The Drop in Centre

7 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My only alternate use for pickle juice is to substitute it for the white vinegar normally used in deviled eggs.

My alternate for pickle juice is to empty it down the drain! 

The only pickles I like are sweet gherkins. Dill anything I just don't like.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My only alternate use for pickle juice is to substitute it for the white vinegar normally used in deviled eggs.

My husband uses it in his bloody mary mix.

Admittedly, he makes a mean and delicious bloody mary.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Sherye said:

Yes!

Not a fan of pickles, though. Our dog loves her veggies more than I do. It's funny because she doesn't like meat. But she loves her veggies. She's probably the only vegetarian dog I know of. 😅

• Haha 3
Just now, Solus Magus said:

Not a fan of pickles, though. Our dog loves her veggies more than I do. It's funny because she doesn't like meat. But she loves her veggies. She's probably the only vegetarian dog I know of. 😅

My step daughter in law is a vegan and when she has animals, then she will only feed them vegan food!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Sherye said:

My step daughter in law is a vegan and when she has animals, then she will only feed them vegan food!

On the upside, they'll live longer. Our dog's lifespan is supposed to be 11 or 12yo at most. She reached up to 14. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, kbois said:

..... I realized the guy was wearing Batman pajamas, complete with cape! Only in 2020 can this be completely normal. 

Either he was bound and determined to get some use out of his Halloween costume, or he was getting ready to go to Wal Mart. 🤣 My vote is on Wal Mart.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Sherye said:

Ok, I have had my glass of pickle juice, my glass of strong tea, and now I have the jitters! Geeze! What can I do for the jitters now? 

Shot of whisky would probably do the trick.  On second thought, make it two shots just to be sure. 😉

• Love 2
Just now, spyke said:

Shot of whisky would probably do the trick.  On second thought, make it two shots just to be sure. 😉

The only problem with that is I am a alcoholic and stopped drinking 15 years ago and not going to start again cause I get violent when I drink and I am a weakling! lol

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, spyke said:

Either he was bound and determined to get some use out of his Halloween costume, or he was getting ready to go to Wal Mart. 🤣 My vote is on Wal Mart.

Walmart makes perfect sense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, spyke said:

NOW you're speaking my language. Damn the pickle juice and pass the whiskey!🥃

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, spyke said:

Wow, call me a big baby but I can't remember the last time I drank anything with alcohol in it. I vowed to stop after the last time I fell from my friend's terrace because I was too drunk. Who knows what will happen next if I keep at it? 

But yeah, whiskey is great. I...miss it.

• Wow 3
11 minutes ago, Sherye said:

The only problem with that is I am a alcoholic and stopped drinking 15 years ago and not going to start again cause I get violent when I drink and I am a weakling! lol

Be proud of yourself. Not an easy accomplishment and it shows that you're strong, not a weakling. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Be proud of yourself. Not an easy accomplishment and it shows that you're strong, not a weakling. 

I am not a weakling cause of my ability to stop drinking. I am a weakling due to the fact that when I get violent then the other person will get violent and I get scared of getting hurt physically if someone is going to physically hurt me. I am a delicate woman! And that makes be a weakling! I am strong willed but still a weakling physically!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Good morning. It's coffee time here in California. I hope it's a great day for you all.

Coffee time is one of the best times of the day. Have a good one!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

coffee time with Number One Son was good. then Phil woke up in pain he couldn't move his arm. after x-rays, & blood work his gout is back. thank heavens for walk in clinics.

Especially on a Sunday....I hope Phil starts feeling better and I'm glad they figured out what was wrong so quickly. My husband gets weird symptoms and every doctor he sees can never figure out what is wrong. Tremors...nope, not neurological, neither was the year of headaches and dizziness. Chest pain...nope heart is fine. Can't breathe...well that's just ongoing asthma. 

It gets frustrating. We've signed up for insurance thru his work again, but the deductibles are so high, it's still really expensive to go through a bunch of tests and then be told everything is fine. Been there, done that. 

Done ranting....hope everyone has a good afternoon!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I love this group. Everyone is sooooo nice and sweet! I feel like I am a part of the family here! I can be myself on here. Well, maybe not be myself TOTALLY, but I can be myself better here than I can with my immediate family. Speaking of immediate family. I have a short funny story to tell you.

My sister and I was out geocaching and trying to find hidden containers with stuff (called swag) in there unless it was micro but every container has a piece of paper called a log and you can sign your geocache name on it with the date you found it (unless you did not find it and then you put DNF -Did Not Find). Anyway, We were driving down the backroads and my sister said, "What the f***?" She turned around and went back and lo and behold, there was a bra and panties stuck in a tree. She hid a container in that tree and put it on the geocache site with the name, We In Redneck Country Now! We went aways down the road after that and there were clothes scattered in trees everywhere. My sister said, "I bet it was a man that did that out of jealousy or was very mad at the woman for something!"

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, Sherye said:

I love this group. Everyone is sooooo nice and sweet! I feel like I am a part of the family here! I can be myself on here. Well, maybe not be myself TOTALLY, but I can be myself better here than I can with my immediate family. Speaking of immediate family. I have a short funny story to tell you.

My sister and I was out geocaching and trying to find hidden containers with stuff (called swag) in there unless it was micro but every container has a piece of paper called a log and you can sign your geocache name on it with the date you found it (unless you did not find it and then you put DNF -Did Not Find). Anyway, We were driving down the backroads and my sister said, "What the f***?" She turned around and went back and lo and behold, there was a bra and panties stuck in a tree. She hid a container in that tree and put it on the geocache site with the name, We In Redneck Country Now! We went aways down the road after that and there were clothes scattered in trees everywhere. My sister said, "I bet it was a man that did that out of jealousy or was very mad at the woman for something!"

Here in NC it's usually the woman and they just fling the clothes onto the front lawn for the whole world to see. Normally indicates that someone got caught with their pants down and they weren't using the restroom.  Better yet if you live in a 2 story house and it's a breezy day. Those clothes can really travel!  LOL

Edited by spyke
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..