Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Spring has sprung! Woohoo! 

Can't wait to see how y'all like the flowers I planted :P

I am relieved....

Killing Brett would have most likely been unsafe for me. Hell, just hurting him a bit had y'all up in arms!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Can't wait to see how y'all like the flowers I planted :P

Killing Brett would have most likely been unsafe for me. Hell, just hurting him a bit had y'all up in arms!

Quick point as per Brett. I am very glad, for your sake, that you understand what a folly that would have been if anything negative of a permanent nature had befallen Brett.   :thumbup:

Speaking of flowers, the cutting I found in Winter has been planted now that it is Spring. The question remains, will it bloom? I look forward to finding out. :D

Tease

Using Carlos' middle name now B? :gikkle:

Keep an eye on the crowd. You might just catch a glimpse of one of our friends!

DC Cherry Blossoms Cam

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/dc/cherryblossoms/?cam=cherryblossoms

Yeah - I was there a week ago on a visit to DC. Almost too much pink, if you ask me..... but I did keep an eye out for CJ in Georgetown.

By the way, Carlos: You are cheating! There are no houses on Prospect Street with a view of  the1789 AND more than a single garage.....  :P

Edited by Leo C
  • Like 1

Yeah - I was there a week ago on a visit to DC. Almost too much pink, if you ask me..... but I did keep an eye out for CJ in Georgetown.

By the way, Carlos: You are cheating! There are no houses on Prospect Street with a view of  the1789 AND more than a single garage.....  :P

It's such a short lived event the pink actually makes it more memorable. The must be millions of blooms involved.

As for the house, Kitt is correct. Bloody authors are allowed poetic license. Says so in our collective bargaining agreement. Did you go by there to check out the places I wrote about?

I'm at leaast the second writer to take liberties with that house. In The Exorcist, Blatty has it right next to the stairs and disregards the courtyard and plants between them. I also made it a three story house instead of just two.

Most of my locatios are real, some are adapted and a couple are pure fiction. Danno's 'warehouse' exists and it's located right where I say, but it's just a warehouse. Rogo's next door is entirely fictional. I think there's a small office building in that location.

The house in Alexandria was fiction. The dock's real but it's shared by the townhouses around it instead of it being the sole property of one house.

Mary's place is technically there also, but I've take liberties with it also. But I put a driveway between both places and gave them garages in the back.

• Like 2

That would be Daddy Tease. I'm older!

Well Daddy .. hehe... i wouldn't have killed you if you killed off Brett.. no.. because in this world shit happens.  And, with respect to CJ staying single.. he should. Life is not filled with hearts and flowers and glittery rainbows ... not everyone lives happily ever after. People hurt each other... cheat (I know about that) and sometimes you get through it and sometimes you don't.  So I appreciate you making real people in your story C and real situations.  And if you decide to kill of a MC, then I'll stand behind your choice, but you have to make sure there's a good reason to do it.   Just sayin ... 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Well Daddy .. hehe... i wouldn't have killed you if you killed off Brett.. no.. because in this world shit happens.  And, with respect to CJ staying single.. he should. Life is not filled with hearts and flowers and glittery rainbows ... not everyone lives happily ever after. People hurt each other... cheat (I know about that) and sometimes you get through it and sometimes you don't.  So I appreciate you making real people in your story C and real situations.  And if you decide to kill of a MC, then I'll stand behind your choice, but you have to make sure there's a good reason to do it.   Just sayin ... 

You might not have killed Carlos, but he knows good and well I would have hunted him done and caused a world of hurt to reign down on his head because Brett is my favourite CJ character. So I'm being a little - or a lot dramatic - it's a birthday license (akin to bloody authors and poetic license) and seeing as how it's my birthday, I'm going to make full use of that license. :wizard:  -_-

I know this is not a fairytale we are reading - I said exactly that in a review - but there are some things that are verboten - killing off Brett is a prime example of this. If for no other reason than the melodramatic fallout would be immense and can you see Carlos writing melodrama? No? Me neither. Okay, my rant is over, carry on... :P

• Like 1

You might not have killed Carlos, but he knows good and well I would have hunted him done and caused a world of hurt to reign down on his head because Brett is my favourite CJ character. So I'm being a little - or a lot dramatic - it's a birthday license (akin to bloody authors and poetic license) and seeing as how it's my birthday, I'm going to make full use of that license. :wizard:  -_-

