Whydo so many people hate twilight?

To be honest, I just thought the movie was boring. I gave it a fair shot, and found myself itching to switch it off a few times. I'm glad I didn't because now I can say I didn't rate much to it without somone saying that I didn't give it a fair chance.

i just can't understand the hype surrounding it. Though to be fair, I didn't rate Harry Potter, or Shrek that high, either. Yet all three movies have made a fair amount at the box office.

I'm just glad they toughened/emofield up the Bella character in the movies. In the book, she was such a whiny, annoying needy little girl and that was probably why I hated it.

Also Renesmee is a rubbish name for a character, and you'd think after imagining sparkly vampires, she'd come up with something better than fusing Renee and Esme

Edited by Percivial

"I quickly rubbed my cheek, and sure enough, traitor tears were there, betraying me."

Because that's some great writing, there. I can't say I'll waste my time "hating" on the series, and honestly, the hatedom annoys me as much as the hyperactive fans, but it's still pretty bad in all areas, from characters to the way Shmeyer likes to rape the thesaurus and shove in every adjective known to man in the course of one sentence. I gave the first book a chance, and honestly, I felt the whole thing was an insult to my own gender. The whole thing was so shallow and creepy overall (he bites the baby out of her womb! BITES. THE. BABY. OUT. OF. HER. FREAKING. UTERUS). I don't think it's the worst book in existence, but it should've just faded away into dust kind of like those Harlequin romance novels you find on the shelves of grocery stores for one week or so, then are never seen again.

Okay, well, Cracked explains it better than I ever could, so read this: LITERASHUR AHOY!

Bella Swan...that's the reason! All over herself, plain, bland, good for nothing and boring.

Sparkling vampires? it could be nice to actually see someone sparkle! So I'm not against all the sparkle and glitter. (I'm a girl btw)

OK, there was a previous string where someone asked "when did you feel you were "old". Well it just hit me ( unfortunately not for the first time).

I saw the title to this post - "Why do so many people hate twilight". my first thought - and this didn't cahnge until I had read the first few entries - was why on earth would people not like the period just before and after sunset?:blink:

That said as I have never seen the twilight that obviously involves cute boys and werewolves, I can't comment.

But I do like watching the (very brief, inthe tropics) twilight each night...... B)

a) have to say i did read the first three books. What can i say? Once i started i couldn't stop. It was once i stopped and THOUGHT about what i was reading that i freaked out more than a little.

B) my sister cried in the second movie. CRIED. in the MOVIE.

Not sure why i'm dot pointing. Oops. Ok.

so reasons i dislike Twilight :

Bella is pathetic. COME ON, give us a good, strong, spunky female lead! Why does a whiny, annoying, needy, boring teenage girl have not ONE, but TWO guys falling all over her???

Edward is mean, manipulative, possessive, controlling and ... well, sparkly. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE sparkles... but in moderation, right?

And then... SHE WENT AND CHOSE THE VAMPIRE! AAAAAAARGH!!!

(i'm a werewolf girl at heart. Always have been. Pre - Twilight. I mean, seriously. You go on a date with a vampire? He can't enjoy his meal. He just wants to eat YOU, and once your blood's all gone, well, that's not much fun, now, is it? and they're COLD and DEAD. And ok, maybe fangs are cool (???) but he can't leave his house in daylight. Give me a werewolf anyday :D )

• Like 2

I read Twilight at first because my young daughter wanted to read it and I didn’t want her reading something that would be inappropriate for her age. Which led to both of us reading all of them. People need to take the story for what it is, an immature 16 year-old girl who is at the center of attention of a love triangle. The writing is very immature which is reflecting of the main character’s needy and shallow personality.

thats because the author is a crap author

its pure teen-girl wish fulfillment, the sort of stuff written by 14yr olds with coloured pen & lots of drawings of boys, not-to-be-read-by-parents-or-others wankfest

& seriously, has SM been locked in a cupboard for the past half-century? this is not the 1950's, & i dont think girls really want to be the 1950's girl/woman.

