The Drop in Centre

I just had the crap scared out of me! I am not dressed for even family even though I am covered. I actually heard a noise outside and thought it might be my stepson, his wife, her daughter and a friend of theirs here for the holidays. I am glad it wasn't! lol That would not be funny at all to them! It might be to all of you though to laugh at my predicament! lol Stop laughing!

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

My sister told me the other day that people are putting out painted rocks (called hope rocks) so we might start painting rocks again and BOY do I have plenty of them to paint still lol

That might be something some of you could do to pass your time away and they don't even have to be a painted picture. They could be a word to give someone hope for the day.

We got one of those from the neighbour’s young daughter as a surprise gift, and I’ve seen quite a few displays of these rocks when I’m out for my daily walk. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, Sherye said:

I just had the crap scared out of me! I am not dressed for even family even though I am covered. I actually heard a noise outside and thought it might be my stepson, his wife, her daughter and a friend of theirs here for the holidays. I am glad it wasn't! lol That would not be funny at all to them! It might be to all of you though to laugh at my predicament! lol Stop laughing!

You do realize, when you say “stop laughing” it only makes people laugh more, right? :P 

• Haha 2

I want to tell you a story that my husband told me one time about what happened to him in his own words:

"Thanks a lot for not putting more beer into the fridge before you went to work this morning. I had to go get it myself. You know how hard it is to get a 30 pk of beer out of the fridge on the porch in a wheelchair? Well, let me tell you! I wheeled myself out, I took the key to unlock the padlock, I grabbed the 30 pk and I put it on my lap. I was proud of myself. I pulled myself in the trailer and I went forward, the wheelchair went backwards, the beer went forwards. I thought to myself, 'I can just sit here and drink my beer but what happens if I have to go to the bathroom. I could just go in the vent in the floor but I knew you would get grossed out on me doing that so decided to try to get up.' So I straightened myself up and leaned on the side of the sofa to rest. Then I scooted back out on the porch and locked my wheelchair. I grabbed the rail I had put in on the porch for me to use to pull me up to be ale to stand on my only leg. I was proud of myself. I had positioned the wheelchair to where I could sit in it easily. I sat down in it. Now I was really proud of myself! I pulled myself into the trailer and picked all the beer up and put it in the fridge. But was too tired to drink it now so I went back to bed and took a nap! Don't you ever forget to put my beer in the fridge again! I mean it, woman!"

Edited by Sherye
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I know how difficult depression is to handle, my husband suffers from it and his spells since March have been far more lows than highs. Myself I sometimes find it difficult to cope because of my medical issues, but we plod on.

Please tell me you don't react to his bad days the way my husband reacts to mine. He ranges from " Why do uou let it bother you? Ignore it" (or them as the case may be)  to "oh Jesus christ here we go again, get over it". He does not seem to accept depression at any level is not something you can just turn off. Which of course just makes me feel inadequate, making it even harder to cope. 

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

So instead of writing I chain-watch people building log cabins on YouTube with hand tools.

So....at some point in the distant future we can expect a hot, burly lumberjack character in one of your stories. Right?

(I totally get the lack of writing ambition. I have ideas, but no motivation. It can get frustrating, but I'm hoping that eventually I'll feel the pull to write.)

Take care Wayne!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

My brain wants to completely disengage after I finish work, and while I find joy in writing, it's still a heavy mental process. So instead of writing I chain-watch people building log cabins on YouTube with hand tools.

you should totally google Dick Proenneke. an absolutely amazing adventure.

also, My Self Reliance on youtube...

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
55 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Please tell me you don't react to his bad days the way my husband reacts to mine. He ranges from " Why do uou let it bother you? Ignore it" (or them as the case may be)  to "oh Jesus christ here we go again, get over it". He does not seem to accept depression at any level is not something you can just turn off. Which of course just makes me feel inadequate, making it even harder to cope. 

Oh god no, I've learnt from that when I suffered badly with depression when I was diagnosed HIV+ when he helped me come to terms with it. So I have come along way with understanding his depression ( we've been together 23 years), he's suffered from depression all that time. So I've learnt alot and how to deal with the good and bad times.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, kbois said:

So....at some point in the distant future we can expect a hot, burly lumberjack character in one of your stories. Right?

(I totally get the lack of writing ambition. I have ideas, but no motivation. It can get frustrating, but I'm hoping that eventually I'll feel the pull to write.)

Take care Wayne!

A big burly lumberjack sounds good in Camp Refuge!!!

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm a tad bit livid at the moment. I called my brother because I wanted to tell him I was going to pick up my mom on Thursday and keep her thru the weekend because my sister in law was planning on about 15 people over for dinner and I  don't  want my mom around so many people right now.

Inagine my surprise when he tells me my SIL has tested positive for Covid. The same SIL who my Mom lives with. My brother is going to get himself and my mom tested this afternoon. These two haven't taken this virus as seriously as they should have. If my mom tests positive I'll have to go get another test as she was at my house this weekend. Which means my husband and son will have to do the same. Elevated stress levels....just what I  need right now. 

:hug: Hoping for negative test results for you and yours. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm a tad bit livid at the moment. I called my brother because I wanted to tell him I was going to pick up my mom on Thursday and keep her thru the weekend because my sister in law was planning on about 15 people over for dinner and I  don't  want my mom around so many people right now.

Inagine my surprise when he tells me my SIL has tested positive for Covid. The same SIL who my Mom lives with. My brother is going to get himself and my mom tested this afternoon. These two haven't taken this virus as seriously as they should have. If my mom tests positive I'll have to go get another test as she was at my house this weekend. Which means my husband and son will have to do the same. Elevated stress levels....just what I  need right now. 

:hug:Hugs all round, hoping for negative tests for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..