Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 10,362 Words
  • 1,144 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Watergame - 20. Chapter 20

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older except for the growing love between a seventeen and a sixteen year old boy. There may be description of gay sex in this chapter.
In Chapter 20
Lee and Roger select the pool
Tonya and Roger have an emotional discussion
Jake starts his new job at Vinnie’s
Kevin and Jake are invited to spend Easter with Evan and Julie
The Dunbar Lions make it to the Playoffs (Yea!)

Monday morning Lee and Tonya rose early, about 6:30 AM, as Lee has to leave for work about 7:30 AM, his workday starts at 8:00 AM every day. Tonya started coffee to brew while Lee shaved. Lee joined Tonya for that first cup of coffee, and then Tonya prepared breakfast for Lee, a pleasure that Lee had not enjoyed for over 6 years.

Sandra had passed five years ago, but during the last year of her life, Sandra was unable to function as a wife and mother, due to her illness. Lee had pretty much taken over as a mother to Roger, and had assumed duties like making coffee and preparing breakfast for himself, Sandra and Roger. Sandra was placed in an extended care facility during the last two months before she passed.

After Sandra had passed, Lee and Roger had begun to share most of the domestic duties previously handled by Sandra, and they both had become rather proficient cooks.

At 7:30 Lee lovingly kissed Tonya goodbye, and reminded her that he was picking Roger up early from school and heading to the city to select the pool. He wasn’t certain what time they would be back that night. Right after Lee headed out to work, Tonya woke the boys, as they would soon need to leave for school. Five minutes later, all three young men were sitting at the table in their underwear, sipping coffee, while Tonya prepared breakfast for them and herself.

Since Lee was picking Roger up at noon from school, he rode to school with Kevin and Jake, instead of driving in alone. After the boys left for school, Tonya drove to the rental office, and turned in the keys for the house. She informed them that there were still some items in the shed that they planned on picking up sometime during the next few days.

Lee arrived at the high school at about 12:10 and spotted Roger standing outside the front doors. Roger, seeing Lee pull up, quickly trotted to his Dad’s car, dropped his backpack in the back seat and sat in the passenger seat, ready to travel.

Lee, a few minutes on the road, "Son, how do you feel about our new living arrangement?"

"I’m loving it, so far," Roger replied, "It’s almost uncanny, how much Tonya is like Mom, have you noticed it?"

"Yes, Roger, I have noticed," Lee said, "I feel that Tonya has a lot of love, and cares deeply for all three of you boys, and that makes me feel good. I wouldn’t want to create a situation that you would feel uncomfortable with. Roger, you are very important to me, actually, the most important person in my life."

"Dad," Roger stated, "I’m well aware that Tonya is not my Mom, nobody can replace my Mom, but I feel like she is my Mom. Dad I love Tonya as a mother, and I feel very close to her. I really hope that you and Tonya eventually decide to get married. Having Jake as a brother is really cool too, I’ve never had a brother before. I kind of wish he wasn’t gay, but I still love and respect him, and his right to live and love the way that is natural for him. If he ever becomes a victim of bullying, I will be on the front line to defend him, as I would any brother that I loved."

"I admire your attitude, Son," Lee stated, pointing, "I think that’s the place we’re looking for, shall we see what they have to offer?"

Lee and Roger approached the entrance and found a note on the door that stated ‘Out to Lunch, will return at 1:15, Jerome’.

"Roger," Lee suggested, "it’s only 12:30 now, maybe we should go grab some lunch, and he should be back by the time we finish."

They walked down the strip about three doors, and entered a small diner. Roger, being a typical teenaged boy, ordered a cheeseburger and fries, and Lee ordered a chef salad, both with Iced Tea. After eating, they headed back to the ‘Pool Place’ and walked in.

"Good afternoon, Gents," the man greeted, "I’m Jerome Coffee, Manager and chief salesman, how might I help you today?"

"We’re looking to have an in-ground pool installed at our home in Dunbar," Lee stated, "I’m Lee Adams, and this is my son, Roger."

"In-ground pools are our specialty here at ‘The Pool Place’, do you have an idea what shape or size you’re looking for?" Jerome asked.

"I think Roger maybe has a better idea of what we’re looking for than I do," Lee said, "do you have pictures of the various pools?"

"These are photo’s of some of the pools that we have installed. I need to give you a heads-up, square and rectangular pools are somewhat less expensive to install, than pools that have curved sides, but we can install either style. Check out these photos." Jerome handed Lee and Roger a stack of about 25 or 30 photos of pools that the company had installed, and Roger and Lee started looking through the stack.

Roger, pulling one photo to the side, "That’s it Dad! That’s the pool that Mom showed me." Lee looked at it, and handed the photo to Jerome. Jerome looked at the back and noted the number.

