The Drop in Centre

54 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

have a good day Sirs and friends

i am out of spoons & will be taking it easy today

I've never heard that expression before molly. I like it. I have a few spoons for the weekend, but they'll probably disappear before the weekend is through. I'm working our open house today and so far nothing but the sound if the clock ticking and crickets chirping. I forgot my water tumbler too. It's gonna be a looonnggg day.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, i went to the dentist again this morning. My appointment was made for 11am and the text they sent on Thursday said the same which i confirmed. There are temperatures to be taken and forms to fill in for each visit. So i got there at 10:50.  I did the forms, masked of course, put on hand santizer afterward and sat down to wait. While there another patient came in, sat down to do his forms and took off his mask to drink his coffee. That unnerved me slightly ... but i slapped down my anxiety with some logic. Time ticked away .. 11:05, 11:10, 11:15.. one of the dentist goes into the the room where i should be. He and the patient were chatting about her problems. He left, patiene (unmasked/gowned etc followed him) They go back in. its now 11:25am. My anxiety is now winning.

I walk to the front desk and say.. politely WTF? How much longer? I was on time. Receptionist says.. your appointment is booked for 11:30. I said would you like to see the text i have? Because it was not. I am now upset. I said.. i want to get out of here, you people know my medical issues and my mental ones. REbook me..

Oh we have to speak to the doctor.  I said, I"m not seeing a doctor. By now i am pacing cuz if i don't i'll lose it. 

Another girl comes out and says sorry they can see you now. I said i do not want to be here...I said you can bill me and i'll go elsewhere. I don't need this crap. No one says a word to me when i get there 40 minutes 'early' according to them. These people know me and Michael and where we live... the one that said 11:30am to me ... lived here in this building.  I said why did none of you say anything to me? At least i could have gone outside.. and i said you let unmasked people wander around in here. This isn't 'normal' anymore .. i don't like being here or away from home because of how things are and you should be aware of patients sitting and sitting here.  Fuck, most places dont want patients just sitting for ages.

They finally rebooked me for the 28th.  i'm not sure i want to go back there.

Oh dear tim that's not good. I hope you are ok. Take care x

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Oh dear tim that's not good. I hope you are ok. Take care x

i am thank's chris ... I texted Michael and he came to get me. I was more upset no one said anything to me and then the girl at the end constantly trying to blame people. I said, I don't care about blame, i want to get out of here, that's all. 

Most doctor's offices make you wait in your car until they call you in ... seems to be a free for all at this office.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

On a funner ? more fun? Well, tastier note, it seems i bought some candy snap grapes yesterday.

Very interesting flavour ... they are nice and taste like lychee to me. 

I love Candy Snap Grapes, they have such a different flavour to normal Grapes 

• Like 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I am disheartened to hear you were exposed to all of this needlessly, tim. Hopefully, they didn’t dismiss this as a one-off situation, but rather took it as a teaching moment to do better by their patients Ant all points of an appoint going forwards. 

Albeit a bit nippy, it is a lovely day, so I hope you and Mike can get out and enjoy the fresh air for a while. 

:hug: to you both. 

Michael came and met me and we went for a walk afterward. It is nice today, i was happy i wore my hoodie though. Hehe, nippy was the word i used when i left home to walk over the road to the dentist.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I love Candy Snap Grapes, they have such a different flavour to normal Grapes 

They do. i washed some today and ate one and i thought, okay, that's weird. i looked at the bag: Candy snap grapes.  Hmmm. Even Michael, who does not like grapes enjoyed that one.

• Like 4

@Mikiesboy sorry you had such a shit experience at your dentist. I wish I could let you borrow mine. He's amazing and his staff are wonderful. I had two uncles growing up who we went to. I had the same hygienist for 20 years. When we moved I had a horrid experience and didn't see a dentist for five years. We lucked out finding this one here in Florida. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty damn hot too!😊🤭🔥

I've had those grapes and they are really good. 

Take care and enjoy your cool weather, we're still in the low 90s and humid. Ugh. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
On 9/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Michael came and met me and we went for a walk afterward. It is nice today, i was happy i wore my hoodie though. Hehe, nippy was the word i used when i left home to walk over the road to the dentist.

I went for a walk before going to the hardware store - needed a two-step stool because I’m cutting/ripping ivy of a wooden fence - and found it quite cool in the beginning. 

I warmed up, but now that I’m having iced coffee - because I got warm on my walk, don’t you know - I’m getting cold again. Oh well, the coffee is delish and I can always put on a sweatshirt. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..