The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

It is really good! Has graham cracker crust and whipped cream!

Okay, now I want some of that.
Do you think this would be considered essential travel so I could cross the border and come for a visit? 🤔

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, now I want some of that.
Do you think this would be considered essential travel so I could cross the border and come for a visit? 🤔

Banana Pudding is used for medicinal purposes, so yes it is essential travel! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Nope. I am the twin ( also 60 )  

Reader is our younger sister!

Mother told us not to teach her bad habits but...

Mother also told us to stay out of the cookie jar, but that fell of deaf ears too. 

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I'm always forgetting things when I shop, even with a list and always end up going home with something we didn't really need - usually chocolate or puddings.

One always needs chocolate or puddings particularly during this time period. If you see it,  you crave it, and you put it in your shopping basket and buy it, you needed it!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, spyke said:

One always needs chocolate or puddings particularly during this time period. If you see it,  you crave it, and you put it in your shopping basket and buy it, you needed it!  LOL

I seriously almost did just that this past, Monday. I opted for Greek yogurt - banana chocolate was my flavour of choice. It’s all gone now... :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

Overall this day has really sucked. 

With the exception of this forum. It's the only thing that has kept me sane today. 

Thanks everybody for making a shitty day, well....less shitty. (When will my autocorrect ever learn that I  swear? It needs to stop correcting my curse words!)

Well you said earlier that you had a strange feeling. Hope the rest of your day is better and that you have kick ass weekend.  My computer doesn't have auto correct so I can cuss freely! 🤣

P.S.  Maybe you need to break into your stash that you brought back from your trip.  🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, spyke said:

Well you said earlier that you had a strange feeling. Hope the rest of your day is better and that you have kick ass weekend.  My computer doesn't have auto correct so I can cuss freely! 🤣

P.S.  Maybe you need to break into your stash that you brought back from your trip.  🍸

Stash has been broken into!

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

I had sort of a bittersweet dream last night. I dreamed that I was in the car with my Mom and she turned to me and said "let's stop for a drink somewhere." Then the dream got weird and we were trying to find a seat at this really long restaurant that was on a pier. Nobody had masks and whoever was bringing us to a table couldn't decide where to seat us. 

In my dream the dementia was gone and she was my Mom again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1

Looking for suggestions.

We have a 12 inch king size memory foam/gel mattress. I can't find a brand of sheets where the fitted sheet will stay put. It seems like standard king sheets are now made for thicker mattresses. I've had to buy garters for the sheets and the first time one of them popped off in the middle of the night we both bolted out of bed thinking someone was shooting at us. (Our headboard is solid wood so it was loud!) 

Hope everyone had a good day!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

Looking for suggestions.

We have a 12 inch king size memory foam/gel mattress. I can't find a brand of sheets where the fitted sheet will stay put. It seems like standard king sheets are now made for thicker mattresses. I've had to buy garters for the sheets and the first time one of them popped off in the middle of the night we both bolted out of bed thinking someone was shooting at us. (Our headboard is solid wood so it was loud!) 

All I saw was "inch" and my mind immediately flew to other thoughts. Jeezus.

Though, I'm still thinking how to re-assess my space in my room so I can have a bigger bed. I need more room to move. 😭

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Looking for suggestions.

I liked that the inexpensive sheets I bought on Amazon seemed bigger than the mattress, because they fit so well. Since you mentioned the depth of your mattress, I thought I’d measure mine. Turns out, it’s only eight inches deep, so that’s why the fitted sheet seemed so roomy. So, I don’t think the sheet set brand I bought would make much difference for you and your hubby. 

I did find these sheet clips that look like the ones my mom used when she had a fitted sheet that wouldn’t stay in place. I don’t recall my mom having an issue with them popping off - certainly not loudly anyway. 

https://www.amazon.ca/4-Piece-Sheet-Fasteners-Straps/dp/B00LMATFGM/ref=sr_1_39?crid=34QYLORIRO22G&dchild=1&keywords=sheet+straps&qid=1606013248&sprefix=Sheet+%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-39

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sherye said:

I found out that deep pocket sheets stay put on those kinds of mattresses.

I have deep pocket sheets and there's too much extra material. I think they're made for 16-18 inch depth. I don't like it when the sheet bunches up underneath me. 

1 hour ago, Solus Magus said:

All I saw was "inch" and my mind immediately flew to other thoughts. Jeezus.

Though, I'm still thinking how to re-assess my space in my room so I can have a bigger bed. I need more room to move. 😭

Get your mind out of the gutter! 🤣 

Although when my husband asked why I needed a tape measure and I said I  needed to measure twelve inches. We both cracked up.

13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I liked that the inexpensive sheets I bought on Amazon seemed bigger than the mattress, because they fit so well. Since you mentioned the depth of your mattress, I thought I’d measure mine. Turns out, it’s only eight inches deep, so that’s why the fitted sheet seemed so roomy. So, I don’t think the sheet set brand I bought would make much difference for you and your hubby. 

I did find these sheet clips that look like the ones my mom used when she had a fitted sheet that wouldn’t stay in place. I don’t recall my mom having an issue with them popping off - certainly not loudly anyway. 

https://www.amazon.ca/4-Piece-Sheet-Fasteners-Straps/dp/B00LMATFGM/ref=sr_1_39?crid=34QYLORIRO22G&dchild=1&keywords=sheet+straps&qid=1606013248&sprefix=Sheet+%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-39

I have clips like that in my mom's room. I need to get another set. The ones I  have for our bed are alligator clips and they eventually pop off. At least we know what the sound is now. 

I guess I'll keep looking. I saw some really nice bamboo sheets. They were $260. No thanks. I don't mind spending some money on sheets, but not when it means no groceries for two weeks!😲

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
30 minutes ago, kbois said:

Although when my husband asked why I needed a tape measure and I said I  needed to measure twelve inches. We both cracked up.

I AM SORRY I CAN’T HELP IT. I LIVE IN THE GUTTER! 🤣🤣

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, kbois said:

I have deep pocket sheets and there's too much extra material. I think they're made for 16-18 inch depth. I don't like it when the sheet bunches up underneath me. 

I have clips like that in my mom's room. I need to get another set. The ones I  have for our bed are alligator clips and they eventually pop off. At least we know what the sound is now. 

I guess I'll keep looking. I saw some really nice bamboo sheets. They were $260. No thanks. I don't mind spending some money on sheets, but not when it means no groceries for two weeks!😲

You could do an awful lot with 12 inches!!!

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..