"R-10 is one of our most popular styles of rectangular pools," Jerome said, "it works well when installed next to a rectangular patio or a deck. I can’t give you a price, until I know the length and width you desire, and I can only give you the price of the pool. I'll need to send an engineer to check out the location before I can quote you an installation price. If it’s any help, this room is sixteen feet wide, and twenty feet long, and likely the minimum desirable size for a residential pool, you might want to add a little more length."

"Dad," Roger said, "I think, for swimming purposes, more length is needed, maybe thirty or thirty-two feet long, but maybe we could narrow it a bit, to twelve feet wide."

"Twelve by thirty two is a good size," Jerome said, "We’ll need to remove quite a lot of dirt. We can pile it back on your property or we can haul it away. Hauling it away will cost more. If you have a low spot that you’d like to fill in, and build a little higher, or maybe build a terrace, keeping the dirt might be desirable. That will be your decision to make."

"How long would it be," Lee asked, "before you could install it?"

"Right now, I have three jobs ahead of yours, and each job will take six to ten working days," Jerome explained. "Barring any major complications, and with decent spring weather, we’re looking at the first week of April to start, and that’s if you decide to go ahead today. If you wait a week to decide, it could be closer to the middle of April. This is the busiest time of year for us, and everyone want’s their pools installed before the warm weather."

"What do you think Son?" Lee asked, looking into Roger’s eyes.

"Dad," Roger answered, "I think we should go ahead with it, and let the dream come true. It’s what Mom would have wanted."

"Jerome," Lee stated, "you’ve just sold us an R-10 pool. What’s the next step?"

"I can only quote you the price of the pool," Jerome said, "I need to get the engineer to go to your home and get some measurements and check the lay of the land before I can give you the exact cost of the installation. I know it will be a few days, and someone should be at home when he comes."

"My wife is nearly always home on weekdays, just give us a days notice," Lee said, "Do you need an answer about the dirt today?" (Roger had a strange, questioning look on his face)

"No," Jerome said, "but I will need to know ASAP as that will affect the cost of the installation."

"Give us a few days to decide what to do with the dirt," Lee said, "and I’ll try to have an answer by Friday. It’s been a pleasure working with you, Jerome, and we’ll be looking for a visit from your engineer soon.

"It’s been delightful to deal with two of Dunbar’s finest gentlemen. I’m sure that Roger will make good use of that pool," Jerome said.

"Yeah," Lee replied, chuckling, "Roger and all of his friends, including the ones he doesn’t know he has, yet!" Lee and Roger headed to the car, and started the drive home.

"Dad, is there something you haven’t told me?" Roger asked.

"Like what, Son?" Lee answered.

"You told Jerome that your WIFE was nearly always home."

"Roger," Lee replied, "Jerome doesn’t need to know that Tonya and I are not married—yet. I do think of her as a wife, and she does mean a lot to me."

"I understand, Dad." Roger commented, "Tonya is one awesome lady, and I’ve even begun to think of her like a mother. I’ve even called her ‘Mom’ a few times, no disrespect for my real Mom, it just kind of slips out, but it feels so right."

"I think it is right, Son," Lee responded, "I know that Tonya thinks the world of you, too, she just feels like she has gained another son! Roger, we may not be the typical ‘textbook’ family, but I doubt that there is another family in Dunbar that shares any more love than what our family shares."

It was about 4:00 PM when Lee pulled into the driveway and barely had the car parked when Roger ran out of the car and into the house. Tonya was in the kitchen, deciding what to cook for dinner. Lee and Roger were here now, but Jake and Kevin would not be arriving until closer to 6:00, after Kevin’s practice and shower was over.

"We’re home, Mom! " Roger exclaimed, throwing his arms around Tonya, hugging her and kissing her lips.

"So I see, honey," Tonya replied, smiling, "how did it go?"

"Well," Roger replied, "we got the pool ordered, and it’s a beaut. The only problem is that they’re behind, and it will be about two months before they can get it installed. I just found out today that you and Dad are now married!" Lee grinned.

"Really!" Tonya exclaimed, "How did that happen?"

"Well," Roger said, grinning, "Dad told the salesman at the Pool Place that his wife is almost always home—and since you’re the only lady here……….."

"Look, sweetheart," Tonya said, "I never said I wouldn’t marry your Dad, but we’ve only known each other for a little over two months. I think wedding plans are a bit premature. Give us a chance to really get to know each other better—before pushing us down the aisle!" Lee, smirking, grabbed a beer from the fridge and headed out on the deck.

"Does it—bother you—when I call you ‘Mom’?" Roger asked.

"Honey," Tonya replied, "Just because your father and I are becoming romantically involved, you’re not obligated to call me ‘Mom’, you can call me Tonya, and I won’t feel that it’s at all disrespectful. I will admit that, when you call me ‘Mom’ I do get a warm fuzzy feeling deep inside."

