The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, kbois said:

I'm a tad bit livid at the moment. I called my brother because I wanted to tell him I was going to pick up my mom on Thursday and keep her thru the weekend because my sister in law was planning on about 15 people over for dinner and I  don't  want my mom around so many people right now.

Inagine my surprise when he tells me my SIL has tested positive for Covid. The same SIL who my Mom lives with. My brother is going to get himself and my mom tested this afternoon. These two haven't taken this virus as seriously as they should have. If my mom tests positive I'll have to go get another test as she was at my house this weekend. Which means my husband and son will have to do the same. Elevated stress levels....just what I  need right now. 

🤞🙏  Maybe it was a false positive on a rapid test.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

If my mom tests positive I'll have to go get another test as she was at my house this weekend. Which means my husband and son will have to do the same.

Perhaps you all should be tested asap, and not wait on mom's results?  That's what I would do if I were in this situation.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Perhaps you all should be tested asap, and not wait on mom's results?  That's what I would do if I were in this situation.

I'm going in the morning. I'm just gonna to try to stay positive and hope for the best. I talked with my other brother and he reminded me that there's nothing we can do this moment so we just have to deal with things one at a time. 

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and wishes. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Yeah, but could you handle a big burly lumberjack and his 12 inches!!!

I could, but I'm not greedy. I'll settle for 10 inches. LOL

Edited by spyke
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm a tad bit livid at the moment. I called my brother because I wanted to tell him I was going to pick up my mom on Thursday and keep her thru the weekend because my sister in law was planning on about 15 people over for dinner and I  don't  want my mom around so many people right now.

Inagine my surprise when he tells me my SIL has tested positive for Covid. The same SIL who my Mom lives with. My brother is going to get himself and my mom tested this afternoon. These two haven't taken this virus as seriously as they should have. If my mom tests positive I'll have to go get another test as she was at my house this weekend. Which means my husband and son will have to do the same. Elevated stress levels....just what I  need right now. 

i'm so sorry ... many good thoughts and hugs for you xoxxo

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Better a false positive than a false negative!

agree with both ...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

What kind of people come up with these names now a days? lol

20-weird-funny-highway-signs 4.jpg

That's been it's name since 1700 something...   not the kinda dildo you devils in here are thinking about ...  haha

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's been it's name since 1700 something...   not the kinda dildo you devils in here are thinking about ...  haha

Well we have been on the 12 inches kick for a minute now, so it only follows.......

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hey everyone.  

tim I've been thinking on what you posted on and I just want to say thanks for being someone who encourages positivity. 

thanks. i'm not always believe me ... and i love all you guys because we all hold each other up... thank you for being here. xo

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sherye said:

I will be back later. My stepson, his wife, her daughter, and a friend of theirs just showed up. They are here for the holidays!

have fun!!!!

• Love 4

They never came in here to visit. They decided to go to sleep in their camper. They were tired from the drive. They missed their camper that they live in. They have been away for 3 months from it! Her daughter is sleeping in the car. Hope they don't get cold cause it is really windy outside. Coming from the north.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

My brother called to let me know he and my mom both tested negative. Then he asked if I still wanted to get mom tomorrow  🙄. When I  said no and not for a couple of weeks either, he huffed and said he had to go. Asshole. 

Well you are doing the right thing regardless of his crappy attitude. You need to protect you and your family. Stay strong and be safe.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, spyke said:

Well you are doing the right thing regardless of his crappy attitude. You need to protect you and your family. Stay strong and be safe.

Thanks spyke.

At least I  have 4 other brothers who will have my back. This particular brother is feeling the strain from having my mom all the time. However, after my dad died him and his wife insisted on having Mom live with them. My brother up in MA offered to take her last year. My sister in law(the one down here) said no. Now our hands are tied because we can't really move her in the middle of a pandemic and her dementia has progressed to the point where she really can't handle too much change. 

But you're right, I'm doing what's right to protect myself, my husband and my kids. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..