The Drop in Centre

Well, I had some good news yesterday. My sister finally after a year sold her house. She wants to retire. So when her house sold this week, she put in  her notice for retirement for March. She will be moving down to where her son and daughter in law lives. She already got an apartment there and they will be starting to move all her stuff on Saturday, well, some of her stuff cause she still has to live there for another week to sleep. Don't know why she just doesn't just go ahead and move it all this weekend and just stay in a motel room for the rest of the week till after Thanksgiving. She will be working from her apartment when she moves in since the refinery she works for is making everyone work from home now. I am happy for her. Even though I will not see her all the time. Will miss that. Wish I had a good car now to go see her when I want to to travel 1 hr and a half to the town she will be moving to.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Sherye said:

Wish I had a good car now to go see her when I want to to travel 1 hr and a half to the town she will be moving to.

Look into rentals. One of the big names around here ( I don't remember which on my friend mentioned) has a frequent flyer program for peeps who fly in on business frequently.  Points earned that reduces the next rental or some such.  Will ask him about it next time he runs through here. Sometimes you need a leg hold trap to catch him!

@MacGreg It's good to see you alive and kicking! With all the fires, I started to worry.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Look into rentals. One of the big names around here ( I don't remember which on my friend mentioned) has a frequent flyer program for peeps who fly in on business frequently.  Points earned that reduces the next rental or some such.  Will ask him about it next time he runs through here. Sometimes you need a leg hold trap to catch him!

@MacGreg It's good to see you alive and kicking! With all the fires, I started to worry.

The only problem with that is that I live on a small Social Security check and live month to month so can not do that at all! Wish I was rich.

• Like 2

I need to get younger instead of older! I went to Walmart today to get a few things, took everything and put it in the trunk of my car, remembered I forgot furniture polish, went back in and got that and a couple of more things, then got home and put everything up and remembered I did not get kleenex. I even wrote everything in the note section of my phone but never looked at it! I am getting SO senile!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

I need to get younger instead of older! I went to Walmart today to get a few things, took everything and put it in the trunk of my car, remembered I forgot furniture polish, went back in and got that and a couple of more things, then got home and put everything up and remembered I did not get kleenex. I even wrote everything in the note section of my phone but never looked at it! I am getting SO senile!

I’ve done that. Gone out for something specific that I really, really wanted, and ended up forgetting that item while buying other stuff that hadn’t been on my list. 

I chalk it up to just being weird, and having a short term memory that short circuits more often than I’d like. 

• Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..