Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

I'm liking the reaction to this chapter. This must be what Mann feels like when we talk about I&C. I'm thinking we can blame him for the way the chapter ended. He keeps trying to teach me how to build up the drama a bit. :D

It's kinda weird everyone's talking about the final little scene when there was so much more going on before! LOL

I know, eh? I made mention of that fact in my review, but it was such a 180 turn in events that we were stunned into only remembering that bit. Rest assured, there were a lot of other great bits before that end threw us for a loop. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

The rest of the chapter felt so irrelevant after that hahaha! This must be what all those outraged Walking Dead fans felt like after this last season finale, with the major cliffhanger that didn't bother me but seemed to piss a ton of people off. That was quite the way to start the day.

Also I gotta say Carlos, you did elude somewhat to Bernardo's character in the past, though it has been awhile so wasn't fresh in my mind. But in saying that, there's a huge difference between recognizing that he's a dude that is unfaithful to his wife and will probably come onto CJ and a fucking bottomfeeder who pulls roofies out of his pocket. Such a horrible person.

Edited by spikey582
  • Site Moderator

Okay, so here's something other than you know what that caught my attention.  

Chipper's observation of CJ's reaction when Owen's name is mentioned- he smiles. I get and totally understand that CJ is not ready for a long term commitment or even a boyfriend. Quite reasonable thinking for a 16 year old. He's still figuring out who he is and what he wants. Being tied to someone else means tailoring his needs to accommodate someone else's needs. In the long run, that doesn't sound like a good idea for his overall well being. That being said, he does like Owen and with Owen's being around for at least the next three years, while he attends law school, well a lot can happen in three years. 

• Like 1

I'm liking the reaction to this chapter. This must be what Mann feels like when we talk about I&C. I'm thinking we can blame him for the way the chapter ended. He keeps trying to teach me how to build up the drama a bit. :D

It's kinda weird everyone's talking about the final little scene when there was so much more going on before! LOL

It's kinda weird???  :rolleyes:

Yeah there is a whole lot of stuff in the rest of the chapter, like when CJ puts his foot in it with Chipper. I did like the HIV/AIDS conversation, it had that balance between uncomfortable and quite natural while chopping veggies. And of course CJ's response to everything, let's go beat someone up. At least Brett understood that that it what lawyers are for.

Okay, so here's something other than you know what that caught my attention.  

Chipper's observation of CJ's reaction when Owen's name is mentioned- he smiles. I get and totally understand that CJ is not ready for a long term commitment or even a boyfriend. Quite reasonable thinking for a 16 year old. He's still figuring out who he is and what he wants. Being tied to someone else means tailoring his needs to accommodate someone else's needs. In the long run, that doesn't sound like a good idea for his overall well being. That being said, he does like Owen and with Owen's being around for at least the next three years, while he attends law school, well a lot can happen in three years. 

This assumes that CJ actually talks to the guy. I seem to remember he cut Owen off on his return to the US. Just another Yank visiting our shores, fucking our men and then pissing off home. WWII all over again  :P

And what about Owen, if he did love CJ and had his heart broken, would he want to get involved with a childish heartless uncaring bastard who used Owen during his trip to Oz and then wrote him off? 

• Like 1

I forgot to say that JM always projected bad vibes for me. As you will have read in the reviews, the torturous taskmaster Carlos has not sent me the next chapter but I don't think JM is a knight in shining armor. 

It's kinda weird??? :rolleyes:

This assumes that CJ actually talks to the guy. I seem to remember he cut Owen off on his return to the US. Just another Yank visiting our shores, fucking our men and then pissing off home. WWII all over again :P

And what about Owen, if he did love CJ and had his heart broken, would he want to get involved with a childish heartless uncaring bastard who used Owen during his trip to Oz and then wrote him off?

You poor Aussie boys need hugs apparently :). And here I thought you were all rough and tumble, wrestling crocs and surfing with Great Whites :D (totally kidding)

I've always thought that Aussie accent was kinda hot, but sadly I'll just have to make due with the cute Latino guy I'm currently dating. :sighs:

Anyway, I did pose that question a couple weeks ago, I kinda hope there's still some friendly texts or emails going on every couple days. Owen might have to come help CJ heal after trauma Carlos is putting him through >:-O

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

It's kinda weird???  :rolleyes:

Yeah there is a whole lot of stuff in the rest of the chapter, like when CJ puts his foot in it with Chipper. I did like the HIV/AIDS conversation, it had that balance between uncomfortable and quite natural while chopping veggies. And of course CJ's response to everything, let's go beat someone up. At least Brett understood that that it what lawyers are for.

