The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Little Man is home -- we picked up his ashes this afternoon. 😢  Have them in the Barristers case my altar sits atop. They included a "lock" of his hair too. Nice 'mahogany' case w. a felt bottom.

So sorry for your loss! I know how it feels to lose a pet that is a member of your family that you love as your own child! RIP Little Man! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I’ve done that. Gone out for something specific that I really, really wanted, and ended up forgetting that item while buying other stuff that hadn’t been on my list. 

I chalk it up to just being weird, and having a short term memory that short circuits more often than I’d like. 

Been there, Done that! It happens a lot to me.

• Like 3

Good morning all!

Did you ever wake up and just felt like something was going to happen (and not in a good way?) I've been antsy since I woke up and can't figure out why. It's probably lack of sleep, but I  just can't shake this weird feeling that shit is about to hit the fan. 

Hope everyone else has a good day. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, kbois said:

Good morning all!

Did you ever wake up and just felt like something was going to happen (and not in a good way?) I've been antsy since I woke up and can't figure out why. It's probably lack of sleep, but I  just can't shake this weird feeling that shit is about to hit the fan. 

Hope everyone else has a good day. 

Yep.  For me it generally relates to something that will happen to someone else, not me.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning DiCers! 

Question: Am I the only one who thinks this squirrel’s mama mated with an opussum? :unsure: 

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/11/people-toronto-spotting-black-and-white-squirrel/

Looks like there's a little bit of ferret thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for sharing Reader. I needed a little  bit of cuteness. Been one of those days.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Sherye said:

I need to get younger instead of older! I went to Walmart today to get a few things, took everything and put it in the trunk of my car, remembered I forgot furniture polish, went back in and got that and a couple of more things, then got home and put everything up and remembered I did not get kleenex. I even wrote everything in the note section of my phone but never looked at it! I am getting SO senile!

If you are then i am too ... we had a list, went to the store, came home without cream or honey.  Michael will go back tomorrow.  Note to self.. make a list, and glance at it now and again. .. LOL . 

Edited by Mikiesboy
Further note to self... new glasses may help you.
  • Haha 5

So my knitting saga continues....   currently i am finishing off the  9 blocks i need for Peter's pillow.  Then i decided i want to knit some of Arne and Carlos' Christmas Balls ... however that means getting my head around 5 double pointed needles.  I've been practicing on four but to knit the Balls i need 5 ... so after a few false starts, questions, watching youtube, and finding help in How to Knit in the Round for Dummies it finally made sense. Here is today's practice session so far ( on the far left).  I need to add another colour so I'll practice that:

2020-11-20.pngWhat i want to make: image.jpeg.67691502085242f244091b32f6e2b0b0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

So my knitting saga continues....   currently i am finishing off the  9 blocks i need for Peter's pillow.  Then i decided i want to knit some of Arne and Carlos' Christmas Balls ... however that means getting my head around 5 double pointed needles.  I've been practicing on four but to knit the Balls i need 5 ... so after a few false starts, questions, watching youtube, and finding help in How to Knit in the Round for Dummies it finally made sense. Here is today's practice session so far ( on the far left).  I need to add another colour so I'll practice that:

2020-11-20.pngWhat i want to make: image.jpeg.67691502085242f244091b32f6e2b0b0.jpeg

Those are so cute tim!

Those needles however...I would probably poke an eye out if I tried to do that. 

Enjoy your knitting!

• Haha 5

@Mikiesboy you can get little rubber end caps for the needles. Helps to keep things from falling off the second your concentration is broken. Also when you are not actively knitting. I have a big plastic bowl my projects live in. I walk away and come back to dropped stitches, when no one has been within 10' of the bowl!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you are then i am too ... we had a list, went to the store, came home without cream or honey.  Michael will go back tomorrow.  Note to self.. make a list, and glance at it now and again. .. LOL . 

Good to know I’m not the only one who has done this. Having said that, I looked over the list two to three times while shopping, and still forgot to buy chicken. :P 

Now for another bit of cuteness added to our day. I opened the back gate earlier today, and what did I see but a fox standing on the neighbour’s driveway. What a gorgeous creature it was, though shy, because it ran away immediately. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know I’m not the only one who has done this. Having said that, I looked over the list two to three times while shopping, and still forgot to buy chicken. :P 

Apparently we're twins separated at birth because I do this all the time.  LOL

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, spyke said:

Nope. I am the twin ( also 60 )  

Reader is our younger sister!

Mother told us not to teach her bad habits but...

Edited by Kitt
  • Haha 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this - they’re lovely. I’m sure, with practice, yours will turn out great, tim. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

53 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

48 minutes ago, spyke said:

42 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Nope. I am the twin ( also 60 )  

Reader is our younger sister!

Mother told us not to teach her bad habits but...

I hold a PhD in forgetfulness and can teach an advanced level course. 

If only I could remember where my reading glasses are? 🤔

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Top of your head

🤣🤣🤣

I once panicked because I couldn't find my phone. I was nearly in tears. My friend found it. She was laughing hysterically....from the other end of the phone that I was holding in my hand up against my ear!   She let me panic for a good two minutes before she broke down. I will never live that one down!

• Haha 4

Don't know if I am tired, bored, or just disgusted with life in general today! I love to read. it is my favorite pastime but for some reason I can not get my head to focus today. I am tired of drinking tea to keep me awake or laying down for a nap. If it persists, it may drive me to drink! Just kidding on the drinking part but not the part of drinking tea. I wish I had a pick me up to make me focus and energetic! Oh wait a minute, I have banana pudding in the fridge! I am going to go eat something sweet! I love to eat sweets no matter WHAT it is! lol

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..