The Drop in Centre

57 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Good Afternoon

spent my lunch hour blowing snow off the sidewalk and deck. We got 12 inches of snow. so glad i got the snow blower. This was a heavy wet snow. So loving this working from home and not getting out into this mess.

So how are things with everyone?

Me and my dirty mind 🤪 registered Blowing and 12 inches 🤪 didn't register the snow.

All is good here.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

breathe ..... you CAN do it i just saw this & it seems appropriate

FB_IMG_1612290988898.jpg

That's perfect molly....thank you! 💙

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Me and my dirty mind 🤪 registered Blowing and 12 inches 🤪 didn't register the snow.

All is good here.

Horndog. You are definitely on the mend! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, spyke said:

Horndog. You are definitely on the mend! 🤣

Nope, I blame the painkillers. I'm off to bed and it's only 10pm here in the 🇬🇧. I even had an afternoon nap. Still in great pain, will take approx 2 weeks before the pain starts to ease.

I wake up every 2-3 hours, because of the meds needing to pee.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
9 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Long and aggravating day today, made worse by a high pain level.

Sorry you had such a bad day. Once that pain train leaves the station it's hard to stop. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Nope, I blame the painkillers. I'm off to bed and it's only 10pm here in the 🇬🇧. I even had an afternoon nap. Still in great pain, will take approx 2 weeks before the pain starts to ease.

I wake up every 2-3 hours, because of the meds needing to pee.

Hang in there, chris. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

good morning everyone 🌄 i hope that @chris191070 & @Fae Briona are feeling better

it's been a very long week for me, lots going on but nothing i can't handle it's just taking a bit more time

on a positive note, we are walking still & last night did 1.39 miles (2.24 km) we saw hawks, deer, & a nice older gent catch a good 2 pound bass!

ok, back to work

hugs to you all

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning everyone 🌄 i hope that @chris191070 & @Fae Briona are feeling better

it's been a very long week for me, lots going on but nothing i can't handle it's just taking a bit more time

on a positive note, we are walking still & last night did 1.39 miles (2.24 km) we saw hawks, deer, & a nice older gent catch a good 2 pound bass!

ok, back to work

hugs to you all

I'm alot better than I was. Still sleeping alot more than normal because of the painkillers and waking up every couple of hours because of the meds helping my kidney and causing me to pee.

All good otherwise, hope all is well with you.

• Like 4

Hey everybody!

Well, I was offered the management position yesterday and needed to mull it over for a bit. I accepted it today. It's going to be a bit of a challenge, but everyone here thinks I can do it and I believe I can too, and that's the most important thing. I'm looking forward to it! I will admit, money was a major part. Its roughly $12k more a year...our rent went up $172 per month so the extra income is needed. 

Upper management will be here until tomorrow. It's always mentally exhausting when they're here. Our current regional manager is a massive type A personality. The guy who is taking over for him is close. 

I had to scrape frost off my car's windshield this morning. With my driver's license because I haven't owned an ice scraper in 13 years. We also had to break down and turn the heat on. That stuff stinks when the dust in the vents burns off. 

@mollyhousemouse...one more day to get through...it has been a long week. We got this. 

@chris191070...take things easy, one day at a time. I'm happy you're on the road to recovery

Have a good day!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, kbois said:

Hey everybody!

Well, I was offered the management position yesterday and needed to mull it over for a bit. I accepted it today. It's going to be a bit of a challenge, but everyone here thinks I can do it and I believe I can too, and that's the most important thing. I'm looking forward to it! I will admit, money was a major part. Its roughly $12k more a year...our rent went up $172 per month so the extra income is needed. 

Upper management will be here until tomorrow. It's always mentally exhausting when they're here. Our current regional manager is a massive type A personality. The guy who is taking over for him is close. 

I had to scrape frost off my car's windshield this morning. With my driver's license because I haven't owned an ice scraper in 13 years. We also had to break down and turn the heat on. That stuff stinks when the dust in the vents burns off. 

@mollyhousemouse...one more day to get through...it has been a long week. We got this. 

@chris191070...take things easy, one day at a time. I'm happy you're on the road to recovery

Have a good day!

Congratulations 👏 on the new job. You'll make a great manager.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I'm alot better than I was. Still sleeping alot more than normal because of the painkillers and waking up every couple of hours because of the meds helping my kidney and causing me to pee.

All good otherwise, hope all is well with you.

That's great news chris. Sleep is good and in your case, pee is good!! Take it easy and don't try and do too much. Let your body heal on it's own time schedule. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Hey everybody!

Well, I was offered the management position yesterday and needed to mull it over for a bit. I accepted it today. 

I had to scrape frost off my car's windshield this morning.

Congratulations! You're going to do a great job. 

So sorry about the chilly weather. I guess that if you had frost, you were forced to wear socks this morning. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thanks everybody. I just got home. The boss took us out to dinner so that was nice. 

@spyke  Most mornings have been in the low 50s/high 40s. Today was the coldest. We had to kick in the heat at work for a few hours. I've worn socks and boots all week. My feet hate me and are demanding flip flops. I'm pretty sure that if I even walk near my husband's sock drawer tomorrow my feet will voluntarily amputate themselves and run away. Luckily it's supposed to hit the low 70s so....back to flip flops...yay!

Once again...thanks for the support. It really means a lot.

• Like 3

@kbois echoing everyone, well done 

also ... it was 82 here today flip flops all the way

dinner's done, Phil's almost done with tonight's class session, i'm going to take a few minutes & put today away before He comes to the living room

have a good night 🛌 🌙 🌟 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..