The Drop in Centre

7 hours ago, Kitt said:

A 14 yrs old I have watched ride since she was a 5 yrs old lead line kid just got her first horse. Cute grey. Really curious.

That's sweet.

• Love 5

Interesting turn of events at work today. The manager at our sister property gave her two week notice (not really a big surprise). Our regional manager called me to ask if I wanted to interview for the position. 

Hmm, I'm on the fence with this. It's a lot of responsibility and I'm not sure I'm confident enough in myself. Everyone else wants me to do it. It's more money, but I'm not sure how much. Plus I'd have to work six days a week (half day on Sat.)

Right now I'm finally familiar with most of our residents here. It would be like starting from scratch over there. Also, those residents are, erm, a little higher maintenance. We're Bud Light, they're Chardonnay. 

I'd be learning new job skills so there's that. 

I guess what I really need to do is interview for the job, find out the details and go from there. I've got a little time to figure it out. Decisions can be hard. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Interesting turn of events at work today. The manager at our sister property gave her two week notice (not really a big surprise). Our regional manager called me to ask if I wanted to interview for the position. 

Hmm, I'm on the fence with this. It's a lot of responsibility and I'm not sure I'm confident enough in myself. Everyone else wants me to do it. It's more money, but I'm not sure how much. Plus I'd have to work six days a week (half day on Sat.)

Right now I'm finally familiar with most of our residents here. It would be like starting from scratch over there. Also, those residents are, erm, a little higher maintenance. We're Bud Light, they're Chardonnay. 

I guess what I really need to do is interview for the job, find out the details and go from there. I've got a little time to figure it out. Decisions can be hard. 

Go, ask questions.. your boss ASKED YOU.. you can do it ... the question is, do you want to.. but go and ask stuff so you can decide.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Go, ask questions.. your boss ASKED YOU.. you can do it ... the question is, do you want to.. but go and ask stuff so you can decide.

That's exactly what I've decided to do. I'm going to make a list and hopefully get enough info to make a decision. Only time will tell if it's the right one. I'll keep y'all updated. 

• Love 4

Oh these are soooooo good. Michael likes them.  Took a bit longer to bake than he said, but i didn't stab mine. But they are nice an crunchy and strong enough to dip or have stuff spread on them.  i am so happy!!!  :D 

2021-01-25.jpg

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh these are soooooo good. Michael likes them.  Took a bit longer to bake than he said, but i didn't stab mine. But they are nice an crunchy and strong enough to dip or have stuff spread on them.  i am so happy!!!  :D 

2021-01-25.jpg

Those look amazing and yummy 😋

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

2021-01-25.jpg

yes those do look good will have to try them out

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

2021-01-25.jpg

OMG...LOVE the rooster!

And the crackers look really good too!

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

There's more chickens.. i'll take a pick of them

When we moved I decided to re-theme my kitchen decor. I had a hard time choosing between the rooster/chicken theme or coffee. Coffee won. 😁

• Like 2
8 hours ago, kbois said:

You can do this. No doubt you can do this. Like @Mikiesboy said, go and ask questions. Also, you know your worth, and they should pay you for that and pay you very well.  Given you will have more responsibilities and you will have to work an additional 1/2 day, a substantial pay increase is in order. 

One positive about the high maintenance Chardonnay crowd is that it's safe bet that no one is going to be dropping crap on your counter top like what happened to you recently. Them high society folks just don't act like that. 🤣

I've got 🤞for you! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, spyke said:

You can do this. No doubt you can do this. Like @Mikiesboy said, go and ask questions. Also, you know your worth, and they should pay you for that and pay you very well.  Given you will have more responsibilities and you will have to work an additional 1/2 day, a substantial pay increase is in order. 

One positive about the high maintenance Chardonnay crowd is that it's safe bet that no one is going to be dropping crap on your counter top like what happened to you recently. Them high society folks just don't act like that. 🤣

I've got 🤞for you! 

Thanks for the vote of confidence spyke. 

Those high society folks would probably resort to dropping highly processed crap in the form of fertilizer!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Sitting in hospital bed writing this. I'm alot better than I was, there's still pain but it's being managed with pain killers. I'm now able to eat a small amount of food with the help of anti sickness meds. 😷 Hopefully I'll be to full health soon.

Hope you get better soon, my friend!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My stepson came over here to get their really small vacuum cleaner. It would not charge. I had asked hi earlier to work on mine that my sister gave me last month. It was blowing dirt out the bottom. He worked on it and said he was going to use it in their camper and that he would bring it back tomorrow. I told him to not use it on my floor when he brought it back. Cause I know he will bring it back while I am asleep. He said why not? I told him cause I want to sleep! lol So he said ok. Then I said don't forget to bring it back tomorrow. He said, oh ok I will sell it. I said hell no you will not sell it. He said, well that is what you said. I told him I did not say that. He said, ok I will give it away then. I said you think you are real funny, don't you Moe! He just died laughing. I told his wife in a text to tell Moe he is not funny! lol Then when she said HUH, then I said, Moe aka Justin thinks he is funny. She sent back a lol to me! lol

Whomever doesn't know who Moe is then look up The Three Stooges to find out who he is! lol

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..