Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Marty said:

It's probably around fifty years since I read Wyndham's The Day Of The Triffids but, if I remember correctly, I think if I had triffid mint it would just climb out of the container and take over the garden anyway... :unsure2: 

I read that book as well and latter they made a movie out of it:yes: Aloha Marty:kiss::hug:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. I think it's going to be an indoor sort of day. It's overcast and currently 71/21° with 75% humidity making it feel muggy. There was a bit of drizzle during our morning walk but not enough to make us wet. The forcast is for intermittent showers and storms as the day progress with a high temp only in the upper 70's/~25°. My head is already achy and I'm feeling lethargic. 

I think I'd mentioned my dad had a cardiac incident this spring. The docs have been trying to get things sorted but not been too successful. It seems his atrium flutter rather than beating properly. Yesterday they performed a procedure in which they stopped his heart then restarted it. I was not with him. A former neighbor has been staying with him and she went along to the hospital. She has a background in elder care. She also has POA since I was in SC. I wasn't told if the procedure was successful only that he stayed in the hospital overnight for observation because h is heart rate was slow. I texted him this morning and he's not feeling all that great. He thinks they'll be doing more tests since he hasn't been any fluids or food. His 86th birthday is next Wed., the 12th. This isn't a bright and cheery day. Blessed be.

:hug:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I read that book as well and latter they made a movie out of it:yes: Aloha Marty:kiss::hug:

Yea... And like most films made from books, I wasn't totally happy with the result.

Hey, Albert! :hug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

I think I'd mentioned my dad had a cardiac incident this spring. The docs have been trying to get things sorted but not been too successful. It seems his atrium flutter rather than beating properly. Yesterday they performed a procedure in which they stopped his heart then restarted it. I was not with him. A former neighbor has been staying with him and she went along to the hospital. She has a background in elder care. She also has POA since I was in SC. I wasn't told if the procedure was successful only that he stayed in the hospital overnight for observation because h is heart rate was slow. I texted him this morning and he's not feeling all that great. He thinks they'll be doing more tests since he hasn't been any fluids or food. His 86th birthday is next Wed., the 12th. This isn't a bright and cheery day. Blessed be.

Keeping my fingers crossed here for you and dad, bro. :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Marty said:

It's probably around fifty years since I read Wyndham's The Day Of The Triffids but, if I remember correctly, I think if I had triffid mint it would just climb out of the container and take over the garden anyway... :unsure2: 

That was one scary story. :huh:  Hey, bro! :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. I think it's going to be an indoor sort of day. It's overcast and currently 71/21° with 75% humidity making it feel muggy. There was a bit of drizzle during our morning walk but not enough to make us wet. The forcast is for intermittent showers and storms as the day progress with a high temp only in the upper 70's/~25°. My head is already achy and I'm feeling lethargic. 

:hug:  :kiss:  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Thanks. Life has gotten more interesting. I got a call this morning from April, the lady staying with my dad. Turns out she tested positive for COVID. She is asymptomatic but was tested as part of the requirements for her job. Dad was tested on Sunday prior to his procedure and his results were negative. Dad is being discharged from the hospital at 1pm today. Obviously April has to quarantine and is doing so at her sister's along with everyone living there because she had stayed with them over the past weekend. Soooooo ... dad needs picked up and brought home. I am picking him up and taking him to his house but not staying because I have preconditions that make the virus more dangerous should I contract it. April has arranged for others to keep tabs on dad until she completes quarantine in 10 days. I really would like to scream. Aaaaarrrrrghhhhh!

Oh, and then my mother-in-law emailed to let us all know that the virus has gotten into the population of the retirement community where she lives.

Oh, dughlas... :( 

I'm at a loss for words.

:hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..