"I’m well aware of that warm, fuzzy feeling," Roger replied, his eyes getting wet, "I get it too, every time you call me ‘son’, or one of those other sweet, affectionate names that Mom used to call me. I know, I lost my real Mom over five years ago, but I feel like I still have her, when I’m close to you. You feel like ‘Mom’ to me." Roger’s eyes are now streaming tears that are running down his face. Tonya brought Roger’s head onto her shoulder, letting his tears soak into her blouse, while she cuddled him, lovingly. Tonya couldn’t help it, her eyes were shedding tears too, feeling Roger’s pain.

"Honey, you were only twelve when you lost your Mom," Tonya said, "and I know that was a terribly traumatic loss for a child your age to suffer. You have every reason to still break down now and then. Please know that your Dad and I love you very much, and we understand you more than you probably realize."

Roger, still sobbing a little, "Actually, I was eleven—when it happened. Tonya—I need to—call you—‘Mom’—cause you’re the—only Mom—I have!"

"Roger, that works two ways," Tonya stated, smiling, "you can’t call me ‘Mom’ unless I can call you ‘Son’!"

"Deal!" Roger exclaimed, grinning, "Thanks Mom, I love you!"

"I love you too, Son," Tonya answered, smiling. Tonya and Roger shared a loving embrace, and a Mother and Son kiss on their lips.

"You’re a right good kisser, Son," Tonya said.

"Thanks, Mom," Roger replied, "I hope I’m good enough to capture Gina’s heart with my kisses! Mom, I’ll be happy to help you with supper, if you’ll just tell me what you want me to do."

"Son, do you know how to fix shake’n’bake chicken?" Tonya asked.

"Yep," Roger replied, "it’s one of my specialties, I’ve fixed it a lot for me and Dad. What we got going with it, Mom?"

"I’ve got mac and cheese in the oven, Son, and I’m steaming some broccoli for a vegi."

"Good meal Mom," Roger stated, "I hope my brothers like it."

"I’m sure they will, Son," Tonya replied, "They’ll be hungry, and ready to eat almost anything."

Lee was sipping his beer right outside the open kitchen door, and listening to the dialog. The over-usage of ‘Mom’ and ‘Son’ were obvious, but it does seem that Tonya and Roger are developing a very close Mother and Son relationship. That is something that Lee is pleased to see, because Roger hasn’t had a Mother and Son relationship since—well—over six years ago. Lee wonders if he and Roger will ever get over the loss of Sandra.

About 5:45 PM Kevin and Jake pulled in and parked. They both bounced onto the deck. Kevin and Lee shared a hug.

Lee, speaking to Jake, "Welcome home, Son," and hugged Jake.

"Thanks, Dad, it’s good to be home," Jake replied, hugging Lee back. The boys then headed into the kitchen.

Both boys gave Roger a warm, brotherly hug, and then followed suit with Tonya.

When the family sat down to eat, Tonya made a point to inform everyone that she and Roger had prepared dinner together.

"Way to go, Bro!" Jake exclaimed and Roger grinned.

Roger was excited to tell Kevin and Jake about the pool that they had ordered, and a bit sad that it would be a couple of months before it would be installed. Kevin hinted that, should the pool be done before graduation, right here would be a great place for a graduation party, combined with a pool party. Kevin will be a graduating senior in June, just over three months away. Jake and Roger are both juniors, and still have another year of high school.

"Tomorrow nights game is critical," Kevin announced, "It’s Do or Die! If we can topple the Owl’s, we’ll gain a position in the playoffs, and if we lose, it’ll be the end of the season for the Lions. Baby, I hope you and Roger will be there to root for the Lions."

"Kevin!" Roger exclaimed, "You had doubts that your two biggest fans wouldn’t show? Of course we’ll be there to watch you and the rest of our team kill those pesky Owls!"

"Tonya," Lee said, "I think we should go and support the Lions, too, I’d love to see the Lions make it to the playoffs."

"That would be nice baby," Tonya replied, smiling, "I haven’t watched a high school basketball game since I graduated, and I would love to watch Kevin play!"

"My parents are coming to the game too," Kevin stated, "It might be a good chance to introduce my Mom and Dad to Lee, maybe right after the game. Lee, I think you’ll like my parents." Lee smiled, now looking forward to meeting Kurt and Audrey.

Dinner finished, Tonya and Roger cleaned up the kitchen, Tonya loaded the dishwasher, without help, and Roger washed up the larger things in the sink. It almost seems as if Roger is going out of his way to assist his step-mom in any way possible.

After Roger wiped the table down, all three boys settled at the table to do their homework, which took them less than an hour. After the homework was completed, all three boys headed out to the garage to shoot a few games of pool before bedtime. Lee and Tonya cuddled together on the sofa and watched a couple of TV shows.

About 10:00 PM the boys returned to the house, ready to head to bed. Jake kissed his Mom goodnight as usual, and gave her a hug.

Jake, giving Lee a hug, "Goodnight, Dad," and kissed Lee’s cheek.

Lee responded with, "Goodnight Son, see you tomorrow," and gave Jake a loving, fatherly hug. Jake could feel the love that Lee was so willing to share with him, and the warmth. Jake and Kevin both headed to their bedroom, after Kevin also gave Lee and Tonya goodnight hugs.

