The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, kbois said:

I will join you wholeheartedly! If there was a PhD level class in patience, the final exam would be enduring an entire day of those meetings. My dissertation subject would focus on '1000 ways to tune out monotonous moderators'! (Beuller? Bueller?)

My biggest pet peeves? Those who don't mute their phone and the idiot (and there's always one!) who asks a question about something that was already covered. I always feel like screaming "Weren't you listening??!!"

Give yourself a pat on the back molly for surviving!

i scrolled through the pop up ads & window shopped for some of the men in my life :blushing: :whistle:

• Haha 5
19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i scrolled through the pop up ads & window shopped for some of the men in my life :blushing: :whistle:

my problem is i think of the work i have to do back at my desk. calls to make customers to help. the worse thing is staying awake. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

my problem is i think of the work i have to do back at my desk. calls to make customers to help. the worse thing is staying awake. 

i get that!
this was on teams, and i was at my desk in the living room, with my camera off!
i did respond to an email as well
my follow up notes got a compliment from one of the attendees when i sent them off afterwards so my attention didn't wander too far, lol!

• Like 5
20 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I hope you all choose to stay here. Right now, and it pains me to say it, I am not sure if, or when tim will be back. he is ... in a place I can't really describe.  I will be around.

Take care of yourselves. 

thank You Sir
we'll just be like Pooh and Piglet and sit quietly with our friend

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so tonight, should i go to India
or Asia

i already did Alaska and Canada  

I vote Asia.

When I worked in travel I had to research the Trans Siberian Express for some clients. It would be an amazing experience.  I also had clients who took The Ghan journey in Australia. They loved it. 

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3

Hello all.  

Regarding tim and his need for space: As the old motel 6 ad said, we'll keep the light on for ya 

I'm glad to have found this space though I'm far from an active participant most days. 

Well.  My day was very quiet at work and I should have been more suspicious.......

Just now realized my work phone was on Do Not Disturb.  I went to look at an email and saw a new symbol on the screen saver. Whoops.  I had 17 missed calls between 2 And 530pm. 9 left voicemails.  Guess I'll be going into work early tomorrow. 

Edited by Starrynight22
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Morning All. Hope everyone is well, have a good Wednesday.

I'm feeling a lot better now. All okay otherwise.

Glad you're feeling better!

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well.  My day was very quiet at work and I should have been more suspicious.......

Just now realized my work phone was on Do Not Disturb.  I went to look at an email and saw a new symbol on the screen saver. Whoops.  I had 17 missed calls between 2 And 530pm. 9 left voicemails.  Guess I'll be going into work early tomorrow. 

Good morning and I hope everyone is doing well.

I've had this happen more often than I like to admit.  I don't think it's ever a good idea to have your phone ringing when you're in the dentist chair. LOL.  Sometimes that brief respite is worth it despite having to face the resulting crap storm. 

@chris191070--glad you're doing better

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4

I like my boss, I really do. But she's driving me insane. The owner of the property and our regional manager are gone, but they left a laundry list of items that need to be addressed. Which happens every year after they're here. She's just been snappy and bitchy all week because of it. I can't tell you how many times I've bitten my tongue. I really don't need to be bitched at just because I ask if the guys emailed her the picture of the hole in the road yet so I can do my damn job and put a work order in. 

I'm glad I took a half day today. Younger son has a follow up orthodontist appointment this afternoon. I'm just going to chill in the car while I  wait. 

Ok rant over. 

• Like 5

I saw this online today and it made me laugh: 

After six months of listening to people talk through masks, I finally understand what Charlie Brown's teacher was saying. 🤣🤣

I hope everyone is having a good evening. 

• Haha 5
  • Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, kbois said:

I saw this online today and it made me laugh: 

After six months of listening to people talk through masks, I finally understand what Charlie Brown's teacher was saying. 🤣🤣

I hope everyone is having a good evening. 

Oh, that was good! 

:thankyou:

• Like 4

Morning and Happy Thursday all

I'm feeling good.

We start our new lock down laws today in the UK 🇬🇧. Face masks compulsory in all shops and businesses. We've been told that we might have these restrictions for 6 months.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..