The Drop in Centre

It's been overcast/raining off and on all afternoon. After supper hubby asks "Are you planning on taking them?" (We can't actually say 'walk' unless it's going to happen immediately)

Me: "Is that a hint?" Hubby rolls eyes. 

Me: (with two dogs now at my feet , butts wiggling expectantly) "Let's go."

Note to self: Your hair is now long enough to be tied back when it is windy out. I spent the entire walk with hair in my mouth, my nose and across my eyes, effectively rendering me half blind. My dogs are not trained as guide dogs and would just as quickly lead me into traffic as lead me down the sidewalk. Brushing knots out of hair is not fun. 

At least the rain held off!!

Hope everyone had a good day and a better evening. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, kbois said:

It's been overcast/raining off and on all afternoon. After supper hubby asks "Are you planning on taking them?" (We can't actually say 'walk' unless it's going to happen immediately)

Me: "Is that a hint?" Hubby rolls eyes. 

Me: (with two dogs now at my feet , butts wiggling expectantly) "Let's go."

Note to self: Your hair is now long enough to be tied back when it is windy out. I spent the entire walk with hair in my mouth, my nose and across my eyes, effectively rendering me half blind. My dogs are not trained as guide dogs and would just as quickly lead me into traffic as lead me down the sidewalk. Brushing knots out of hair is not fun. 

At least the rain held off!!

Hope everyone had a good day and a better evening. 

Gotta love the enthusiasm of dogs. :D 

The word walk was not a trigger for the dog I had as a kid. All I had to say - in a completely calm tone - was “if I could find a dog” and he’d start barking and performing pirouettes until he had his leash on and we were on our way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

As many of you know i have been struggling with some personal issues. i now need to share so i can go forward. This past year things were going good for me. i finally open up to everyone and it felt good. Nothing to hide or to be ashamed off. i found someone to care about. Then the Covid-19 hit and everything changed for everyone. The lockdown, social distancing put its toll on things. We got thru this. Then things open up and this is when things got strained. His “social distancing” and mine are different. We talked , messaged and email. So i had to make a decision. i still care about him but i walked away. keeping myself safe during this time is my priority. 

DAMN this Covid-19 i feel like i’m back in the closet again. i hate this. 

i have kept this bottled up and that bottle started to crack. it was time for me to share. 

tim, thanks to you for this space and for all the Good Sirs and my DiC friends. we are a family and can share the challenges we all are facing together. 

Take care of yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

As many of you know i have been struggling with some personal issues. i now need to share so i can go forward. This past year things were going good for me. i finally open up to everyone and it felt good. Nothing to hide or to be ashamed off. i found someone to care about. Then the Covid-19 hit and everything changed for everyone. The lockdown, social distancing put its toll on things. We got thru this. Then things open up and this is when things got strained. His “social distancing” and mine are different. We talked , messaged and email. So i had to make a decision. i still care about him but i walked away. keeping myself safe during this time is my priority. 

i have kept this bottled up and that bottle started to crack. it was time for me to share. 

tim, thanks to you for this space and for all the Good Sirs and my DiC friends. we are a family and can share the challenges we all are facing together. 

Take care of yourself. 

You are an amazing person rick. Your empathy and caring always shows in your posts. Be proud of who you are and you will discover who you are really meant to be. Covid does not define us. It just shows us how strong we are in dealing with everything that it affects. 

You are absolutely correct...protecting your safety should be your top priority.

I'm sorry that someone you care about has different priorities. 

*hugs* xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Take care of yourself. 

:hug: 

and as @kbois said everything so well, I’m just going to second the lot.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Take care of yourself. 

That is a shame that things didn't work out, rick. I hate that you had to make that decision.  Different people have different priorities and beliefs during this pandemic. Like you, my priority is keeping myself safe.  This pandemic just SUCKS, but we will get through it by being thoughtful, and exercising caution and common sense. There's such a big disconnect between people due to the misinformation and politicization that has run rampant throughout this pandemic--it's no wonder why we are all on different pages.  Stay strong and safe rick. Above all else, do what's best for you and take care of yourself. 

Edited by spyke
typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, kbois said:

*hugs* xoxo

Thank you and hugs back to you

9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

:hug: 

and as @kbois said everything so well, I’m just going to second the lot.

hugs to you Reader

8 hours ago, spyke said:

Above all else, do what's best for you and take care of yourself. 

Take care of yourself as well spyke

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

I am sorry to hear this. We are facing a difficult time. It affects our lives, health, and ability to cope. Sometimes we have to make difficult choices.  Sometimes we need to remain silent for awhile, while we come to terms with our pain and thoughts. And that's normal and okay. It's good you have chosen to share. This group of people are always here and willing to listen and support.  It's a wonderful thing and a wonderful place. 

You need to do what is right for you, to keep yourself sane and healthy. 

I wish you peace and strength, rick. 

@MichaelS36 thank you Sir,

For your good advice and kind words.

tim has a amazing place here. 

thanks to all of you. 

• Like 4

My sister-in-law sent me a text earlier to let me know that she and my brother-in-law (my husband's brother) signed their divorce papers today and the judge will sign off on them tomorrow. I'm so happy for her. He dragged this out as long as he could (they separated over 4 years ago)

It was this time last year that our world was shattered when we discovered what a manipulative, sick bastard he is. It just sucks that we can't say anything to anyone on that side of the family. It would devastate my mother-in-law and she doesn't deserve that. I lucked out, she's a wonderful lady and we don't want to hurt her. We will need to say something once the travel restrictions ease up. There are now three little ones that need to be protected. Before Covid he would visit practically every holiday. 

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. 

I hope everyone weathered their Monday OK. It was quiet here today.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator

Wow, are you and your hubby are in a tough spot regarding your BiL. As hard as it will be, you appear to know what must be done to protect the little ones, so they can have an innocent childhood. 

It was quiet here today too. Sunny and a bit chilly, but still nice. 

Have a good night @kbois

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I hope you all choose to stay here. Right now, and it pains me to say it, I am not sure if, or when tim will be back. he is ... in a place I can't really describe.  I will be around.

Take care of yourselves. 

We’ll be here. Even though tim isn’t coming in the door, he’s somewhere in the DiC yard, and that’s perfectly okay. 

:hug: to you both, Mike. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I hope you all choose to stay here. Right now, and it pains me to say it, I am not sure if, or when tim will be back. he is ... in a place I can't really describe.  I will be around.

Take care of yourselves. 

Michael Sir sorry to hear this. DiC is here for you as well as each other. i don’t plan on leaving this group of friends and Good Sirs. We are here for each other in good times and during challenges. so like you, Michael Sir and tim were here when we needed you . We, your DiC friends will be here for you. so take care,

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Take care of yourselves. 

Thank you for letting us know that tim isn't well right now. Please take care of yourself too. We miss tim, but we'll be here whenever he returns. 

• Love 4

Good Morning 

how is everyone doing?

This quote was sent to me thought i would share. 

It is not lost on me that these are hard times. Worse times ahead. BUT there will be a better day. A day of love. A time of peace. A time of new beginnings. Hope. A world better than the spot of bother we are in now. KNOW THAT! We do have a better tomorrow ahead.

Johnny Corn

Take care of yourself

• Like 4
8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Take care of yourselves. 

As others have said, we'll be here, waiting for him to return when he's ready. Send him our love and support.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Take care of yourselves. 

I know that I'm one of the new kids here in DiC, so I don't have the long history that others may have, but I'm so saddened to hear about tim. I wish you both strength and healing. One thing I do know is that tim is a remarkable spirit because that shows through in his writing. Take care of him and yourself @MichaelS36. We'll be here waiting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..