"Roger," Lee spoke, "Since we’re all going to the game tomorrow night, why don’t you and Jake just ride with us, and save a parking spot at the school?"

"That makes sense, Dad, and it will save us some gas too," Roger gave his Dad a hug, and a kiss on his cheek. He then stepped over Lee’s legs, and, giving Tonya a loving hug and a kiss on her lips, "Goodnight, Mom, I love you."

"Goodnight, Son," Tonya replied, "I love you too." Roger left and headed to his bedroom for the night. Lee is happy to see Roger and Tonya building a beautiful Mother and Son relationship and Roger is enjoying the feeling of having a mother’s love once again.

Slowly but surely, the Adams and Farmer families are building a loving family relationship!

* * * * * *

Tuesday morning Tonya was up early and made coffee and breakfast for Lee. Just before Lee walked out the door for work, he headed upstairs and walked into Roger’s room and woke him to get ready for school, then woke the other two boys in Jake’s bed.

Roger headed into the bathroom to relieve his bladder at the same time that Jake was headed there. Jake got to the toilet first.

"Move over, dude," Roger stated, "and share!" Jake moved over, trying to push his mostly erect prick down to pee. Jake watched as Roger pulled his foreskin back, again having that desire to want to touch and feel Roger’s uncut cock. Both boys started to direct their streams into the toilet, glanced at each other and grinned. Kevin was standing behind them, waiting for a spot to stand, so he could drain his bladder.

They all finished, and Roger grabbed a couple of sheets of toilet paper, using them to dry those last few drops, so as to keep his head and foreskin dry. They returned to their rooms and pulled on their boxers, then headed to the kitchen. Roger was now at ease, wearing his boxers in front of Tonya.

After sipping cups of coffee, Tonya prepared breakfast for the boys and herself, and the four of them enjoyed eating breakfast together. After breakfast, the boys returned to their room to dress for school, and Kevin packed his gym bag with a clean uniform to wear for the game tonight.

Kevin drove to school alone, as he would be going to his home after school for an early dinner and then back to school for the game. Jake rode with Roger to school. Both boys are juniors, and they do share three classes together.

About 3:15 PM on Tuesday afternoon Jake and Roger headed to the parking lot, and Kevin joined them. Kevin and Jake shared a loving kiss and hug, while Roger looked on, shaking his head. Most everyone in the whole high school had become aware that Kevin and Jake were a gay couple, and they had both become very open about their relationship, and no longer even tried to hide it. They did use some discretion, like not holding hands when they walked together down the hallways, or pausing to kiss or hug in front of a bunch of students. Kissing in the parking lot had become a ‘normal’ activity for these two. Kevin entered his car and headed home for an early supper, and Jake and Roger headed to Roger’s home.

The teacher’s were kind that day, knowing that the majority of the students would be attending this crucial game tonight, most of them declined to give the students homework assignments. Roger and Jake arrived home about 4:00 PM, both boys giving Tonya a loving kiss and hug.

Tonya was preparing dinner, planning to serve it as soon as Lee walked in the door from work about 5:45. They would need to leave for the game about 6:45 PM, as tip-off would be at 7:30. Roger and Jake sat at the table and chatted with their Mom. Both boys offered their assistance, but Tonya insisted that she had everything under control.

"I washed your sheets today," Tonya stated, "and they should be dry, if you guys want to take them out of the dryer, you could go ahead and make up your beds."

"Sure, Mom," Roger replied quickly. Roger and Jake pulled the clean sheets and pillowcases from the drier, matching the designs, and taking them to their bedrooms.

"Jake," Roger said, "If you help me make up my bed, I’ll help you make up yours."

"Sure," Jake replied, "Nothing like a little brotherly teamwork." They tackled Jake’s bed first, then moved to Roger’s room. "Rog, do you ever, you know?" Jake is moving his fist, simulating a jacking motion.

Roger, grinning, "Of course, I think all boys do that, show me a boy that never jacks off, and I’ll show you a liar! I dare you to tell me that you never do it!"

"Well," Jake replied, grinning, "I used to do it almost every day, but now, my boyfriend takes care of me quite often, and I’m down to about once a week."

"Lucky you! Maybe," Roger lamented, "if I could get Gina to take care of me, I could get down to once a week. See that box of tissues? I don’t use very many of them to blow my nose." Then, chuckling, "but I do go through a lot of tissues!" Both boys snickered.

"Jake," Roger asked, "did you ever jack off with another boy?"

"Yeah," Jake replied, "My friend, Larry Hanson, and I used to jack off together all the time, sometimes two or three times a week. It was fun to watch each other cum. Since I’ve been dating Kevin, we haven’t done it."

"I’ve never done it with another boy," Roger said, "and I’ve never watched another boy cum either, but it seems like it might be fun. Would that be considered having gay sex?"

