This was an absolutely beautiful chapter about love and frustration with the joy of being together thrown in...and I should be satisfied with that. But to be honest, I am dealing with an overwhelming sense of sadness right now. All of the wonderful things they share just seems to highlight for me, what they can't share. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer...I will deal. One more thing...of course it was Robin...Kier has never taken anyone else home to meet all the dogs so I can't see anyone else talking about the four dogs with intimate knowledge of them...besides, I know Kier now...cheers...Gary

• Like 1

All of the wonderful things they share just seems to highlight for me, what they can't share. 

I know what you mean, but think of all that they can share with each other that they couldn't share with, for example, a human. They can be honest with each other, completely and totally, neither has to hold back any canine urges or behaviour and Oli no longer has to lie to whoever he is attempting to date about where he vanished off to every month.

See, there are good things.

• Like 1

One more thing...of course it was Robin...Kier has never taken anyone else home to meet all the dogs so I can't see anyone else talking about the four dogs with intimate knowledge of them...besides, I know Kier now...cheers...Gary

of course it was Robin - the hazel eyes were a dead give away too.

• Like 2

I know what you mean, but think of all that they can share with each other that they couldn't share with, for example, a human. They can be honest with each other, completely and totally, neither has to hold back any canine urges or behaviour and Oli no longer has to lie to whoever he is attempting to date about where he vanished off to every month.

See, there are good things.

Yeah, I agree with all that about what they share now and it is beautiful, and it is something they couldn't necessarily share with humans( although his parents could share all that if Alex wasn't so creepy). That is why I said that this highlights what they can't have...they share this because they are both werewolves...they just can't have the best of both worlds...they are wolves and they are people and they only get half of what is available to other werewolf pairs and as much as I try to get there, this just feels so tragic that it colors what they do have, for me. I keep telling myself that there are restrictions on a lot of relationships and that they are lucky to have found this love...but I just love them both so much and because both had ripped off childhoods and crappy lives before they met, I want more for them. You wrote them too well, Sasha....Cheers...Gary

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with all that about what they share now and it is beautiful, and it is something they couldn't necessarily share with humans( although his parents could share all that if Alex wasn't so creepy). That is why I said that this highlights what they can't have...they share this because they are both werewolves...they just can't have the best of both worlds...they are wolves and they are people and they only get half of what is available to other werewolf pairs and as much as I try to get there, this just feels so tragic that it colors what they do have, for me. I keep telling myself that there are restrictions on a lot of relationships and that they are lucky to have found this love...but I just love them both so much and because both had ripped off childhoods and crappy lives before they met, I want more for them. You wrote them too well, Sasha....Cheers...Gary

I must admit I finished this chapter with a feeling of "ok, well, bestiality it'll have to be, then." Even I can only keep my heart stony for so long before constant Boris makes it relent. I'll skip the next chapter, shall I? Just step into the other room for a bit?

• Like 3

Oh Gary, we love them as if they were our own children and so we want them to have every possible happiness. However, life isn't like that and so we grieve for them and the things beyond their grasp. Remember the SashaForce and the wonders it is able to manifest in an otherwise hopeless world, surely, the force is with them ... and the story must end with happily ever after ... or else, dammit!

Really that wasn't a demand or anything Sasha just a humble statement of faith.

• Like 4

Oh Gary, we love them as if they were our own children and so we want them to have every possible happiness. However, life isn't like that and so we grieve for them and the things beyond their grasp. Remember the SashaForce and the wonders it is able to manifest in an otherwise hopeless world, surely, the force is with them ... and the story must end with happily ever after ... or else, dammit!

Really that wasn't a demand or anything Sasha just a humble statement of faith.

Oh crap i've just realised I have a lot to live up to.

• Like 2

Another fun but poignant chapter...still hoping for a happy synchronous ending.

As an aside, I noticed one of your responses to a review and was curious enough to do a little research.

snapback.png Reply from Sasha Distan (author)

4 weeks in quarantine is going to ensure that neither of them ever travel anywhere legally...

The UK pet importation regulations don't actually require quarantine if the entry requirements are met. It would take a little planning ahead (something at which Oli excels) and cause some discomfort to Boris (microchip, rabies vaccine, and a post-vaccine blood test to demonstrate antibodies to rabies, plus treatment for tapeworms before returning), but it seems relatively manageable (https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-quarantine). The requirements for the rest of the EU are the same, except that the tapeworm treatment only applies when entering Finland, Ireland or Malta (http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/carry/animal-plant/index_en.htm),

I'm not sure if Russia would be their destination of choice, but there are no quarantine requirements there either (http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/russia.cfm).

Nor are there any in the United States, except for Hawaii or Guam (http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html).

Of course, I'm still hoping this is all academic, because they'll resolve their lunar incompatibility before travel plans are needed. :)

Added as an afterthought: It looks like there was a 6-month quarantine requirement in the UK until 2011, when the regulations were changed to align with the EU's. That would really have ruined any possibility of travel!

