The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, kbois said:

Fall has finally made an appearance here too. Walked out of the house this morning and the humidity was gone, a nice light breeze and 68 degrees. Should go up to the low 80s today. 

I enjoy Florida's "cold fronts"! 🥶

Have a good day!

We're about 10F above normal today, and will be about 10F below normal tomorrow.  Joints don't like autumn.

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

We're about 10F above normal today, and will be about 10F below normal tomorrow.  Joints don't like autumn.

I'm right there with you Fae. My knees have been horrible lately. 

• Like 5

@Fae Briona i hope that your joints feel better soon

hope everyone's day was, if not good then, at least OK
spending a quiet night here. more good news from the eye doctor, but the injections take a toll on Phil so He's resting in the bedroom where it's darker and quieter

have a good evening

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Saw this on the Weather Network, and thought I’d share it with you lot. kinda cool, imo.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/videos/gallery/with-this-jet-suit-rescue-teams-can-reach-a-hilltop-casualty-in-90-seconds/sharevideo/6196098414001/most_popular

Whats not cool? 

Spoiler

Finding out the raccoons are using the backyard as their latrine.. :angry:

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Fae Briona i hope that your joints feel better soon

hope everyone's day was, if not good then, at least OK
spending a quiet night here. more good news from the eye doctor, but the injections take a toll on Phil so He's resting in the bedroom where it's darker and quieter

have a good evening

I'm happy for you and Phil on your good news. Hopefully the rest will be good for him. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, kbois said:

He's a mean little sneaky bas**rd isn't he? My little dude has been relentless lately. He often strikes my thumb too now that I don't have a brace. Ugh.

Are we talking about Arthur? If so, I'm sorry he's been plaguing you and @Kitt. I thought he was just kicking my tail. Guess he's been doing some travelling. LOL. 

• Like 3

Good morning DiC'ers!  I hope that everyone is going well and that you all have a great day. It's a bit chilly here this morning. Fall (or what we in the south call Fall) is in the air finally, but trust that I'm NOT running out in search of pumpkin spice lattes. LOL

• Haha 4
30 minutes ago, spyke said:

Are we talking about Arthur? If so, I'm sorry he's been plaguing you and @Kitt. I thought he was just kicking my tail. Guess he's been doing some travelling. LOL. 

I've named mine Lucifer. He's a real devil. 😆 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning. 

i had to get out the blankets last night.

It was  cold last night. 

so how are things with you today?

Good morning, rick.

So far, so good this morning. 

Heading out to do groceries now. Have a great day DiCers. :) 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, kbois said:

@spyke

Ok, color me slow and put me in the remedial classes, I  literally just got the connection....Arthur/arthritis.....🤦‍♀️😊🤣

Don’t feel bad, I didn’t get the connection until I read your post and you explained it. :rolleyes:

It’s rainy and windy here, hope everyone else is having a nicer evening. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
52 minutes ago, kbois said:

@spyke

Ok, color me slow and put me in the remedial classes, I  literally just got the connection....Arthur/arthritis.....🤦‍♀️😊🤣

I would never color you slow and someone who is such a talented writer could never be put in the remedial classes.  😊

But you must get the true "southern" inflection of the pronunciation:  Aaahthuurrrr  Rye  Tusss.  

If you don't drag it out (the longer the better),  people will think your faking. 🤣😉

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, spyke said:

I would never color you slow and someone who is such a talented writer could never be put in the remedial classes.  😊

But you must get the true "southern" inflection of the pronunciation:  Aaahthuurrrr  Rye  Tusss.  

If you don't drag it out (the longer the better),  people will think your faking. 🤣😉

I'm lucky that Florida is more like the 'fake South. Although I have found myself using 'y'all' way too often, and I do know that 'bless your heart' is most likely an insult. 

I hope these travel restrictions ease soon. I need a trip up to Mass so I can call everything 'wicked again! 

Shor yo riiiiight!🤣🤣

• Haha 5

Good morning (or maybe afternoon depending on your time zone LOL) everyone! I hope that you all are doing well.

So, the world kind of changed overnight. I'm not about to get political, but I just wanted to say that it is my sincere wish that you all keep safe and sound and do everything to protect yourselves and your loved ones. 

Have a great day!  I'm hoping that mine isn't a chaotic as yesterday was!  🤣 🤞

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..