"I hardly think so," Jake answered, "Larry was straight, and he never considered it gay. I think lots of guys jack off together, and I know that most of them are straight. I think, to qualify as having sex, two people have to do something sexually with each other, like fucking, or maybe having oral sex. If you were to eat Gina’s pussy, or if she was to suck your dick, that would be having sex."

"Jake," Roger asked, apprehensively, "would you consider jacking off with me?"

"Now?" Jake questioned, alarmed.

"No, not now!" Roger exclaimed, "we need to eat dinner, and get to that ball game. But maybe sometime when we’re here alone, and have nothing more important to do.

"In that case," Jake said, smiling, "I’d be happy to do it with you, if you’ll let me feel your cock. I’ve never touched an uncut cock."

"We can take care of that right now," Roger stated, pushing his boxers down and exposing his nice sheathed, pecker, "Feel away."

At long last, Jake was getting the opportunity to feel Roger’s uncut pecker, and Roger offered it to him. Jake tenderly wrapped his fingers around it, enjoying the sensation of touching the velvety surface of Roger’s foreskin. Jake was captivated by the softness of the foreskin.

"Wow!" Jake remarked, "It’s—so—soft, and so different. I love the feel of it." Jake inadvertently stroked it softly a couple times and it started to bone up.

"Okay, Bro," Roger said, grinning, "you’ve felt it enough for today, let it go, you’re making me hard!" Jake pulled his hand off, and glanced at Roger’s smiling face. Roger was smiling with pleasure, he couldn’t deny that Jake’s hand on his pecker didn’t feel nice, or maybe, downright awesome. Roger didn’t need any additional arousal, he already felt like he wanted to rub it off. Roger pulled his boxers back up, and put on his pants, trying to hide his boner.

Jake went to his room and dressed, and Roger finished dressing, and they both went down to the kitchen. Lee walked in just a couple of minutes later and the family enjoyed some of Tonya’s culinary skills. They all prepared to head to school for the game, Lee driving, with Tonya up front, and Jake and Roger assuming the back seat together. Jake could see the outline of Roger’s well -endowed pecker, and playfully reached over and gave it a squeeze. Roger frowned at Jake, and quietly pushed Jake’s hand away from the crotch of his pants.

The parking lot was exceptionally full for a Tuesday night game and they had to park quite a ways out. They headed into the school, and the boys bought their student tickets, and Lee bought Adult tickets for Tonya and himself. Jake and Roger had never seen the bleachers as full as they were tonight. In order to sit together, they had to go up to the third tier, as the bottom and second tiers were filled. (They’d been in the habit of sitting down in the bottom row for previous games.)

Both teams had already completed their warm-ups, the Owls on one end of the court, and the Lions on the other end. The players all went to their benches, and the Dunbar HS Band began to play the National Anthem. Everyone stood, facing the Flag, and placed their right hands over their hearts. The Anthem was finished.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GIRLS AND BOYS, AND PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS, WELCOME TO THE FINAL REGULAR SEASON BASKETBALL GAME HOSTED BY THE DUNBAR LIONS!" The announcer’s voice stated. Laughter erupted.

"TONIGHT, THE DUNBAR LIONS ARE HOSTING THE ODESSA OWLS AND BEFORE WE ANNOUNCE THE STARTING LINEUP OF BOTH TEAMS, DUNBAR’S COACH WISE WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A FEW WORDS, COACH?"

"Thank you, I HAVE TO ADMIT, I’M A LITTLE OVERWHELMED TONIGHT. IT’S A RARE SIGHT TO LOOK OVER AND SEE THESE BLEACHERS COMPLETELY FULL OF SPECTATORS AND SUPPORTERS, AS THEY ARE TONIGHT. I WISH TO THANK EVERY STUDENT, EVERY FACULTY MEMBER, EVERY PARENT AND SO MANY OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY FOR TAKING THE TIME TO COME OUT TONIGHT TO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!"

*APPLAUSE*

Coach Wise continued. "IN MY (thinking) NINE YEARS OF BEING THE LIONS BASKETBALL COACH, THIS CURRENT TEAM IS BEST GROUP OF BOYS THAT I’VE EVER HAD THE PRIVELEDGE OF WORKING WITH. MY FRIENDS, THESE YOUNG ATHLETES HAVE A DREAM, THEY DREAM OF BECOMING THE NEXT STATE CHAMPIONS IN THEIR DIVISION. I BELIEVE IT’S A DREAM THAT CAN COME TRUE, BUT THE FIRST STEP IS TO WIN THE PLAYOFFS. TO GET A SLOT IN THE PLAYOFFS, THEY NEED TO BE VICTORIOUS TONIGHT. A LOSS TONIGHT MEANS THE END OF THIS YEARS SEASON. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY RANT."

*APPLAUSE*

The announcer started to name the positions, players’ numbers and names of the visiting team, (The Owls) then started the same procedure for the home team.