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

Another fun but poignant chapter...still hoping for a happy synchronous ending.

As an aside, I noticed one of your responses to a review and was curious enough to do a little research.

The UK pet importation regulations don't actually require quarantine if the entry requirements are met. It would take a little planning ahead (something at which Oli excels) and cause some discomfort to Boris (microchip, rabies vaccine, and a post-vaccine blood test to demonstrate antibodies to rabies, plus treatment for tapeworms before returning), but it seems relatively manageable (https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-quarantine). The requirements for the rest of the EU are the same, except that the tapeworm treatment only applies when entering Finland, Ireland or Malta (http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/carry/animal-plant/index_en.htm),

I'm not sure if Russia would be their destination of choice, but there are no quarantine requirements there either (http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/russia.cfm).

Nor are there any in the United States, except for Hawaii or Guam (http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html).

Of course, I'm still hoping this is all academic, because they'll resolve their lunar incompatibility before travel plans are needed. :)

Added as an afterthought: It looks like there was a 6-month quarantine requirement in the UK until 2011, when the regulations were changed to align with the EU's. That would really have ruined any possibility of travel!

If this becomes relevant, it'll all be very useful information. Thanks very much.  :lol:

• Like 1

The UK pet importation regulations don't actually require quarantine if the entry requirements are met. It would take a little planning ahead (something at which Oli excels) and cause some discomfort to Boris (microchip, rabies vaccine, and a post-vaccine blood test to demonstrate antibodies to rabies, plus treatment for tapeworms before returning), but it seems relatively manageable (https://www.gov.uk/p...avel-quarantine). The requirements for the rest of the EU are the same, except that the tapeworm treatment only applies when entering Finland, Ireland or Malta (http://europa.eu/you...nt/index_en.htm),

I think I love you.

No need for that my dear. I got your safety net, don't worry. (I know my audience)

:o   :huh: OMG Kiorl leaps out of the ground in a gust of brimstone and does the other thing??? Now that I wasn't expecting.

You want to know what turned me to the dark side? Never mind, I'll tell you anyway. When Boris is trying to persuade Oli to go for it, and Oli says, no, no, it's wrong, I don't know how much of it you made metaphorical on purpose, Sasha, but I had a terrible vision of  eons of actual people, humans I mean, suffering like this from internalized homophobia and fear of their love for each other---I mean, we don't even need to guess, there's documentary evidence in diaries and things and it's just so sad--- and I was just like  :,( *sob* and that's before you look at anything that happens in the present day.

So I don't want to watch or anything, but to the extent that it's a literary device I will deal with it.

Last edit: But honestly? I'll be better pleased not to have to, specially since the metaphor, if there's one in use, would be a bit redundant.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

If this becomes relevant, it'll all be very useful information. Thanks very much. :lol:

I think I love you.

Happy to help! (And, thanks, Irritable1, you seem very nice, too!) :*);)

I have to confess I cheated a little: I knew the information for the United States. I need it for my job. I also know there is a lot of misinformation about US quarantine requirements out there. :rolleyes:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

If this becomes relevant, it'll all be very useful information. Thanks very much.  :lol:

I may copy and paste it into a file and store it with Sasha's work. Regardless of if it becomes relevant in this particular story, Sasha has enough shifter stories in his head that it may become relevant at some point in the future!

• Like 1

I may copy and paste it into a file and store it with Sasha's work. Regardless of if it becomes relevant in this particular story, Sasha has enough shifter stories in his head that it may become relevant at some point in the future!

and this is one of the many reasons I love you without question.

• Like 1

OH. MY. LORD. 

Worst dinner with the boyfriend's family EVER. But Andrea did know! 

Edit: But one of the other reviewers makes an extremely valid point. What the heck is wrong with Andrea that she's living with a guy who's boinking his Alsatian?

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

There is a lot of strength to Boris, for all his sweetness and innocence. When he says that of course Oli treats Anastasia like a dog because she is a dog...not a werewolf, he is doing two things. He is first and foremost defending Oli but he is also openly passing judgement...something Alpha Alex is not used too. The disdain with which he says "that line" to Andrea is so powerful...it practically drips with contempt and I can't see it being unanswered by Alex. I am really looking forward to the next chapter...

• Like 2

Well, maybe he fears the answer: "Yes, I know dear. Better her than me." :o

YES !! I get to say "I knew it, I knew it !" :D  I love it when I can predict something in Sasha's stories, shame it happens so rarely. :*)

OK - now I have to say "EEEEWWWWW"  I would prefer to think she is just in the dark.

Sooo, Kitt, did YOU know it at that point ? If so tsk, tsk for misleading us all. :no:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Actually back when I posted that I had not yet edited the dinner chapter. Although I must admit - between what I had already edited and the discussions with Sasha I did know well before the rest of you found out.

• Like 1