Personal questions...

• 2 weeks later...

Needed to do another, because I knew there was one I thought better of. Lord of the Flies. The old black and white version follows the book rather well by my reckoning. As I was first shown it when I was about the age of the oldest boys involved in the story, it resonated with me quite a bit. I didn't read the book until a few years later, but I still found it gripping.

Same Q

Edited by Cynus
  • Site Administrator

I completed a 5k mud run four years ago.  If I had stopped to actually think about the giant obstacles I had to go over, I would have never done it. There was only one I couldn't do, and that's because my boots couldn't get enough traction for me to go over the wall.  

Same Q

• Like 1

We had a child 10 years ago. Back when I came out I had to deal with the fact that I would not likely have children. It was a blessing when it became a possibility again.

Q:When did you put yourself out there and take a big risk for the better?

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I decided to change careers when I was thirty.  I was working a very physical job that took a big toll on my mind and body, so I decided to go back to college and get my masters in a completely different field.  It was a difficult decision that ended up working out great in the long run.  

Same Q 

• Like 2

Can't said I've had one of those. I've taken risks, but they've never worked out for the better. I do have some times I wish I had, though. I'm working toward one right now, and it may come sooner rather than later if this itch doesn't go away. I might just walk away from my job someday, though, and sell everything I own before setting out to travel backpacking style. :)

Same Q

• 1 month later...

I will answer this one in two ways:

If I would never age I would like to be about 30.  When I was 30 I looked fairly good, nothing hurt on a regular basis, I had my education and good work, my life was really quite fun except for being in the closet.  Now I would repeat but be out :)

If I had to pick an age to start from I would pick 16.  Old enough to drive, but everything ahead of me to look forward to and grow into.  Same as above I would figure out how to come out and be the real me :)

R

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I would pick 25.  My body didn't hurt all the time and I was physically capable of doing a lot more than I am now.  

New Q:  What's your favorite fall tradition? 

• Like 2

Putting up the orange and black lights and other decorations for Halloween.

(And to answer the prior question:  I would chose to be in my early 40's probably around 44.  I still felt like I was 24 and I had accumulated enough financial security to start to enjoy life and still had all the energy to travel, party, even pull an all nighter and still get to work the next day.)

Now back to Val's Q:  What's your favorite fall tradition?

New Question:  If you could be any age that you wanted, what age would you choose?

Fifteen. It's not even a difficult choice. My inner child is still fifteen, and I love to placate him. Yeah, I couldn't drive, but I would love to explore the world as a teenager.

New Q:  What's your favorite fall tradition? 

Jack-o-lanterns. Not necessarily carving them, but seeing them. Real ones, though, with actual candles inside. 

Same Q

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

We always had live trees when I was growing up, then switched to artificial when I was in college, I think.  I don't do change well and was very resistant to it at first, but now have no problem with it.  

New Q:  What's your favorite Christmas ornament? 

An old cheesy plastic star tree topper that is almost as old as I am.  It is the only one I remember ever being on the top of the tree at my parents house.  I have fixed it so many times that there is more glue and replacement bulbs than origional parts.  Mom is now gone but the fun times are always remembered when I see that damn thing :,( .

Same Q.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Wining and dinning with my family.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD SEX?

Edited by j1718