I know this is not a fairytale we are reading - I said exactly that in a review - but there are some things that are verboten - killing off Brett is a prime example of this. If for no other reason than the melodramatic fallout would be immense and can you see Carlos writing melodrama? No? Me neither. Okay, my rant is over, carry on... :P

Oh blah! I'm allowed my opinion! And I did say, as writers (bloody or not) you need to have good reasons to kill off characters, needs to be done right. And! And I don't read everyone's reviews and! You can rant at me anytime, all the live long day! Cuz I'm rather fond of you, so Happy bloody Birthday! :)
  • Site Moderator

Oh blah! I'm allowed my opinion! And I did say, as writers (bloody or not) you need to have good reasons to kill off characters, needs to be done right. And! And I don't read everyone's reviews and! You can rant at me anytime, all the live long day! Cuz I'm rather fond of you, so Happy bloody Birthday! :)

Hey, chill will you. You are most certainly allowed to have your own opinion and it's a very valid one too. I pointed out what I said in my review because Carlos agreed that he wasn't writing a fairytale. The same can be said for other stories he's penned for GA. In this instance, killing off a major character, ie one of CJ's dads, would be messy and weepy and full of angst. Those are places Carlos does not go in my opinion.

I personally wouldn't be happy if Brett was killed off because I really like him as a character and darn it, he just became a dad. Carlos is a big boy and he takes the teasing and jabs thrown at him and gives them right back. Yes, I was quoted your post, but Carlos reads all of the post on here so I was baiting him a bit to see what he would come back with - it's always good no matter what he comes up with. 

Next tome, I will make the direction I am taking very clear.

Hey, chill will you. You are most certainly allowed to have your own opinion and it's a very valid one too. I pointed out what I said in my review because Carlos agreed that he wasn't writing a fairytale. The same can be said for other stories he's penned for GA. In this instance, killing off a major character, ie one of CJ's dads, would be messy and weepy and full of angst. Those are places Carlos does not go in my opinion.

I personally wouldn't be happy if Brett was killed off because I really like him as a character and darn it, he just became a dad. Carlos is a big boy and he takes the teasing and jabs thrown at him and gives them right back. Yes, I was quoted your post, but Carlos reads all of the post on here so I was baiting him a bit to see what he would come back with - it's always good no matter what he comes up with. 

Next tome, I will make the direction I am taking very clear.

Oh Reader if you were here, or I was there you'd see how completely unserious I am! I rarely get upset...if I'm pissed or angry I say so, so im chilled!

I like Brett too, but sometimes you gotta do it. AC killed off two beloved characters because it was right, to keep the story honest it was right. And I loved them both, anyone who read it loved them, but it would have been unrealistic to let them live. I can't even write this without remembering how that felt. So I get you.

I think C has done a great job with this and his characters, like you I'm sure. C is a big boy, and I was just expressing my understanding with regard to making tough choices as an author sometimes. You know what people will feel, so you need to make sure the reasons for things are valid, not just for shock value. You need to write what happens after aND it needs to make sense...K I'll shut up now :)

• Site Moderator

Oh Reader if you were here, or I was there you'd see how completely unserious I am! I rarely get upset...if I'm pissed or angry I say so, so im chilled!

I like Brett too, but sometimes you gotta do it. AC killed off two beloved characters because it was right, to keep the story honest it was right. And I loved them both, anyone who read it loved them, but it would have been unrealistic to let them live. I can't even write this without remembering how that felt. So I get you.

I think C has done a great job with this and his characters, like you I'm sure. C is a big boy, and I was just expressing my understanding with regard to making tough choices as an author sometimes. You know what people will feel, so you need to make sure the reasons for things are valid, not just for shock value. You need to write what happens after aND it needs to make sense...K I'll shut up now :)

You are right, of course, but I still like my HEAs and rose coloured glasses view of the world.  I worked with patients with critical illnesses for many years which meant I've lost a lot of good friends (they were friends not patients to me) over that time. As a result, I like realistic stories but, with relatively happy endings too.  There is enough crap in the real world... Carlos has a nice balance in his stories that leaves me always wanting more. :hug:

Never mind that Carlos knows full well that I am kidding , I wouldn't so much as splash in a puddle within his range. I'm more likely to hug him to death if we were ever to meet. :yes:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