"…………..FOR THE LIONS, A FORWARD, WEARING NUMBER 37, A SENIOR, TONY JENKINS, AND FOR THE LIONS, A GUARD, WEARING NUMBER 4, A SENIOR, THOMAS REDBONE, AND LASTLY, FOR THE LIONS, A GUARD, WEARING NUMBER 10, A SENIOR, KEVIN COLLINS."

*APPLAUSE*

Kevin walked onto the court, assuming his starting position. He had visually scanned the bleachers earlier, unable to locate Roger and Jake, but he was certain they were here somewhere. He spotted Jake and Roger, standing and cheering, now he knows where they’re sitting, and he smiled. He just knew that his number one fans wouldn’t stand him up!

Once the game got under way it turned into a pretty good game. During the first half, the Owls and the Lions swapped leads often. At half time the Lions were up by 2, 33 to 31 with lots of clock left. Kevin had spotted his parents, and asked them not to leave right at the end of the game because he wanted to introduce someone to them.

Crunch time! The teams are tied at 64 and Kevin has the ball with 48 seconds on the clock. Collins, Redbone, Collins, The Owls can’t afford to let KC attempt the hoop, he’s too good—foul! Collins to the foul line, with six seconds on the clock. It’s a 1 + 1.

Kevin aimed, and fired the first foul shot—whoosh! Nothing but net! The second shot bounced off the rim and one of the Owls caught it, passed it to another player, who fired—Airball! Buzzer, game over, Lions win by one point, 65 to 64. Once again, KC is the hero, his foul shot won the game. THE LIONS WILL GO TO THE PLAYOFFS!

While most of the boys from both teams headed to the boys’ locker room, Kevin found Lee and Tonya, and dragged them over to where Kurt and Audrey were waiting. As you may recall, Tonya and Jake spent Christmas with Kurt, Audrey and Kevin. Audrey and Tonya shared a friendly woman to woman hug.

Lee, extending his hand, "Kurt, long time no see." Lee and Kurt shook hands.

Kevin, surprised, "You guys know each other?"

"Of course we do, Son," Kurt replied, "When caring parents have sons that are sleeping over at each others homes, we make it a point to at least meet the other boys parents. So your Mom and I got to know Roger’s parents, Lee and Sandra."

"Okay," Kevin said, "I’m gonna leave you guys to catch up on old times, and go grab my shower. Catch you all later." Kevin headed to the locker room.

"Lee," Kurt said, "Kevin told me about—Sandra—I was so sorry for you and Roger."

"It was quite devastating," Lee stated, "especially for Roger. But it’s in the past, and we’re moving forward with our lives. I was fortunate enough to meet this lovely lady on New Years Eve, and Tonya and I are now in a relationship."

"Are you and Tonya just dating—or is it—something more?" Kurt asked.

Lee, smiling, "It’s more, as of last Saturday we’ve formed a quasi family, Tonya and Jake have moved in with Roger and me."

"I feel like it’s a winning relationship," Lee added, "Tonya and I no longer have to sleep alone, and Jake and Roger are like brothers. Tonya and Roger seem to have developed a Mother and Son relationship, and I’m doing my very best to be a loving Dad to Jake. With Kevin and Jake, the way they are, I feel like I have three wonderful sons, and I love them all." Tonya and Audrey both were smiling.

"In all honesty, Lee," Kurt said, "when Kevin first came out to us, Audrey and I weren’t too excited about his sexuality, but we’ve grown to love Jake like a second son too. They are a really handsome couple together, and if they’re happy, I think that’s what is important." Lee smiled, realizing that he and Kurt think alike.

"I’m wondering," Audrey commented, "where they’re relationship will go after Kevin graduates."

"What does he plan to do," Tonya inquired, "after graduation?"

"He’s hoping to get a basketball scholarship, and go to college," Audrey replied, "otherwise, he may go to Community College."

"I think we’ll find out in the fall just how strong their love is," Kurt said, "If Kevin goes away to college, and their love is real, they will stick it out and wait for each other. If it’s just a fling, they’ll probably both find new boyfriends."

Audrey and Tonya discussed planning some family get-togethers, just the four adults, with Kevin and Jake, Roger, and likely, Gina. With the addition of the new pool, pool parties will be likely. They all bid each other farewell, Kurt and Audrey headed home, Lee and Tonya gathered up Jake and Roger and also headed home. Kevin would be returning to Lee and Tonya’s for the night after he finished showering, to sleep with his boyfriend.

The rest of the week was pretty normal. Playoffs would be taking place on Friday night and Saturday, not this weekend, but the following weekend.

* * * * * *

Saturday morning Jake had his phone alarm set to go off at 9:00 AM as he needed to get ready to be at Vinnie’s by 11:00 AM to start his training. After silencing the alarm, he rolled over and planted his lips on Kevin’s, kissing his boyfriends lips sweetly.

"Morning baby," Kevin said, "you’re starting your new job today, aren’t you?"

