Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Kitt's not that far ahead reading, so she's still in the dark for the most part, although I think she's kinda figured out how my twisted mind works. I did tell her I was introducing a few female characters in this book, Hilary is one of those. Her existance has been peripheral up to this poing so there was no need to name her before now. Since she and Tom will be talking in person sometime soon...

Martha Washington?!?  :huh:  :rolleyes:  :rofl:

Oooops, brain fart there! Thanks, 1810!

• Like 1

I think it might be time for Brad and Patrick to move to DC maybe Mom too. Paddy needs to get away from all the stuff circulating around him. He could benefit from the influence and love of his Dad and JP not to mention CJ and company.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I think it might be time for Brad and Patrick to move to DC maybe Mom too. Paddy needs to get away from all the stuff circulating around him. He could benefit from the influence and love of his Dad and JP not to mention CJ and company.

That's the theory I'm postulating because current storyline happenings seem to be pointing in that direction, IMO.

I figure to that with Martha Edwards assistance, a school could be found for Patrick where he won't have issues like he has in his current environment, 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

When I was writing the review this morning at 7am mind you.. I thought I was overreacting to Mom's punishment. (It might have been a mini rant. Sorry?) After reading the comments, maybe not so much.. Spikey and Kitt make a point though, and maybe I wont think so badly after we know what's actually going on. Also happy that we want Patrick in DC.. Listen to your readers Carlos.. We never steer you wrong, even if we don't steer you at all.. 

• Like 2

That's the theory I'm postulating because current storyline happenings seem to be pointing in that direction, IMO.

I figure to that with Martha Edwards assistance, a school could be found for Patrick where he won't have issues like he has in his current environment, 

When I was writing the review this morning at 7am mind you.. I thought I was overreacting to Mom's punishment. (It might have been a mini rant. Sorry?) After reading the comments, maybe not so much.. Spikey and Kitt make a point though, and maybe I wont think so badly after we know what's actually going on. Also happy that we want Patrick in DC.. Listen to your readers Carlos.. We never steer you wrong, even if we don't steer you at all.. 

I hope whatever reader is steering at any point didn't have a lot to drink beforehand. We could get lost along the way.

Who cares about how all the characters feel, I'd have a tough time dealing with 6 teen boys. Hell the four I write about regularly is hard enough.

One thing I forgot to address before: the nighttime Pillow Talks between Brett and Cesar will return. Summer and Autumn were both written from several points of view but Winter was entirely from CJ's. It was an experiment for me. Trying to prove I could still tell a story well but through the eyes of only one character. Although Spring's mostly still CJ's POV, I'm not restricting myself any more.

• Like 3

One thing I forgot to address before: the nighttime Pillow Talks between Brett and Cesar will return. Summer and Autumn were both written from several points of view but Winter was entirely from CJ's. It was an experiment for me. Trying to prove I could still tell a story well but through the eyes of only one character. Although Spring's mostly still CJ's POV, I'm not restricting myself any more.

I never noticed that before. I remember all the viewpoints, especially in Autumn, and somehow I never realized we only saw CJs in Winter. Perhaps it was partially because Winter was so much shorter than the other two, and also reading as you update I don't pay as close of attention to details like that.

All things considered I have a feeling we'll have to see some other viewpoints soon for certain things coming up.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I forgot to mention this in my review but Def's response reminded me - Danno offering Harley a job is a nice touch. I can see this popping up, even briefly, later in the story. 

• Like 2

I forgot to mention this in my review but Def's response reminded me - Danno offering Harley a job is a nice touch. I can see this popping up, even briefly, later in the story. 

It's motor mouth Harley, I think it will pop up more than briefly.. I say that in the sweetest way possible... 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

It's motor mouth Harley, I think it will pop up more than briefly.. I say that in the sweetest way possible... 

I hear you on that Def. I definitely see this as something positive for Harley. Both the job and Danno's mentoring. I'm thinking we should be getting some chuckles out of it too - in the sweetest way possible, of course.... :P

I forgot to mention this in my review but Def's response reminded me - Danno offering Harley a job is a nice touch. I can see this popping up, even briefly, later in the story.ve

I have no advance knowledge on this one, but Carlos doesn't toss things randomly. If Dano gave Harley a job there is a reason for it.

I forgot to mention this in my review but Def's response reminded me - Danno offering Harley a job is a nice touch. I can see this popping up, even briefly, later in the story.ve

I have no advance knowledge on this one, but Carlos doesn't toss things randomly. If Dano gave Harley a job there is a reason for it.

• Like 3

Wow, didn't I miss a few comments, all caught up now

Man, this was like getting to the party after the cake was served... Sometimes work just gets in the way of a great discussion.... :/

:o Stop it! I don't care how logical it is, there is no one, I can imagine being dead right now except for tertiary players.  And what's wrong with unicorns and floating rainbows!

That's just not right! 

Apparently there is something wrong with unicorns. They exist, well existed, were ugly and didn't fart glitter. See you find out the reality and all the dreams are destroyed :(

I hear you on that Def. I definitely see this as something positive for Harley. Both the job and Danno's mentoring. I'm thinking we should be getting some chuckles out of it too - in the sweetest way possible, of course.... :P

These comments made me laugh. Harley certainly can talk!

I agree with Kitt, based on Carlos' past behaviour and the fact we know he has that humongous spreadsheet, the job will play some part in the future.

