The Drop in Centre

24 minutes ago, Kitt said:

We've been under similar rules here for several months. The biggest issue I have had is getting to the door of a store after crossing a huge parking lot and realizing I left the dang mask hanging from my rear view mirror.

I got a ten pack of white cotton masks, end of the day they get tossed in the whites load done on sanitary setting (straight hot wash and rinse and longer wash cycle) with bleach. Not really a fuss at all.

Kitt i thought i was the only one that did that forget my mask. what my sister has done is she bought a pack of those blue disposable masks and she has them in her purse or backpack. Problem solved. myself i have a cotton black one in my pocket with my wallet i always have my wallet just add a mask. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

got a ten pack of white cotton masks, end of the day they get tossed in the whites load done on sanitary setting (straight hot wash and rinse and longer wash cycle) with bleach. Not really a fuss at all.

i have a pretty swirled blue & white one (think Van Gogh's Starry Night,) a black one & a white one with lacey fronts, one with a Star Trek emblem & 2 Denver Broncos ones

what? why are you looking at me like that? lol! hey, if i have to wear one when i have to/get to go out might as well have fun with it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Obviously I'm not a pumpkin spice fan, but for those of you who are I encourage you to enjoy your pumpkin spice lattes, muffins,  cookies, potato chips, and other assortments of food items, but please, for the love of balance in the universe...leave mac n cheese alone! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Obviously I'm not a pumpkin spice fan, but for those of you who are I encourage you to enjoy your pumpkin spice lattes, muffins,  cookies, potato chips, and other assortments of food items, but please, for the love of balance in the universe...leave mac n cheese alone! 

i agree with you .... i check the website and they have a waiting list for this. 
the only pumpkin spice i want is in a pie with whipped topping. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Yeah, this Canadian is going to pass on that. :pinch:

As for masks? I have two Canada Strong masks that are washable (thanks again @MichaelS36 for suggesting them). They are plain black with a red maple leaf tag with the words Canada Strong on it, and they come with filters that are removable, so they can be replaced. I also have a box of disposables as a back up. 

Pumpkin spice Kraft dinner?  Disgusting. What is pumpkin spice? Never seen it. tim adds spices but not 'pumpkin spice'.   This will be wanted by millennials in Ugg boots. 

BTW.. Delicata squash are bloody amazing.  tim is making them again this week at my request.  We roasted some and wow, what a flavour.  That's my food news for this week. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

i know that people like Pumpkin Spice drinks, latte and candy. But Canada Mac & Cheese? Huh 

Pumpkin Spice - Mac & Cheese

i heard about this, not appealing at all

@MichaelS36 Sir

@kbois @rickproehl @Reader1810 i do have some pumpkin pie spice that's nice in oatmeal & pumpkin soup is good but the rest is some kinda weird!

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

What is pumpkin spice?

Its a premixed combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves used by cooks unable to get the mix right or too lazy to bother.  I do keep one small can on hand for hubby to put on his hot choco and the like but take the time to actually measure each ingredient when baking.  But then, I am probably the only one on my block has a nutmeg rasp.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Pumpkin spice Kraft dinner?  Disgusting. What is pumpkin spice? Never seen it. tim adds spices but not 'pumpkin spice'.   This will be wanted by millennials in Ugg boots. 

BTW.. Delicata squash are bloody amazing.  tim is making them again this week at my request.  We roasted some and wow, what a flavour.  That's my food news for this week. 

Pumpkin spice can be a combination of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and/or allspice. 

It's really the allspice I don't like. I like the rest of the spices.  Contrary to it's name, allspice is not a combination of a bunch of spices. 

Allspice, also known as Jamaica pepper, myrtle pepper, pimenta, or pimento, is the dried unripe berry of Pimenta dioica, a midcanopy tree native to the Greater Antilles, southern Mexico, and Central America 

This concludes today's lesson on spices. 😁

I've never heard of delicata squash. I'll have to look that one up. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Me, I'm sweet and innocent 😇 

25 minutes ago, spyke said:

So am I.  I'm also a natural blonde, a virgin, and I've put the check in the mail. 😄

🤔

Just kidding! I believe you. ;)

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Me, I'm sweet and innocent 😇 

I can come across as sweet and innocent which makes my best friend laugh. She once told me that I had a nun's name but the devil's attitude. 😇😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Warning, rant ahead.  If you are not in the mood to be ranted at, please skip this post!

So, it was time to renew my teaching liability coverage. I call the agency  and discuss it with a pleasant lady and find that upping my coverage from half a million per occurrence to a million will cost me no more money. She also tells me I can insure as a farm, thereby getting care and custody insurance for the towing business and go completely independent from the farm I have worked at for 20 years. Yes, the one I just resigned from as barn manager.. He currently ensures me as a driver and all business is considered a subsidiary of his.

Ok, sounds good, lets go !

Fill out half a dozen forms, most of the questions not really applying to me. Is not my responsibility to maintain fences on the farm my students keep their horses, etc.

Get a call the next day, they only received half the forms, the rest seem to have gone poof into cyberspace.

Fill em all out a second time.  Get assigned to the rudest CSR I have ever dealt with.

Two days later, I get a rejection for coverage, they cannot insure a commercial hauling business. I call the (rude) csr and explain I thought that was the case, but applied for the new policy on her advice. I still need the teaching liability insurance, I simply will not go independent for hauling. I ask about the teaching insurance and get a condescending "we have to work within the guidlines as set out by the underwriter. I reply I understand this but still need teaching liability insurance.

Yep, I have to fill out all but one of the forms with the non applicable questions again. 

By now my old policy, that I could have renewed by simply calling the insurance underwriter directly and making an electronic payment, has expired.  No insurance means no teaching.  I call students I have on the schedule and postpone.

Get a rude email from rude CSR saying they still cannot ensure a commercial hauling business. I explain yes I understand this, but still need teaching liability insurance. This is the second time I have had this conversation with her.

She wants me to start over and sends me THE SAME FORMS yet again.  I fill them out for the 4th time.

Finally get a quote from the underwriter attached to what must have been a form letter email from the rude one, since it was quite polite. States I should review the quote and advise her how I would like to proceed.

I reply saying "I have reviewed the attached quote and agree to both the terms and the cost. I would like to finalize coverage asap. How do I proceed?"

Reply received?  " I will take this as your request to finalize coverage." 

Both quotes are cut and pasted directly from the emails.

At this point what I WANT to say is "No, bitch, shove the policy up your ass" but I take the high road and simply reply "yes"

I get the full policy with instructions to read and reply with any questions I may have.  80 page document, most of which are exclusions. The crap they will not cover. The important sheet, the Certificate of Liability, was sent in a separate file that will not download or print from the preview screen.

I send yet another email asking to resend the COL (this is the page I need to give to any farm I teach on) as it will not download and print. 

Snippy reply - here it is again, sorry you cannot function on your own computer. @#$## still will not download.

I now want to send a rather irate letter to the office management there outlining Miss Rudes behavior. Am I being petty?

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 1
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I now want to send a rather irate letter to the office management there outlining Miss Rudes behavior. Am I being petty?

Not in the slightest. 

As an aside, somebody - not naming names, mind you :whistle: - has quite a high opinion of themselves. This is one instance where the phrase “I want to speak to the manager” is completely appropriate. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..