"Yeah, why else would I set the alarm to wake up at this ungodly hour on a Saturday morning!" Jake answered.

"How are you planning to get there?" Kevin asked.

"I think Mom can take me, but I was hoping you might take me in," Jake replied.

"I’ll be happy to take you to Vinnie’s," Kevin answered, "In that case, I guess I need to get up too." Both boys headed to the bathroom and stood together in front of the toilet, releasing their bladders, then dressed and wandered down to the kitchen. Lee and Tonya were both sitting at the table having coffee, and Tonya poured two more mugs for Jake and Kevin.

"Let me fix you boys some breakfast," Tonya said, "working class boys need to eat a hearty breakfast before going to work, it wouldn’t be good to show up for work with an empty tummy! Kevin, what are you doing today while Jake is at work?"

"I figured I’d go spend some time with Mom and Dad today after I drop Jake off at Vinnie’s. Baby, call me when you are getting off, and I’ll come and get you."

"I have no idea when Vinnie will let me go," Jake stated, "and I haven’t seen a schedule yet, it’s only my first day. Maybe Vinnie can tell us what time I’m getting off today." The boys finished breakfast, and headed to Kevin’s car, and then to Vinnie’s. Just as Kevin and Jake pulled up and parked in front of Vinnie’s, Thomas was walking around to the front from in back of the building, and smiled, seeing Kevin and Jake arriving. It was only 10:50 AM.

Thomas, bumping fists with both boys, "There’s my trainee! Nice finish to the game Tuesday night KC, it got us into the playoffs! Jake, if you should happen to drive in to work, Vinnie prefers that employees park in back, and leave the front open for customers."

Thomas tried the door and it was still locked, so he tapped on the window. A couple of minutes later, Vinnie opened the door and let the boys in.

Vinnie, looking at Kevin and extending his hand, "I’m Vinnie, should I assume that you are Jake’s boyfriend?"

"Sorry boss," Thomas said, "you’re right, Jake’s boyfriend and one of my favorite teammates, Kevin Collins." Vinnie and Kevin shared a handshake. Kevin relaxed a little, it seems that Vinnie has no animosity toward his and Jake’s relationship.

"Guys," Vinnie stated, "congratulations on your win the other night. In view of the Lions win, and their place now in the playoffs, we need to maybe revamp Jake’s training schedule. Let’s have a seat." Vinnie pointed to a table and they all sat down.

"Thomas, will you guys be having any more practice sessions this week?" Vinnie asked.

"No sir," Thomas replied, "our next event will be the first game of the playoffs on Friday night, and if we win that game, one or two games next Saturday."

"That’s what I thought," Vinnie said, "with Thomas at the playoffs next weekend, it’s going to leave me a little short handed. I’d like to have Jake trained, and able to function on his own by Friday night. Thomas, are you able to work, and finish training Jake on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings this week?"

"Vinnie," Thomas stated, "I feel that Jake is smart, and eager to learn. (Jake grinned) That gives us all day today and tomorrow, plus a couple of weeknights. I think I can have Jake rolling on his own at least by Wednesday night!"

"Great!" Vinnie exclaimed. "I want Jake to shadow you today, and you can shadow him tomorrow, and give him a hand when he needs it. I’ve already got Jake in the system, so take him back and show him how to clock in, and he’s all yours."

"Come on Jake," Thomas said, and Jake rose and followed Thomas to a terminal behind the counter. Kevin rose, ready to leave.

"Kevin," Vinnie stated, "it’s a pleasure to meet you and I expect we’ll be seeing each other quite often. Don’t worry about Jake, I’ve got a gut feeling that he is going to do just fine. He’s training with one of my best servers." Kevin and Vinnie shook hands, and Kevin left, heading toward his parent’s house.

"Jake," Thomas stated, "everything we do is tied to our employee number, which is the last four of our social security numbers. I’m putting in my number, and the system comes up with ‘clock in’, and four choices, manager, server, cook, and trainee. I’m selecting ‘server’ and it gives two choices, clock in and clock out, so I select ‘clock in, and enter. Now it says ‘you are clocked in as server’ so I’m now on the clock. Jake, put in your number."

"I don’t know what it is?" Jake said.

"The last four of your social," Thomas said. Jake pulled out his wallet and looked at his SS Card, the last four numbers were 0253. Jake put in the numbers, and the system showed ‘clock in’ and Jake accepted it, then displayed the four choices.

"You need to choose ‘trainee’" Thomas stated, and Jake selected trainee, the screen stated ‘you are clocked in as trainee’. "There, we are both clocked in." Jake smiled. "When we get customers today, I just want you to follow me around, and see what I do, so you can duplicate it tomorrow."

"Do I get paid for today?" Jake asked.

"Sure," Thomas replied, "as a trainee, you get more per hour than we do as servers, but the servers get tips, and trainee’s don’t. Whatever tips we get together are mine, but when you are trained, and clocked in as a server, your tips are all yours. Sometime we get large parties, like ten or even twenty people eating together, and two servers work together to serve them. In that case, the servers normally split the tips."

