The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

You could do an awful lot with 12 inches!!!

I knew this thread was gonna go off the rails as soon as I wrote the words. I love that y'all have the same warped sense of humor as me!

🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
42 minutes ago, kbois said:

I knew this thread was gonna go off the rails as soon as I wrote the words. I love that y'all have the same warped sense of humor as me!

🤣🤣🤣

Well think of all the fun we could have with 12 inches 😜 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
17 hours ago, kbois said:

Looking for suggestions.

We have a 12 inch king size memory foam/gel mattress. I can't find a brand of sheets where the fitted sheet will stay put. It seems like standard king sheets are now made for thicker mattresses. I've had to buy garters for the sheets and the first time one of them popped off in the middle of the night we both bolted out of bed thinking someone was shooting at us. (Our headboard is solid wood so it was loud!) 

Hope everyone had a good day!

These look interesting.  Standard fit says 8-11 inches, but I'll bet they fit. 

https://wickedsheets.com/product/cooling-fitted-sheet/

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, spyke said:

These look interesting.  Standard fit says 8-11 inches, but I'll bet they fit. 

https://wickedsheets.com/product/cooling-fitted-sheet/

Would you believe all  the king options are on back order or out of stock? They look nice too, and not super expensive.😒

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

Would you believe all  the king options are on back order or out of stock? They look nice too, and not super expensive.😒

I bought a sheet set from Amazon in July to replace the expensive - they were on sale - sheets I bought a couple of years back. The full size were only $25 (top, fitted, two pillow cases) and they’ve held up really well, and seem quite deep, though my mattress is only 8 inches deep, so I don’t know for sure. The description does say the fitted sheet is 14 inches deep, so that should work on your mattress. 

They are nice to sleep on and come in a variety of patterns/colours. Making the bed is easy - even with having a footboard now) because I finally figured out keeping note of where the label corner goes means I don’t short sheet the bed. I wonder if I’m the only one who took forever to figure out this little trick? :unsure: 

Anyway, this is them. The king size sheets are $35. 

AmazonBasics Light-Weight Microfiber Sheet 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

The bad news is...no snow days for you.

We got the good news this morning that they're giving us an "Administrative Day" on Wed -- so our Thanksgiving vacation just got a day longer.

Enjoy your holiday, Fae. :) 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..