This assumes that CJ actually talks to the guy. I seem to remember he cut Owen off on his return to the US. Just another Yank visiting our shores, fucking our men and then pissing off home. WWII all over again  :P

CJ, I believe, had explained to Owen where his head was at regarding a steady relationship, so once the dust settles, I think Owen will come to his senses about pursuing CJ right now. After the disaster that was his previous relationship he latched onto CJ because being with him was what a good relationship should be. It's just unfortunate for him that CJ is so young and new to the world of relationships and sex that he's not on the same wavelength as Owen in this regard.

Maybe being friends (they will be neighbours after all) first - technically second - will set them on the relationship path or not. Time and Carlos will tell. 

• Like 2

You poor Aussie boys need hugs apparently :). And here I thought you were all rough and tumble, wrestling crocs and surfing with Great Whites :D (totally kidding)

I've always thought that Aussie accent was kinda hot, but sadly I'll just have to make due with the cute Latino guy I'm currently dating. :sighs:

Anyway, I did pose that question a couple weeks ago, I kinda hope there's still some friendly texts or emails going on every couple days. Owen might have to come help CJ heal after trauma Carlos is putting him through >:-O

Aussie men are tough but sensitive :) Rough and tumble? Absolutely. Surfing with Great Whites? Not we surf on them while eating red back spiders and wrestling crocs :P

Previous chapters seemed to suggest that Owen tried to maintain contact but CJ got pissed off that Owen was trying to keep things going. CJ certainly made it clear that he wasn't interested in a relationship with Owen and used the age difference as a prime reason. And like a true heartless bastard said it was for Owen's benefit - Owen wouldn't want to be seen dating a mere high school student while he was at Law School.

The real question is will Owen (or someone similar) be provided to help us through the trauma that Carlos is putting us through? Oh I see you already have a cute Latino guy :sigh:

• Like 2

CJ, I believe, had explained to Owen where his head was at regarding a steady relationship, so once the dust settles, I think Owen will come to his senses about pursuing CJ right now. After the disaster that was his previous relationship he latched onto CJ because being with him was what a good relationship should be. It's just unfortunate for him that CJ is so young and new to the world of relationships and sex that he's not on the same wavelength as Owen in this regard.

Maybe being friends (they will be neighbours after all) first - technically second - will set them on the relationship path or not. Time and Carlos will tell. 

Hmmpphhh... Of course you would take CJ's side :P

CJ did the explaination after he stole Owen's heart... Just saying...

• Like 1

Aussie men are tough but sensitive :) Rough and tumble? Absolutely. Surfing with Great Whites? Not we surf on them while eating red back spiders and wrestling crocs :P

Previous chapters seemed to suggest that Owen tried to maintain contact but CJ got pissed off that Owen was trying to keep things going. CJ certainly made it clear that he wasn't interested in a relationship with Owen and used the age difference as a prime reason. And like a true heartless bastard said it was for Owen's benefit - Owen wouldn't want to be seen dating a mere high school student while he was at Law School.

The real question is will Owen (or someone similar) be provided to help us through the trauma that Carlos is putting us through? Oh I see you already have a cute Latino guy :sigh:

That was as the funniest thing I've read in awhile, I needed that laugh, thank you. Of course you gotta be tough to live in Australia, I'm mean literally everything is trying to kill you all the time :D

In CJ's defense he was trying to be level headed, and not commit to a long distance relationship with a guy he'd only known a short time, though those two do seem perfect together.

Good call on the trauma we're being put through, Carlos is just heartless. It's official he needs to provide comfort companions for everybody! :D

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hmmpphhh... Of course you would take CJ's side :P

CJ did the explaination after he stole Owen's heart... Just saying...

Hey, I'm just trying to apply some logic to the situation. And sometimes, as the saying goes, you have to be cruel to being kind. :P

I think Owen was just getting ahead of himself because of his past experience. I do believe he will settle down and see the light, so to speak, regarding his "relationship" with CJ. Where it will ultimately go...well you know the rest. :)

PS: I do like Owen I think he is just too much for CJ to handle at this time on his life. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Hey, I'm just trying to apply some logic to the situation. And sometimes, as the saying goes, you have to be cruel to being kind. :P

I think Owen was just getting ahead of himself because of his past experience. I do believe he will settle down and see the light, so to speak, regarding his "relationship" with CC. Where it will ultimately go...well you know the rest. :)

PS: I do like Owen I think he is just too much for CJ to handle at this time on his life. 

