Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, clochette said:

It's not for my insulin level as I'm not diabetic. I'm taking it with Duphaston to bring back my "girl problems" as apparently studies show Metformin works to do so 🤷🏻‍♀️ we'll see how it works

Hey, Tink. :hug: I hope it works for you. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Wanna see pics.  :*)

Doubtful.  :gikkle:

Hi, Page. :hug: 

2 hours ago, Marty said:

I'm on Metformin for my Type 2 diabetes. Another name for it is Glucophage, which basically means sugar eater. As far as I know it doesn't actually lower the insulin level. Type 2 diabetes is caused by the body not responding to insulin as well as it should do, so I reckon it would not be a good idea to then start taking a medicine that actually lowers the insulin level even further... :unsure2:

The main job of insulin is to regulate the level of glucose in the blood, causing it to be stored in the cells of the body if the level starts to rise. High levels in the blood, while not immediately dangerous, can lead to long term damage, such as kidney failure (due to the kidneys taking over the regulatory effect by excreting the excess sugar in the urine - hence the old name of "Sweet Pee" to describe the condition), cardiovascular problems and poor blood supply to the extremities (particularly the feet), raised blood pressure, problems with the eyes (could even cause blindness eventually), amongst other things.

Metformin keep my blood sugar down at normal levels. It's working so well for me that my doctor tells me after my every 6 monthly blood tests that, if he didn't know I was Type 2 diabetic, the results would indicate I wasn't (if that makes any sense). Fortunately I have zero side effects from Metformin, and I understand that is the case for the vast majority of people who use it.

Hi, Marty. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, clochette said:

Well it's only gouda slices and ham but yeah ;)

Nothing wrong with that.  :P

And now I have an idea for dinner. Potatoes, roasted onion halves, and Kielbasa sausage with Raclette cheese.  ;)

25 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Probably one of Thistle's herd.

Hey, Dugh, Mum, and Thistle.  :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, dughlas said:

We made it safely to mum's, arrived before 11:00. We've unpacked the multitude of foodstuffs I've brought with me. The pup and I've had a bit of a doze though I'm more tired now than before the nap. It's warm, 75/24° and very humid. Very unlike the weather we've recently had back home.

:D  Hi, Mum! :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..