The Drop in Centre

15 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Just a quick pitstop to let everyone know that all is well.

Operation to insert kidney stent a complete success, just the laser treatment in about 12 weeks to come.

Sky high on morphine and other meds.

So will say goodnight all and I'll be around sometime tomorrow as I've got nearly 200 notifications at the moment.

Glad you are getting better - enjoy the drug’s take care and enjoy your reading.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Thanks for all the Get Well Messages. I'm feeling alot better know.

I was actually alot sicker than I let on. I actually spent 12 days in hospital, having gone in as an emergency. I had border line kidney failure because of the kidney stone and they had to stabilise that. I also suffered an epileptic seizure at the hospital, whilst they were transferring me to the ward.

So I've had a pretty rough 12 days. But thankfully with the medication to help with the kidney stone and the kidney stent, I'm almost back to full health. Just the laser surgery in 12 weeks to come, when I've recovered from this surgery.

Hospital was horrible because of Covid, no visitors aloud. So 12 days in isolation with just phone calls to the hubby and family.

Hope everyone is well on here. I'll be around, but maybe not as much as normal for a few days. X

So glad the worst is behind you and hopefully you'll be home soon. 

Twelve days in the hospital scares the hell out of me, but not for the reason you may think. A stay of that length would certainly cost a fortune here in the States. Even with insurance now, we'd still be out of pocket $15k easily. 

Thanks for the update Chris, so happy you're feeling better!

Hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I was actually alot sicker than I let on. I actually spent 12 days in hospital, having gone in as an emergency. I had border line kidney failure because of the kidney stone and they had to stabilise that. I also suffered an epileptic seizure at the hospital, whilst they were transferring me to the ward.

So I've had a pretty rough 12 days. But thankfully with the medication to help with the kidney stone and the kidney stent, I'm almost back to full health. Just the laser surgery in 12 weeks to come, when I've recovered from this surgery.

Hospital was horrible because of Covid, no visitors aloud. So 12 days in isolation with just phone calls to the hubby and family.

Hope everyone is well on here. I'll be around, but maybe not as much as normal for a few days. X

Jeez. It makes it even a better fact that you're out of the woods! Not to mention no visitors? I'm an introvert but I will def go insane if I don't have human contact. Like...jeez! Great job on pulling all the way through. I hope your fam and you can celebrate somehow once you got out. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Rest and get better. The door here is always open for you. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, chris191070 said:

oh chris so glad that you have come through the worst part

take it easy, listen to the doctors & your body

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

this is how i'm getting it done today ...

FB_IMG_1612206755899.jpg

Rock N Roll makes the world go round...

Coffee is a necessity. 😃

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Good Evening.

this is a quote i found a few weeks back. thought i would share it. 

I'm not great at this one, but "don't look for a happy life, look for happy moments".

To those getting this Winter Storm take care and pace yourself. Stay Safe 

So how are things with everyone?

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

1 large coffee today, & it was a KISS, Poison, Van Halen kind of morning....

Great minds think alike...1 large coffee this am and my ride home was accompanied by Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Queen and KISS. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Just wanting to stop in and Say Good Evening.

this is a quote i found a few weeks back. thought i would share it. 

I'm not great at this one, but "don't look for a happy life, look for happy moments".

To those getting this Winter Storm take care and pace yourself. Stay Safe 

9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks rick... it wasn't bad just really busy to start off with

My day was busy as well. I'm not a fan of the 1st of the month coinciding with payroll being due. Three hours of math kills me. Add in going through hours of camera footage to try to find out who's car hit two of our AC units over the weekend had my eyes bugging out! 

Should be an interesting week. The regional manager will be here within the next day or so, we'll see how it goes!

We're not getting any storms, but the temps are dropping, with highs only in the 50s during the day for tomorrow and Wed, no real warm up until Friday. 

Stay safe and warm everyone!

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good evening Sir

it's like the motivational quote tim posted early in January. im paraphrasing here, life is amazing,  then awful, then amazing again. but a lot of the time it is just ordinary. and it's remembering the amazing that gets you through the bad & the ordinary.

Indeed, molly. you are correct of course.

Look for the good. Be kind. Others cannot make us happy, but we certainly can. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

This is very true. No one's life is always happy. This search for constant happiness is flawed and unreal and can only end in disappointment.  Each of us will have moments of joy, pleasure, contentment, sadness, anger .. all of it. 

With luck, the good will outweigh the not so good. 

good evening Sir,

thank you for you kind words of wisdom.

• Like 4

Ok, that's quite enough. It can stop snowing now.

40 hours and counting, at times as heavy as 2" an hour. It may be spring before we find the gas can for the snow blower hubby put by the front door so it would be handy when refueling is needed.

We may not get snowed upon often but...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Ok, that's quite enough. It can stop snowing now.

40 hours and counting, at times as heavy as 2" an hour. It may be spring before we find the gas can for the snow blower hubby put by the front door so it would be handy when refueling is needed.

We may not get snowed upon often but...

i agree but Guess what they are predicting another Snow Storm this upcoming weekend. Just as bad so ... “do you want to build a snowman?”

• Like 3

Hey All,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm around, just not as much as normal. I'm slowly recovering from my surgery, still on the painkillers, but I'm alot better than I was. Just tired at the moment 😴 

Take care, will be back soon.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm around, just not as much as normal. I'm slowly recovering from my surgery, still on the painkillers, but I'm alot better than I was. Just tired at the moment 😴 

Take care, will be back soon.

Chris glad to hear you are better but take care of yourself. things will take time but you will feel better. 

• Like 3

Just wanting to stop in and Say Good Afternoon

spent my lunch hour blowing snow off the sidewalk and deck. We got 12 inches of snow. so glad i got the snow blower. This was a heavy wet snow. So loving this working from home and not getting out into this mess.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
35 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Just wanting to stop in and Say Good Afternoon

spent my lunch hour blowing snow off the sidewalk and deck. We got 12 inches of snow. so glad i got the snow blower. This was a heavy wet snow. So loving this working from home and not getting out into this mess.

I’ve got snow, but it’s so powdery, I can’t make a snowball. I actually like shovelling the snow, so don’t use the blower.  When the snow does fall, my neighbour (best neighbour ever) shovels the driveway and walkway - lucky me. I usually clean up whatever falls later and the mess kicked up both our driveways by the snowblower cleaning the road. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..