The Drop in Centre

9 hours ago, Sherye said:

I want your opinion on what I sometimes do for the fun of it! I paint rocks!

IMG_20180508_145048.jpg

i like painted rocks...we got a couple as gifts one year, i enjoy them each day.

• Love 5

@Sherye Your painted rocks are cute. The Nemo one reminds me of my oldest son. For his 5th birthday we had a small party (maybe 10 kids) at the theater and Nemo was the movie we saw. I used to make my kid's birthday cakes and I drew Nemo on his that year. I remember thinking it was weird that one fin was tiny. After we saw the movie I knew why. It's still the best kid's movie ever. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Now if only I could convince the rest of them...

I think you meant 'train the rest of them'.

Your horses are probably more capable of being trained than the staff at that office. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I think you meant 'train the rest of them'.

Your horses are probably more capable of being trained than the staff at that office. 

It's a tough order to try and "train" people in respect and courtesy. Either they have it or they don't. A good while back at my regular doctors office, I was waiting when a lady came in asking to see the doctor. She had fallen and hit the back of her head and there was a good deal of blood present.  When she turned away from the receptionist, the receptionist saw what had happened and jumped up and came running to the waiting room. They got the lady into the back and then a few minutes later, the nurse came out to apologize to me about the wait. I told her that there was no apology needed and to go help the lady. A few minutes after that, my doctor passed by and waved at me and mouthed "I'm sorry for the delay."  When I did get back everyone kept apologizing for making me wait and I kept telling them that it was OK and they didn't need to apologize because the lady needed their immediate help and I was fine.  That's the difference right there. It couldn't be more clear.  My regular doctor and his staff are amazing and I'm lucky to have found them. That's the level of treatment and respect that everyone deserves. 

Edited by spyke
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, kbois said:

@Sherye Your painted rocks are cute. The Nemo one reminds me of my oldest son. For his 5th birthday we had a small party (maybe 10 kids) at the theater and Nemo was the movie we saw. I used to make my kid's birthday cakes and I drew Nemo on his that year. I remember thinking it was weird that one fin was tiny. After we saw the movie I knew why. It's still the best kid's movie ever. 

Thank you @kbois

• Like 4

My sister and I are going to my brother's house this year for Thanksgiving and we all wear masks. It will be good to spend a day with my brother for a change on a holiday instead of my nephew's in laws. I love his in laws and they think of me as family but I very seldom see my brother.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, Sherye said:

My sister and I are going to my brother's house this year for Thanksgiving and we all wear masks. It will be good to spend a day with my brother for a change on a holiday instead of my nephew's in laws. I love his in laws and they think of me as family but I very seldom see my brother.

Enjoy your holiday Sherye. :) 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..