:facepalm: I hate when I fuck up in reviews !

somehow I think Oli will be a lot more eager to defend bad treatment of his boyfriend than he ever was to object to his dad being a jerk.

I meant defend his boyfriend from bad treatment. No wonder Sasha didn't quite know what to reply. :no:

OH. MY. LORD. 

Worst dinner with the boyfriend's family EVER. But Andrea did know! 

Edit: But one of the other reviewers makes an extremely valid point. What the heck is wrong with Andrea that she's living with a guy who's boinking his Alsatian?

Why not? He loves her, he's not a completely bad guy. It's a fetish... lots of couple who don't even love each other anymore stay married forever.

Sooo, Kitt, did YOU know it at that point ? If so tsk, tsk for misleading us all. :no:

You know Ma is not allowed to share.

• Like 1

Why not? He loves her, he's not a completely bad guy. It's a fetish... lots of couple who don't even love each other anymore stay married forever.

You know Ma is not allowed to share.

yeah, but to post something pointing the other way isn't nice either. BUT in this case Kitt was fully justified, since she didn't actually know that Andrea knew.

I don't object to Andrea being cool with her husband having wolf sex with the dog, but I DO object to her ignoring how badly the bastard treats his son. Why doesn't she say or do something? How can she ignore how hurt Oli has felt time and time again. She seems quite clever and emphatic most of the time, but oblivous to her son's feelings. She doesn't even respect his wish to be called OLI, not Oliver. :pissed: Is this something Boris has to teach her?

• Like 1

I am a much more complex wolf than I seem to be.

Also, posting attitude changes when sulky.

Well that's a relief anyway. Guess I'll wait it out.

My position is simply that I would like to think well of Andrea since she seems to be the only nurturing parent Oli has, and I can't think well of people who have sex with Alsatians, or connive at others doing so.

Edit: and I'm faintly sulky myself at the implication that middle aged people are so dead to romance and physical love that we'll all accept Anastasias milling around without turning a hair.

Edited by Irritable1

I don't object to Andrea being cool with her husband having wolf sex with the dog, but I DO object to her ignoring how badly the bastard treats his son.

She doesn't even respect his wish to be called OLI, not Oliver.

Maybe she is hoping that Oli will learn to stand up to his father by himself?

As for the name - even good and wonderful parents can be insanely stubborn about using a child's preferred name. I know this.

I'm faintly sulky myself at the implication that middle aged people are so dead to romance and physical love that we'll all accept Anastasias milling around without turning a hair.

SOME middle aged people, not all middle aged people. *pokes* Don't sulk.

I like to think I manage to represent a fairly even variety of relationships on the "happiness" scale. After all, Kurt's parents totally adored one another. Paddy's too. 

I can have everyone happy all of the time eh?

• Like 1

SOME middle aged people, not all middle aged people. *pokes* Don't sulk.

I like to think I manage to represent a fairly even variety of relationships on the "happiness" scale. After all, Kurt's parents totally adored one another. Paddy's too. 

Mmmmmmaybe. I can has next chapter now?

• Like 1

As a person, my heart goes out to Oli & Boris -- especially Oli who is so conflicted about loving another person who clearly loves and cares for him so much. Guess it is clear I fall into the camp that sees Buddy as something other than a dog. Even Alexander and Anastasis's sexual escapades do not rationally strike me as bestiality -- unless Alexander is doing things as a human to her that we haven't yet heard about. The fact that Anastasia is responding as a dog not a werewolf, however, does make it closer and does make me less comfortable although part of that uncomfortable feeling is that Alexander is such a jerk.

As someone trained as a molecular geneticist and having worked in biomedical research, I immediately want to know why Boris is "backwards". Is it a mutant receptor that just affects the human/wolf switch? Is it a mutant signaling molecule that affects other aspects of his life, and if so, what other things are affected? Mostly I want to know, however, so that I can think about how he or Oli can be changed so that they can experience all of their love, both as wolves and as humans.

Glad that they story has a way to go, Sasha, and love that you connect Kieran and Robin to them. Maybe they can become  friends somewhere along your master plan.

PS: Out of the mouth of babes… part of me wants to applaud Boris for addressing the elephant on the table (Alexander and Anastasia), part of me wants to put my hand over his mouth before he gets it out (but only a very small part), and part of me is too shocked to do or say anything. With a few minutes of thought, however, the desire to applaud wins out big time.

• Like 4

Maybe she is hoping that Oli will learn to stand up to his father by himself?

Maybe, but clearly Oli needed some sort of support, if only to know that he was justified in thinking himself unfairly treated.

Oh and you meant you cannot keep us all happy, didn't you? Except you sort of do, just by writing. :) Even the moaning we do is fun. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

As someone trained as a molecular geneticist and having worked in biomedical research, I immediately want to know why Boris is "backwards". Is it a mutant receptor that just affects the human/wolf switch? Is it a mutant signaling molecule that affects other aspects of his life, and if so, what other things are affected? 

You'd probably be better at working it out than me. I'm OK at biology, but I'm not near your league. 

