Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Deep breaths

Dad was transported to hospital this afternoon for an MRI. It was supposed to be an ambulance ride there and back this afternoon. My sister drove separately to be there to support him. All good...

Except it’s now after 11pm and they are still waiting for the results of the scan. My nephew is now staying the night with friends while Dad and my sister wait and wait...

Once they get the results it’s over an hours drive back home :( 

Aaarrrrrrrgghhhh ...

• Love 2
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

It was my fault. I should have plugged it in before I went into editor, because it never gives me enough warning when the battery is low. I don't get any warning at all when I have Word opened. The screen doesn't even dim. I'm sure there's a way to change the settings. :( 

Not sure... :unsure2:

But possibly somewhere in Control Panel/Power Options, if it can be done. :yes: 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm sure I'm possibly beginning to annoy some of you with my continuous stories and photos of my progress in the garden. But, then again, quite a few of you did clamour for before and after pictures when I first announced that I had bought this property. Mind you, I think you may have been talking more about the house itself, rather than the garden. :unsure2: 

Here's the ladder the other side of the wall, in the neighbour's garden:

Progress01.jpg

Now, when I say neighbours, perhaps I should point out that both the property beside me on the main street, and the two story stone built house next to the upper garden, have stood empty for the past number of years. So the gardens of  each of them are a bit overgrown, which means that I am having to clear away brambles and saplings in order to be able to find the space to safely rest the ladder against the wall.

But I made a bit of progress today, and I estimate two more days work should see the main job of clearing all the overgrowth from the two sheds just about finished. Although I shall then have to decide what to do with the sheds themselves...

For reference, the building you can see behind the ladder, on the other side of the wall, is the two story stone cottage in my lower garden. You can see the roof of my own house to the right of it.

The met office have issued a 24 hour yellow alert for rain from tonight in my county, with the possibility of up to 50mm (2 inches) of rain. That means that it is unlikely I'll be able to get any work done outside tomorrow. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the rain won't continue for days on end. :unsure2:

You'll notice the wall isn't actually rendered (parged) on the neighbour's side. The stonework looks to be in good order, so maybe I'll see about getting the rendering removed from my side eventually. :yes: 

That pic would be perfect for a b & w pic!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Marty said:

Not going to happen, clo! :no:

Goats would completely destroy the garden. They'll eat anything. Even the washing off the line.

There'll be a bonfire made of the branches eventually. :yes: 

Does the school there do bonfires at times, cause you could donate the branches and brambles to the school. Our school loves it when people donate stuff like that so they don't have to get it later when they need it for homecoming games or other special school things they have bonfires for

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

Does the school there do bonfires at times, cause you could donate the branches and brambles to the school. Our school loves it when people donate stuff like that so they don't have to get it later when they need it for homecoming games or other special school things they have bonfires for

No. It's only a small village.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..