The Drop in Centre

Good morning all!

Nothing like starting a new job and having 2 of your 3 maintenance guys call out. "Car issues". 🤔Ummm...wasn't born yesterday dudes. 

Oh well, it's not my first baptism by fire and won't be the last. I will admit though... there's a huge difference between the alarm going off at 5am, compared to 6!

I'm looking forward to this new challenge. I just hope these new residents don't eat me alive!

Have a good day!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

We're not leaving the house. Several of the main roads here in town are showing as bad - don't want to think what the side roads are like.

Fae - i found some shoe grippers that help when it is Icy.  No matter the age falling on ice is no fun. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Fae - i found some shoe grippers that help when it is Icy.  No matter the age falling on ice is no fun. 

I can vouch for that...I dislocated my shoulder when I slipped on ice and I was in my early 20s at the time. Not fun, so be careful everyone who has to deal with that nasty stuff!

• Like 4

Hi all. Been awhile since I posted here.

Finally got the nerve to post a story, so far so good.

It's funny to read all the "work" comments. I try to think back to those days, it's hard though since I retired at age 39. Not that my retirement was a retirement, when you work for certain parts of the government if they call, you respond. I always tell people it's like the Mafia. You're only out when you're dead.

Hope people are doing okay. We are remaining covid free in my household.

Ryan

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

It's funny to read all the "work" comments. I try to think back to those days, it's hard though since I retired at age 39. Not that my retirement was a retirement, when you work for certain parts of the government if they call, you respond. I always tell people it's like the Mafia. You're only out when you're dead.

Ryan

doing okay.. nice to see you, Ryan

• Like 3

16F here this morning. University isn't opening up until noon, which is silly as the roads aren't as bad as yesterday morning -- and will be worse tomorrow morning when more freezing precip comes in.  Wind chill this weekend could hit -28F  ❄️

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

16F here this morning. University isn't opening up until noon, which is silly as the roads aren't as bad as yesterday morning -- and will be worse tomorrow morning when more freezing precip comes in.  Wind chill this weekend could hit -28F  ❄️

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC. In general we have little really cold weather or winter weather. This year though the winter precipitation has been annoying. Only a couple of inches but with ice added. Now we might have a big storm, or not.

Weather forecasters in my area are notoriously wrong. Last week they said 2"-4", we got about 1/2" and then it rained and all melted. They love to show all these computer models, tomorrow we are supposed to start the storm which could go through Friday during the day. One model says 10", one says 5", another says 1". So it's impossible to prepare.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC. In general we have little really cold weather or winter weather. This year though the winter precipitation has been annoying. Only a couple of inches but with ice added. Now we might have a big storm, or not.

Weather forecasters in my area are notoriously wrong. Last week they said 2"-4", we got about 1/2" and then it rained and all melted. They love to show all these computer models, tomorrow we are supposed to start the storm which could go through Friday during the day. One model says 10", one says 5", another says 1". So it's impossible to prepare.

All of the weather people in DC own stock in the grocery stores. The more panic they can build, the more milk, bread, and toilet paper get sold. 🤣  I don't miss that madness up there at all.  Now all I have to deal with is those same inaccurate models trying to predict where a hurricane will hit. At least that means no snow shoveling for me!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

Ryan

hello Ryan

good to see you

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

So it's impossible to prepare.

I just make it a point to prep for the absolute worst mother nature can toss. Then if a storm fizzles out, oh well. I didn't get caught with my shorts down.

I want a job I can be that wrong that often and make that much money!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Umm, where did my edit button go? Auto incorrect has struck again, and now I cant seem to fix it.

Tap on the three dots on the top right of the post box, and it should be there. Gotta love upgrades... :P 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Umm, where did my edit button go? Auto incorrect has struck again, and now I cant seem to fix it.

Autocorrect...*sigh*...mine still hasn't learned that I swear. It still calls my best friend a birch. 🤣

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

My boyfriend is so stressed. He's got the bar exam to take later this month. I have no idea why he's so stressed, he got great grades, he's even had a tutor and both his parents are already lawyers. I think he just needs that extra incentive, he would be this way about major tests or papers all the way from his junior year of high school through the present day.

I'll make him some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow, that's sure to change his outlook. The baking becomes a family affair, I do the mixing, get the cookies in the oven, but every pan that comes out we have to sample two cookies. By the time we get to the final pan we are just about in a sugar coma.

I bought my boyfriend at a yard sale 9+ years ago for a quarter. Yes, an entire quarter. His sister asked me if I wanted change, so did his father but I paid the full price.

So many people get stressed when it comes to taking any kind of test. Good luck to your boyfriend!

Cookies are a cure-all for just about anything. My mom swore that if any of my brothers hadn't stopped by for a while all she had to do was make a batch of choc chips and they'd show up. Just like that... *POOF* cookies gone!

Sounds like you got a good deal on the boyfriend!

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..