Boris's genetic switch works on the principles of a suspension of disbelief... but yeah, it's a mutant receptor/genome that mucks up Boris's reaction to the moon. I figure with werewolves they have a receptor to the strength of the moon like humans do to heat/light etc etc. Boris's is turned around and throws the wrong set of genetic materials into the switch. or something.

Is there a camp that sees Buddy as a dog? Other than peripheral characters who don't know he is a werewolf, of course. :)

A camp of characters or a camp of readers?

Character who don't know he's a werewolf think he's a dog, and since only Oli, Alex and Andrea know he is a werewolf - and they all understand the difference between werewolf and dog (though Alex is less good at this).

There really aren't a great number of peripheral characters in AWAHM... I have only just noticed this.

A camp of characters or a camp of readers?

Character who don't know he's a werewolf think he's a dog, and since only Oli, Alex and Andrea know he is a werewolf - and they all understand the difference between werewolf and dog (though Alex is less good at this).

There really aren't a great number of peripheral characters in AWAHM... I have only just noticed this.

I assumed a camp of readers, but we all know he is a werewolf, too. Therefore, in the universe of readers and characters, only the

nonfamily characters don't know. Ok, it's not a great argument, but it made sense in my head at the time that I wrote it. :yes:

There are actually quite a lot of peripheral characters: Oli's neighbors, work colleagues and former teacher; shop workers; Kieran and Robin, etc.

As an aside, we are visiting my parents this weekend and they have a new female dog who happens to be both insanely friendly and in heat. I keep having visions of Anastasia...very much unwanted visions! :pinch: Damn you for putting these in my head! Thankfully she isn't an Alsatian. Haha!

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

The worst "unwanted vision" I have in my head involves the scene where Oli finds Alex in his workshop (in human form) with Anastasia in close contact with him and Alex is obviously aroused...he hasn't even changed yet! I was totally disgusted with Alex and sad for Oli...If Sasha was going for shocking, he certainly achieved it with me. It was a great illustration of the twisted dynamic that exists in Alex's version of family, where a dog has achieved the dubious status of a mistress and Oli is perceived as little more than an outsider or at best, a nuisance to be dominated and lowest wolf in the pack. It all makes my heart cry. In many ways Sasha, it has become your most powerful story....and that is saying something....

• Like 3

I assumed a camp of readers, but we all know he is a werewolf, too.  Therefore, in the universe of readers and characters, only the nonfamily characters don't know. Ok, it's not a great argument, but it made sense in my head at the time that I wrote it. :yes:

Well it made sense in my head, when i read it. I guess I sort of assumed that a lot of us had a hard time thinking of Buddy as Boris when he is wolf. Oli certainly has problems doing so, since he equals having sex with Boris to his dad fucking the alsatian. Alex is in that camp too, since he only considered Boris a person when human. Oli's mum did better and Oli did say that Boris was a person no matter his shape, so intellectually he knows. It's just his messed up emotional issues which has to be dealt with.

Maybe if we kept calling Boris by his human name, rather than Buddy, it would help ?

• Like 2

The worst "unwanted vision" I have in my head involves the scene where Oli finds Alex in his workshop (in human form) with Anastasia in close contact with him and Alex is obviously aroused...he hasn't even changed yet! I was totally disgusted with Alex and sad for Oli...If Sasha was going for shocking, he certainly achieved it with me. It was a great illustration of the twisted dynamic that exists in Alex's version of family, where a dog has achieved the dubious status of a mistress and Oli is perceived as little more than an outsider or at best, a nuisance to be dominated and lowest wolf in the pack. It all makes my heart cry. In many ways Sasha, it has become your most powerful story....and that is saying something....

Ah, yes, that was particularly disturbing. And now I'm seeing it all over again. Ugh!

This is definitely my favorite of Sasha's stories.

• Like 1

Well it made sense in my head, when i read it. I guess I sort of assumed that a lot of us had a hard time thinking of Buddy as Boris when he is wolf. Oli certainly has problems doing so, since he equals having sex with Boris to his dad fucking the alsatian. Alex is in that camp too, since he only considered Boris a person when human. Oli's mum did better and Oli did say that Boris was a person no matter his shape, so intellectually he knows. It's just his messed up emotional issues which has to be dealt with.

Maybe if we kept calling Boris by his human name, rather than Buddy, it would help ?

Well, Oli knows that he, himself, is still a person while a wolf and seems to have fewer hang-ups about wolf-human sex when he's the wolf. I think that will help him become more comfortable about it the other way around.

I'm probably going to regret saying this but there has been a lot of mention of wolves' lack of opposable thumbs, but nothing about the advantage of their more dexterous tongues. ;)

• Like 3

I'm probably going to regret saying this but there has been a lot of mention of wolves' lack of opposable thumbs, but nothing about the advantage of their more dexterous tongues. ;)

:blink:   :P  damn you impunity, now I have to go find more tissues.... 

• Like 5

I'm probably going to regret saying this but there has been a lot of mention of wolves' lack of opposable thumbs, but nothing about the advantage of their more dexterous tongues.  ;) 

Oh, not nothing, dear, check back in the thread a little ways. FINALLY some sympathy, huh Tim?  :lol:

• Like 3