How embarressing! I didn't even realize that they were missing from Winter. And just so you all know what a gentlemen Carlos is, he didn't say a thing when my beta comments kept mentioning "oh B&C will have discussed that in bed"

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Apparently there is something wrong with unicorns. They exist, well existed, were ugly and didn't fart glitter. See you find out the reality and all the dreams are destroyed :(

I agree with Kitt, based on Carlos' past behaviour and the fact we know he has that humongous spreadsheet, the job will play some part in the future.

How embarressing! I didn't even realize that they were missing from Winter. And just so you all know what a gentlemen Carlos is, he didn't say a thing when my beta comments kept mentioning "oh B&C will have discussed that in bed"

But there was pillow talk in Winter - it just wasn't B&C doing the talking. :P

• Like 2

I never noticed that before. I remember all the viewpoints, especially in Autumn, and somehow I never realized we only saw CJs in Winter. Perhaps it was partially because Winter was so much shorter than the other two, and also reading as you update I don't pay as close of attention to details like that.

All things considered I have a feeling we'll have to see some other viewpoints soon for certain things coming up.

Well that's good to hear. If the casual reader didn't notice, it means I was able to carry the story through using only CJ. I will point out Winter did have pillow talks and those were not CJ's POV. But there was no shifting of POV from scene to scene otherwise. And you're correct, I do need a few shifts again, otherwise we'd end up with a lot of narration or people recounting what transpired. I try to 'show' instead of 'telling' as much as possible.

• Like 2

My issue with unicorns is the lack of glitter farts. Felt the same way when I found out the Easter Bunny didn't poop jelly beans!

And once again, there were pillow talks in Winter. My apologies for suggesting it was only written from CJ's POV. I guess I consider those nightly chats as something outside the main story even if they're related to each other.

• Like 1

My issue with unicorns is the lack of glitter farts. Felt the same way when I found out the Easter Bunny didn't poop jelly beans!

And once again, there were pillow talks in Winter. My apologies for suggesting it was only written from CJ's POV. I guess I consider those nightly chats as something outside the main story even if they're related to each other.

Reality sucks sometimes. Quite frankly I'm impressed that they are real, even if they had very good (misleading) press.

The nightly chats work in the story because they are exactly what people do before going to bed, that quick recap. We do it in real life for the same reason you put it in your stories. It works.

• Like 3

Reality sucks sometimes. Quite frankly I'm impressed that they are real, even if they had very good (misleading) press.

The nightly chats work in the story because they are exactly what people do before going to bed, that quick recap. We do it in real life for the same reason you put it in your stories. It works.

LOL  Blaming the media?

I keep trying to make the situations as realistic as possible (hence the no unicorns). Taken all together the story may be a bit too much, but I've tried to keep the individual portions as close as possible to reality

I had like a full on visceral reaction, there was out loud cursing and everything. i think this hit me way harder than CJ getting arrested or even Brett's crash.

.. Me too Spikey, me too.... Even after a second read.. 

All I'm doing to say about the end of chapter 4 is WTF.

I think we all had our heads explode today! 

I have NOT been hiding. LOL

Spent the day with my dad and one of my brothers. I did check on GA with my phone a couple of times and the idea of going away for a few days did cross my mind. :yes:

Can I blame this one on Mann? Or maybe Kitt? I know! The devil made me do it! Nah, I don't believe in the devil.

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised by the reaction--I'll get to the reviews soon--but that's probably because I had these events outlined from the beginning. The way they unfold is different but it's been in my head from the start. This chapter and the resolution which takes place in the next one were tough to write. I wanted it to be a surprise but still be believeable so it was re-written a gazillion times. In my mind and on the computer.

• Site Moderator

I have NOT been hiding. LOL

Spent the day with my dad and one of my brothers. I did check on GA with my phone a couple of times and the idea of going away for a few days did cross my mind. :yes:

Can I blame this one on Mann? Or maybe Kitt? I know! The devil made me do it! Nah, I don't believe in the devil.

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised by the reaction--I'll get to the reviews soon--but that's probably because I had these events outlined from the beginning. The way they unfold is different but it's been in my head from the start. This chapter and the resolution which takes place in the next one were tough to write. I wanted it to be a surprise but still be believeable so it was re-written a gazillion times. In my mind and on the computer.

It certainly was a shocker of an ending, but I'm pretty sure Jose is going to step up and do the right thing. How it all unfolds remains to be seen. Will CJ be traumatized by this turn of events or will he be beyond pissed and spoiling for a fight? My money is on the latter. Jose's actions (his intervention is what I am referring to here) like maybe kicking his cousin to the curb ASAP would prevent an ugly outcome.

No no matter what happens, if Barnardo was smart, he'd start running right now because when the dads' and the Elites get wind of this, and they will, the shitzu is going to hit the fan in the most spectacular fashion imaginable. 

• Like 1

It certainly was a shocker of an ending, but I'm pretty sure Jose is going to step up and do the right thing. How it all unfolds remains to be seen. Will CJ be traumatized by this turn of events or will he be beyond pissed and spoiling for a fight? My money is on the latter. Jose's actions (his intervention is what I am referring to here) like maybe kicking his cousin to the curb ASAP would prevent an ugly outcome.

No no matter what happens, if Barnardo was smart, he'd start running right now because when the dads' and the Elites get wind of this, and they will, the shitzu is going to hit the fan in the most spectacular fashion imaginable. 

I'm liking the reaction to this chapter. This must be what Mann feels like when we talk about I&C. I'm thinking we can blame him for the way the chapter ended. He keeps trying to teach me how to build up the drama a bit. :D

It's kinda weird everyone's talking about the final little scene when there was so much more going on before! LOL