I read the book ages ago and I thought they were okay. I was disappointed in the third one...I just freaking hate love triangles XD ....Didn't read the last one ;p

Was kind of disappointed in the movie as well. The first one was just really bad quality. The second and third one were better :P

• 1 month later...

My real riff with Meyer's writing itself is that she's using words that she herself doesn't understand well enough to use in the first place. She tries to shove every big word in the dictionary into her writing, but her usage is about as impressive as your typical thirteen year old on ff.net

My real riff with Meyer's writing itself is that she's using words that she herself doesn't understand well enough to use in the first place. She tries to shove every big word in the dictionary into her writing, but her usage is about as impressive as your typical thirteen year old on ff.net

didn't know that but hey her story made it to the movies ... how lucky can one get as an author?

I found it as a fan fiction back in 05 on a fansite. I liked the idea, of course it was a fan fic back then, and vamps so I loved all kinds of stories like that! But after 5 or so give or take, chapters, it disappeared from online.

Then some time later, a friend of mine was going on and on about this book she read, and so I checked it out, and sure enough, it was the story! So I read it, even tho the author changed the characters completely. I'm sure for copyrights but. That's the only reason I read it, cause I recognized it. But I thought it wasn't done well enough to be as huge as it had become, I think the idea could have made it great had it been written better. But I guess that's my opinion. I wouldn't hate on it tho. To each his own I say.

• 1 year later...

because its a cliche typical love story about a teenage girl that is inlove with 2guys at the same time and has to choose(and we all know who she'll chose at da end) and breaking dawn part2 was sort of a big disappointment...

because its a cliche typical love story about a teenage girl that is inlove with 2guys at the same time and has to choose(and we all know who she'll chose at da end) and breaking dawn part2 was sort of a big disappointment...

I love reading vampire books even love reading werewolf books. Vampires don't sparkle.  If your over a century old why the heck be a teenager again didn't they learn their lesson the first time. Lol

So the three twight actors combine makes more than Daniel

lol, Robert or Taylor can take on Rupert any time of day

but all of them can retire any time they want ... but people still go to their movies

lol, will life spare us of another twilight trilogy? 

its the guys that have to keep their muscular figure up for the next 9 years

lol

Kristen Stewart (Twilight) - actress - Born: 1990 US - Boyfriend
Annual: USD 34,500,000.00
Monthly: USD 2,875,000.00
Weekly: USD 690,000.00
Daily: USD 138,000.00

Robert Pattinson (Twilight) - Actor - Born: 1986 UK - Girlfriend
Annual: USD 26,500,000.00
Monthly: USD 2,208,333.00
Weekly: USD 530,000.00
Daily: USD 106,000.00

Taylor Lautner - Actor - Born: 1992 USA
Annual: USD 26,500,000.00
Monthly: USD 2,208,333.00
Weekly: USD 530,000.00
Daily: USD 106,000.00

Daniel Radcliffe - Actor (Harry Potter) - Born: 1989 UK - Single
Annual: USD 80,572,785.00
Monthly: USD 6,714,399.00
Weekly: USD 1,611,456.00
Daily: USD 322,291.00

Emma Watson - Actress - Born: 1990 France - Single
Annual: USD 37,226,962.00
Monthly: USD 3,102,247.00
Weekly: USD 744,539.00
Daily: USD 148,908.00

Rupert Grint - Actor - Born: 1988 UK - Single
Annual: USD 21,720,000.00
Monthly: USD 1,810,000.00
Weekly: USD 434,400.00
Daily: USD 86,880.00
Edited by hh5

I am indifferent to twilight, but I bet if I read/watched it I would feel about it the same way I feel about Harry Potter.

I LOVE Harry Potter. But I cannot stand the books and movies written by JK Rowling. I thought it was a horrendous story full of bad plot-holes, shoddy explanations, annoying characters, and a complete cliche.

But I love the Harry Potter universe. I read fanfiction at least an hour a day. I am very thankful that Rowling wrote her stories, even if I didn't like it, because it allowed other people, who are far superior writers, to entertain me.

I've read some twilight fanfiction. It's pretty good. So i bet I would feel the same way.

• Like 1