Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Is it okay to whine? :huh: And no, not wine :rolleyes: ... whine, as in pleeeeeeeeeeeze, sir, can we have some more?

I don't know. Mark's been pretty clear (through the irritation of many of his characters) about his attitude towards whining. :unsure:

• Like 3

Is it okay to whine? :huh: And no, not wine :rolleyes: ... whine, as in pleeeeeeeeeeeze, sir, can we have some more?

I think you can get away with it if you don't sound whiney, just be polite.

Mark, we miss you and your story. Please sir, may we have some more?

• Like 2

We admire and revere Mark Arbour.

But his non-action is quite macabre

Black Widow and Grainger

Are now in grave danger.

And no longer have a safe harbour

(With apologies to all the poets out there!)

Could be in the signature of CAP-addicts like me <3. I hope Mark is well and will surprise us with very many new chapters soon.

• Like 2

I just feel bad for those boys stuck in an elevator with no bathroom. Each time I think of a new chapter, I remember Brad and Stefan, stuck in an elevator - I looked up this blackout, I can't believe I forgot all about that.

It would have been summer after freshman year for me so I was either in Boston or Chicago, which appear to be the major cities surrounding but uneffected by the blackout. Good luck, me.

• Like 1

Here we go again. I think most of us resort to humour to disguise worry. I notice that Mark has not been online since January 1, and hasn't mentioned a hiatus. Westie, Methodwriter...should we be concerned...yet again?

Edited by Coastguard
  • Like 1

January 1 was when he last posted a chapter. This is pretty typical for Mark when he's busy. He's not usually online unless he's posting a chapter or responding to reviews.

In the interim, I've kept myself busy rereading everything since Bloodlines. Between that and my shiny (and stylish!) new tinfoil outfit, I feel a lot better prepared for the shitstorm that's coming. :ph34r:

Btw, has anyone noticed that Black Widow doesn't appear in the list of CAP stories? They're all listed in chronological order until Streak, then The Land Whore appears a second time. Is this part of the conspiracy? :unsure2:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

January 1 was when he last posted a chapter. This is pretty typical for Mark when he's busy. He's not usually online unless he's posting a chapter or responding to reviews.

In the interim, I've kept myself busy rereading everything since Bloodlines. Between that and my shiny (and stylish!) new tinfoil outfit, I feel a lot better prepared for the shitstorm that's coming. :ph34r:

Btw, has anyone noticed that Black Widow doesn't appear in the list of CAP stories? They're all listed in chronological order until Streak, then The Land Whore appears a second time. Is this part of the conspiracy? :unsure2:

Huh? WTF! I knew it... international espionage... maybe he's being held prisoner, and someone is slowly erasing all proof of his existence... now, where's my shiny suit? :unsure: .... Damn...I have to stop watching the X Files :huh:

• Like 2

Get stronger tin foil.

It's listed in alphabetical order :)

The stories are in alphabetical order when all of them (CAP, Bridgemont, miscellaneous stuff) are listed. But, if you click on the CAP link, the 16 CAP stories are listed chronologically (1-16), except for BW which is weirdly replaced with a second listing of TLW.

• Like 1

The stories are in alphabetical order when all of them (CAP, Bridgemont, miscellaneous stuff) are listed. But, if you click on the CAP link, the 16 CAP stories are listed chronologically (1-16), except for BW which is weirdly replaced with a second listing of TLW.

Mark adds the story to the chronological list of CAP on completion of each book.

• Like 1

Mark adds the story to the chronological list of CAP on completion of each book.

No, he adds the eBook on completion of each book. BW is tagged as CAP16. Besides, Valiant appears as the last book in the Bridgemont series. And there is no reason for TLW to be listed twice.

Does anyone else see this, btw? Am I going crazy? It's really messing with my OCD nature. :unsure:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

No, he adds the eBook on completion of each book. BW is tagged as CAP16. Besides, Valiant appears as the last book in the Bridgemont series. And there is no reason for TLW to be listed twice.

Does anyone else see this, btw? Am I going crazy? It's really messing with my OCD nature. :unsure:

Maybe I could reproduce the way you see it: first page displays the books of CAP series chronological, when I go to the second page, The land whore appears there. When I then go back to the first page, the books are listed alphabetical. 

Edited by glitteryantlers
  • Like 3

Maybe I could reproduce the way you see it: first page displays the books of CAP series chronological, when I go to the second page, The land whore appears there. When I then go back to the first page, the books are listed alphabetical.

Hey, I think you figured it out. When you first click on the CAP link, the stories are chronological. BW is on page 2, only you can't see it. When you go to page 2, they reorder alphabetically, so TLW ends up on page 2, and it looks like BW isn't on the list and TLW is on twice. What a weird glitch. :huh:

Thanks! I feel a lot better now. :hug:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

When I began reading this series, I thought, "3 million words? Ha! That is plenty to read!" I thought it would be a while before I reached the latest book and chapter. But I got so sucked into the first story, that before I knew it I was done with it. Realizing how quickly I could go through these books, I decided to slow down... to savor each book, chapter, and word. :)

Alas, even doing that, I am now on Millennium and I can expect to soon reach Black Widow. So in preparation for that day I run out of chapters to read, what ways can y'all suggest so I can cope :P

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..