Personal questions...

When the muse is with me, I write. When the muse is not, I go in search of him/her. Often this involves engaging in entertainment or art of some sort.

Same Q

Read, game, watch things, create things, annoy people, eat, dance in the kitchen and whatever else my brain decides like it is a good idea.

What is your favourite weather? What is it about it that makes it so?

• Site Administrator

I like cloudy, cool weather.  Too much sun hurts my eyes, and I like to be comfortable.  I've never been a big fan of hot weather.

Same Q

Spring mornings when the air is still crisp, a few cotton clouds in a blue sky and shining sun. You know its gonna be a good and beautiful day :)

Same Q

Edited by clochette

Although I already answered this question, this is probably my favorite of the "games" forums, and so I like to keep it going, so I'll add another form of weather.

I've had the pleasure of being in a typhoon before, and though most people find such weather appalling, I loved every second I spent in that drenching downpour. It was probably the closest I've ever been to being truly overwhelmed by the power of nature.

New Question: If you were to haunt something/somewhere when you die, what would it be? 

The Anheuser Busch Brewery in St. Louis.  It's a grand old structure with wonderful nooks and crannies.  

anheuser-busch-st-louis-brewery.jpg

Same Q:

What an awesome choice!

I would choose the aokigahara forest in Japan. It's already considered one of the most haunted places in the world, and I'd love to have the company.

Aokigahara-trees.jpg

Same Q

• Like 1

Maybe the National Mall in D.C., as I have a lot of memories there (and in the immediate area) as well as it having visitors from all over, regular events, and the history that is collected there. I feel I could witness many different things. 

1412353159003-National-Mall-DC-1-.jpg

Poor Cynus, having to make up most the questions and then answering them himself.  :P  Love that you do though, since it helps to keep the thread alive and making new questions is hard.

New Question: If you had to be stuck somewhere for an extended period of time with someone who is a virtual stranger (loose acquaintance, celebrity, etc.) who would you want it to be? Why?

Edited by C. When
  • Like 1

Maybe the National Mall in D.C., as I have a lot of memories there (and in the immediate area) as well as it having visitors from all over, regular events, and the history that is collected there. I feel I could witness many different things. 

1412353159003-National-Mall-DC-1-.jpg

Poor Cynus, having to make up most the questions and then answering them himself.  :P  Love that you do though, since it helps to keep the thread alive and making new questions is hard.

New Question: If you had to be stuck somewhere for an extended period of time with someone who is a virtual stranger (loose acquaintance, celebrity, etc.) who would you want it to be? Why?

That's a neat choice, too. I'm glad to see the thoughtful responses to this. (And thanks. :P )

I had a hard time answering this one, only because there were a number of people I'd choose, and choosing between them all was incredibly difficult. 

I decided on the current Dalai Lama. I've always considered him to be a man of deep wisdom, with an extremely progressive perspective on humanity as far as current world religion leaders are concerned. I think, regardless of how long we were stuck somewhere, it would be an enlightening experience, and my soul would come out better and stronger at the end of it.

Same Q

• Like 2

I tend to ask questions I have no idea how to answer.... Dodger (a youtuber PressHearttoContinue) This is someone I have watched a lot for quite a while. She seems like someone I could tolerate for an extended period of time and not want to escape.

New Question: What kind of person are you when you first wake up?

Irritable and neurotic, which is how I am when I go to bed as well, so I'm not sure there's any difference throughout the day.

New Question: What does writing/reading do for you?

Reading is something I have always enjoyed, although I'm not entirely certain as to why. I think it lets me experience/witness various things. Writing, even though I enjoy creating, has been a source of stress for me for a long time. I had trouble with physically writing, I wrote right to left at one point and mixed up letters for longer, and the repetitive writing to fix those problems was annoying as well as all the specific ways one has to write in school, was frustrating. So writing annoys me at times, but the feeling of creating a story that interests not just me is so satisfying that I keep wanting to write. Maybe someday reading and writing will both do wonderful things for me. (I think I answered the question)

Same question.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I think reading and writing actually do similar things for me.  They allow me into worlds I might otherwise never know.  It's an emotional and creative outlet that I need to tap into to stay sane. 

Same Q

• Like 2

Reading allows me to escape, usually. What do I need escaping from? My own thoughts, more often than anything else. It's nice to read someone else's thoughts for a change, to distract me from the many things I think about which I probably shouldn't think about. 

Writing is different. I view writing as much the same as I do any other art form, meaning it's a matter of an emotional outlet for the creator. This isn't the same for everyone, I'd bet, since not everyone views writing as art (to them). Some view it as a chore, and others view it as a waste of time (heaven forbid!). But for me, it's the art form I'm best at, though not necessarily the one I enjoy the most. It allows me to get out some of the emotions I know are trying to destroy me by building up in my system. I have it written on my "about me" section that "Art is about a broken soul trying to heal itself."

I still think that's true, and I imagine I always will.

Same Q

• Like 3

I read for entertainment, for fascination, and for involvement in stories I wish I might live or experiences I might want, or to answer questions that pick at my brain. I love a good yarn and warm drink.

same q.

• Like 1