As if we want to apply logic to the situation  :rolleyes:

The sad fact is CJ will be a lonely bitter old man, after Brett runs off with Harley, Cesar will be single and available for Owen who will be just next door. Owen tried the younger model in Oz and now gets the real thing in Washington. Hot shot young lawyer and a senior member of EY, Washington power couple in the making  :P

Edit: there should be a slight disclaimer here, Carlos rejected my bionic man story line and seems to "have his own ideas" about where the story should go. Bloody authors...

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

As if we want to apply logic to the situation  :rolleyes:

The sad fact is CJ will be a lonely bitter old man, after Brett runs off with Harley, Cesar will be single and available for Owen who will be just next door. Owen tried the younger model in Oz and now gets the real thing in Washington. Hot shot young lawyer and a senior member of EY, Washington power couple in the making  :P

Edit: there should be a slight disclaimer here, Carlos rejected my bionic man story line and seems to "have his own ideas" about where the story should go. Bloody authors...

I think I read about this occurring in an alternate universe or something.  :P I just wonder with that much imagination B, why aren't you red too? 

• Like 1

I think I read about this occurring in an alternate universe or something.  :P I just wonder with that much imagination B, why aren't you red too? 

Two reasons I'm green - I can write a paragraph but beyond that its not readable and second I don't think Carlos would appreciate me altering his universe.

Real reason - too much Star Trek as a boy - red shirts always die

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Two reasons I'm green - I can write a paragraph but beyond that its not readable and second I don't think Carlos would appreciate me altering his universe.

Real reason - too much Star Trek as a boy - red shirts always die

Green is definitely an excellent colour.  ;)

As for the other part, I am with you there. I surprise myself with some of the things I come up with, but a full-fledged story is beyond me. Besides, I am a bookworm and bookworms don't write, we read.  :lol:

As for the red shirts always dying, I always looked at it as the guy or gal - you know, the one we had never seen on a mission before - was the one who's time it was to die. :unsure:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Damn! I can't believe nobody figured out what comes next! I'm hoping the next chapter doesn't get me terrorized by a mob of angry GA members.

And I can't believe I slept past 8am today, I missed all the fun!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Damn! I can't believe nobody figured out what comes next! I'm hoping the next chapter doesn't get me terrorized by a mob of angry GA members.

And I can't believe I slept past 8am today, I missed all the fun!

It's your birthday so you should be sleeping in. Either that or you're just getting older... :P

Happy Birthday Carlos!!

• Like 3

It's your birthday so you should be sleeping in. Either that or you're just getting older... :P

Happy Birthday Carlos!!

Oh, I got older a long time ago!

My neighbor threw an improptu tiny surprise party for me, I spent the day dealing with my dad and with mom's rapid decline due to Alzheimers, And I was still celebrating 4:20 late last night. Not used to this much excitement!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Oh, I got older a long time ago!

My neighbor threw an improptu tiny surprise party for me, I spent the day dealing with my dad and with mom's rapid decline due to Alzheimers, And I was still celebrating 4:20 late last night. Not used to this much excitement!

4:20 a.m.?!? Well that explains it then doesn't it? You can't be too old if you can stay up that late and party! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mom. One of my aunts had Alzheimer's - it's awful thing for all involved. :hug: 

• Like 1

4:20 a.m.?!? Well that explains it then doesn't it? You can't be too old if you can stay up that late and party! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mom. One of my aunts had Alzheimer's - it's awful thing for all involved. :hug:

I actually woke up before 4:00 a.m, tinkled, and went back to sleep. I'm taking it easy today but not ure I'll get much written even if that's what I really want to do.

Mom's been declining for a long time, having to move them to a facility has definitely accelerated the proces but there was no other choice.

I actually woke up before 4:00 a.m, tinkled, and went back to sleep. I'm taking it easy today but not ure I'll get much written even if that's what I really want to do.

Mom's been declining for a long time, having to move them to a facility has definitely accelerated the proces but there was no other choice.

Extra hugs..  :hug:  :hug:

At some point today I'm going to need a bottle of wine.. Yes a bottle. I'm also going to conveniently use your birthday as an excuse to drink it up.. I'm only half kidding, but know I'll raise a glass in celebration of you.. Happy birthday my friend..  :heart:

• Like 1

Extra hugs..  :hug:  :hug:

At some point today I'm going to need a bottle of wine.. Yes a bottle. I'm also going to conveniently use your birthday as an excuse to drink it up.. I'm only half kidding, but know I'll raise a glass in celebration of you.. Happy birthday my friend..  :heart:

Thank you! Feel free to start on the wine, it's five o'clock somewhere...

• Like 1