You are right, of course, but I still like my HEAs and rose coloured glasses view of the world. I worked with patients with critical illnesses for many years which meant I've lost a lot of good friends (they were friends not patients to me) over that time. As a result, I like realistic stories but, with relatively happy endings too. There is enough crap in the real world... Carlos has a nice balance in his stories that leaves me always wanting more. :hug:

Never mind that Carlos knows full well that I am kidding , I wouldn't so much as splash in a puddle within his range. I'm more likely to hug him to death if we were ever to meet. :yes:

mmm I understand. I like hea too. But it needs to be real,for me to believe. I had real in my own life, too much of it sometimes but I also got what I consider to be a HEA. No it's not perfect but it's good! Oh, I'd hug C too, hehe. Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2

Canadian hugs are very welcome around here. Sorry 1810, tim may get a longer lasting one while I try to feel him up.

We all read for different reasons. Some seek solace, some escape, and some will read anything put in front of them. Writers I think function in a similar manner. We all write for different reasons and they can change with time. CJ began during a dark period in my life, it was my way of affirming life didn't all have to be angst and sadness. I do believe in HEA eandings, it's the unicorns, floating hearts and rainbows I can't stomach. Well maybe a rainbow here and there's okay considering all the gay people in the story. :P

The one character I killed wasn't anyone readers had grown attached to so there wasn't a big push back. Hell I haven't even gotten to the point that death will make sense. There will be more death  in the future, let's see what happens then. But I promise there's a good reason behind those.

• Like 2

Bottom line is life isn't all hearts and roses, so a realistic story can't be either. Death happens. Sometimes you see it coming, but the taxi speeding around the corner comes out of the blue. Authors have the advantage of knowing WHY that person was hit by the taxi, the rest of us have to trust that an author had a good reason, and didn't just do it because he wrote a character into a corner and didn't know how to extract him.

• Like 1

Canadian hugs are very welcome around here. Sorry 1810, tim may get a longer lasting one while I try to feel him up.

We all read for different reasons. Some seek solace, some escape, and some will read anything put in front of them. Writers I think function in a similar manner. We all write for different reasons and they can change with time. CJ began during a dark period in my life, it was my way of affirming life didn't all have to be angst and sadness. I do believe in HEA eandings, it's the unicorns, floating hearts and rainbows I can't stomach. Well maybe a rainbow here and there's okay considering all the gay people in the story. :P

The one character I killed wasn't anyone readers had grown attached to so there wasn't a big push back. Hell I haven't even gotten to the point that death will make sense. There will be more death  in the future, let's see what happens then. But I promise there's a good reason behind those.

Try? There is no try! Lol!

I'll read most things, but I tire of high school and teens. Men, grown up men, that's what I like. C, your series gives me all I need!

• Like 1

***while reading this exchange, Mann wrings his hands maniacally knowing what comes in the future***

Muhahahaha....

oh just cuz you know ahead of time, no reason to tease us! Well unless you like that, of course, who am I to say no, lol

Bottom line is life isn't all hearts and roses, so a realistic story can't be either. Death happens. Sometimes you see it coming, but the taxi speeding around the corner comes out of the blue. Authors have the advantage of knowing WHY that person was hit by the taxi, the rest of us have to trust that an author had a good reason, and didn't just do it because he wrote a character into a corner and didn't know how to extract him.

:heart: blah, outta likes ...exactly you can't just kill people just you messed up.

You know some of what coming eventually but I like the fact I can still surpeise you now and then.

***while reading this exchange, Mann wrings his hands maniacally knowing what comes in the future***

Muhahahaha....

In between I&C and CJ you do have your fingers in more than a few potential deaths LOL

Try? There is no try! Lol!

I'll read most things, but I tire of high school and teens. Men, grown up men, that's what I like. C, your series gives me all I need!

Funny part about this is I don't much like teen stories either. I started out writing about a gay man with a gay son and somehow the son ended up being the center of the tale. Go figure!

You know some of what coming eventually but I like the fact I can still surpeise you now and then.

In between I&C and CJ you do have your fingers in more than a few potential deaths LOL

Funny part about this is I don't much like teen stories either. I started out writing about a gay man with a gay son and somehow the son ended up being the center of the tale. Go figure!

Well in this case it works and there's enough adults around to keep him honest. Too many stories have teens doing god knows what without an adult in sight and they talk and react like they are 45.  When I was a kid, there was shit i didnt know.. i thought I did, but I didnt and that's what many people get wrong in their teen stories.

• Like 2