Personal questions...

I'm going to a music festival for 4 days with my dad on the last weekend of June/first of July.

And then I'll hopefully be an au pair for a nice family in Ireland or the U.K.

Otherwise no real plans for the summer except maybe some paint job in the house and helping at Grams'

Where would you like to be right now?

• 2 weeks later...

In a mountain temple just above the timberline of a tropical rain forest, with a cool rain enveloping everything. I'd sit there on the edge of the temple wall, sipping tea and enjoying the weather . . . *sigh*

New Question: What emotion exists at the core of your being?

When I was a child it was wonder!

When I was a teenager it was lust...

When I was a young adult it was possibilities.

When I was a middle age adult it was about roads not taken.

Now that I am a mature man well over the age of sixty it is a sense of thanks for all the opportunities, memories, laughter,

and all the small daily things of life that we usually take for granted.

Same Q:

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 2

Haunted

Same Q

When I was a child it was wonder!

When I was a teenager it was lust...

When I was a young adult it was possibilities.

When I was a middle age adult it was about roads not taken.

Now that I am a mature man well over the age of sixty it is a sense of thanks for all the opportunities, memories, laughter,

and all the small daily things of life that we usually take for granted.

Same Q:

I positively love your answer!

• Like 1

Probably the time I invited all of my friends over, including the older boy I was infatuated with (I'd still drop everything for him if he gave me a chance). He came, despite how he initially grumbled about hanging out with all of the young guys. He and I ended up becoming even closer after that. (Though never as close as I wanted to be...)

Same Q

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

It's hard to choose just one, but a birthday memory that sticks out to me was when I was in high school a good friend of mine bought me a hamster.  It was my first pet. She had even gone to my parents to ask permission to buy it for me, since she knew my mom wasn't a big animal person.  It meant a lot to me that she went through all that trouble. 

New Q:  What's your favorite household chore?

• Like 2

I like scrubbing surfaces (Ex. counters, sink, showers) I find it hypnotic.

New Question: What is a work of fiction that you will always defend and promote? What makes it so special?

Edited by C. When

Laika by EleCivil. This is the piece of internet fiction which drove me to finally submit something at AwesomeDude. I adored this story, as I related a great deal to the personal struggles of the characters, and their way of life in general. A lot of people have issues with the ending, but I found it poetic and beautiful in its own way.

You can check it out here: http://www.awesomedude.com/elecivil/Laika/index.htm

Same Question

• Like 1

The Client by John Grisham, is one of many works I would defend staunchly. The main character is compelling, and the supporting characters brilliantly drawn. But I also liked Cynus' answer, and connected with Laika too. 

Same Q

• Like 1

Star Trek (mostly VOY and ENT) maybe... I grew up watching those and other sci-fi that often deal with morality and asked tough questions. I feel they taught me to think more about the world and that not everything is as black and white as fairy tales.

New Question: What is your favorite euphemism? 

Edited by C. When
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I almost never watch late night TV; in the rare event that I do, it's usually a movie...

New Question:

what is your favorite way to beat unbearable heat (when it's hot outside, that is)?