to finalize coverage." 

Both quotes are cut and pasted directly from the emails.

At this point what I WANT to say is "No, bitch, shove the policy up your ass" but I take the high road and simply reply "yes"

I get the full policy with instructions to read and reply with any questions I may have.  80 page document, most of which are exclusions. The crap they will not cover. The important sheet, the Certificate of Liability, was sent in a separate file that will not download or print from the preview screen.

I send yet another email asking to resend the COL (this is the page I need to give to any farm I teach on) as it will not download and print. 

Snippy reply - here it is again, sorry you cannot function on your own computer. @#$## still will not download.

I now want to send a rather irate letter to the office management there outlining Miss Rudes behavior. Am I being petty?

Not in the slightest. You write that letter and tell them what you think of Miss Rude and her behaviour.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

I would never sully my Instapot with pumpkin anything!😅🤣

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mmm maybe a pumpkin soup or a pumpkin cheesecake....

I am so glad that work has called and I must run out for a bit because this is "fixin' to git ugly."  LOL.

But I will return.............

Edited by spyke
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mmm maybe a pumpkin soup or a pumpkin cheesecake....

I spilled some jalapeño juice in mine a couple of weeks ago and when I used it this weekend my whole house smelled like a jalapeño popper! (But the jalapeño chicken was amazing!)

• Like 5

Okay ... I'm about to blow some minds here.

https://soupaddict.com/pumpkin-gorgonzola-flans/

This is actually very good. The sharp counterpoint of the Gorgonzola makes the dish. There's neither anything sweet about the dish, nor is there any of the aforementioned dreaded "pumpkin" spice (which isn't pumpkin at all).

Be brave. Try it.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, spyke said:

I am so glad that work has called and I must run out for a bit because this is "fixin' to git ugly."  LOL.

But I will return.............

I'd never let it get ugly. If there's one thing I won't do is judge others for their choices. 

I may roll my eyes and/or snicker. But never judge!

So pumpkin away peeps! 

(Actually there won't be any Peeps for the rest of the year. Gee thanks Covid. Glad I still have some from Easter. Should be stale enough by now🐤)

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Okay ... I'm about to blow some minds here.

https://soupaddict.com/pumpkin-gorgonzola-flans/

This is actually very good. The sharp counterpoint of the Gorgonzola makes the dish. There's neither anything sweet about the dish, nor is there any of the aforementioned dreaded "pumpkin" spice (which isn't pumpkin at all).

Be brave. Try it.

I don't think we can be friends anymore. 

Spoiler

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

remember the line “all of our calls are recorded for training purposes” i have heard a couple of my calls both bad and good during evaluations. so they do help.

good luck on this.

Most of this was by email, so I have a written record. Bad enough to be smug, condecending and rude to a customer, but this twit did it in writing!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Snippy reply - here it is again, sorry you cannot function on your own computer. @#$## still will not download.

I now want to send a rather irate letter to the office management there outlining Miss Rudes behavior. Am I being petty?

Oh, that needs pointed out. That is wrong. I asked timmy as well. he said, wow, that's terrible service. Call the manager.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i have a pretty swirled blue & white one (think Van Gogh's Starry Night,) a black one & a white one with lacey fronts, one with a Star Trek emblem & 2 Denver Broncos ones

what? why are you looking at me like that? lol! hey, if i have to wear one when i have to/get to go out might as well have fun with it.

I own 8 masks lol 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I would never sully my Instapot with pumpkin anything!😅🤣

You should try Savory pumpkin recipes, you might find them more to your  liking than the sweet pumpkin spice mix

I've made a delicious Curry pumpkin soup before it's not sweet at all and it's very delicious

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..