"Jake," Vinnie stated, "just to give you an idea, Saturdays usually slow up after the early rush. Unless we’re really busy, I plan to let you and Thomas clock out about 8:00 PM tonight, in case you wanted to let your ride know."

"Thanks, Vinnie," Jake replied, "I’ll give Kevin a call, and tell him I should be getting off at 8:00."

Thomas continued to train Jake throughout the rest of Saturday and through the early rush. The evening crew came in about 5:00 PM, and Vinnie let Thomas and Jake both clock out at about 8:00 PM and told them he would expect them both back at 11:00 AM Sunday. Jake had called Kevin and informed him that he should be getting off at 8:00.

* * * * * *

Kevin arrived at his home about 11:30 after taking Jake to work.

"I’m surprised to see you alone," Audrey stated, "you and Jake aren’t having differences are you?"

"Oh, no, Mom," Kevin replied, "Jake just started his new job today at Vinnie’s and I just took him to work. We’re fine, he’s going to call me when he finds out what time he gets off, so I can go and pick him up." Audrey breathed a sigh of relief. She and Kurt have both developed a love for Jake, and don’t wish for the boys to have trouble in paradise. It seems that their relationship is pretty strong.

Kevin went through his mail, which was mostly college catalogs, and application forms. He had applied to a half a dozen colleges, hoping for a basketball scholarship from one of them, but nothing has yet developed. Two of the colleges did state that they were interested, but no offer yet.

Kevin spent considerable time discussing the possibility of the Lions getting into the state championships. A lot hangs on how well they do in the playoffs next weekend. If they can win in the playoffs, they should be in the running for the state champs. The dream is not dead—not yet!

About 5:00 PM Kevin’s phone rang, and he looked at the screen but didn’t recognize the number and answered with apprehension.

"Hello?" Kevin said.

"Kevin," Evan said, "This is your Uncle Evan."

"Hi Uncle Evan," Kevin said, "how did you get my number?"

Evan, chuckling, "Maybe your Dad has a big mouth, I’ve got a young man here that’s dying to speak with you!" Evan handed the phone to Chris, and Chris spoke, "Kevin, gosh I’ve missed you and Jake so much!"

"We’ve missed you too, Chris," Kevin stated, "What’s happening in your life, buddy?"

"I’ve got good news!" Chris exclaimed, excitedly, "Mommy and Daddy got me a big bed, so when you and Jake come down for Easter, we can all sleep together—like we did at Christmas!"

"That sounds great, Chris," Kevin replied, "but I don’t think we could come without being invited, and as far as I know, we haven’t been invited."

"Just a minute, Kevin, don’t hang up," Chris said. Kevin could hear some chatter between Chris and Evan, and Evan came back on the phone.

"Kevin," Evan stated, "I thought that was already settled, that you and Jake, and your parents were coming down here for Easter. How is your school schedule, for the Easter weekend?"

"We’re off on Good Friday, and then we have Spring Break the whole next week, starting the day after Easter," Kevin replied.

"So you and Jake don’t necessarily HAVE to return on Easter Sunday, you don’t have school that week, am I right?" Evan asked.

"I think Dad has to be at work the day after Easter," Kevin stated, "but if Jake and I drive down separately, we could maybe spend a couple of extra days down there."

"Just to set things straight," Evan stated, "you and Jake are invited here for Easter weekend, and Chris also has the same school schedule, with that week off. Can you guys head our way on Good Friday, and Kurt and Audrey would be coming in on Saturday. We'd all have Easter Sunday to spend together, and you two could maybe hang around for a couple of extra days. That would make a young man very happy."

"I think," Kevin replied, "it would make three young men very happy, Jake and I both love the devil out of Chris, and we’d love to have a couple of extra days to entertain him."

"OK, Kevin, save my phone number, and I’ll text you our address so you can save it in your GPS. Julie and I will be expecting you and Jake to arrive sometime on Good Friday. If you boys can take off early enough Friday, we’ll plan on you for dinner that night."

"Thanks, Uncle Evan," Kevin said, "we’ll be looking forward to Easter Weekend, and I’ll let you know if anything changes. Give Aunt Julie and Christopher our love. Bye, for now."

"Kevin, we love you both," Evan said, "relay our love to Jake for us, and we’ll see you soon." Kevin and Evan hung up. Kevin is excited! He can barely wait to tell Jake the news.

Kevin explained to Audrey and Kurt their plans for Easter Weekend.

Kurt, grinning, "I knew Evan’s plans, when he called me and asked for your number. He thinks Christopher is in love with you and Jake."

"Chris is a beautiful young man," Kevin replied, "and so much fun to be around. I know that Jake and I both have nothing but hearts full of love for Chrissie. We do have to use some discretion, especially when sleeping with Chris, we can’t sleep naked, and we have to sneak our affections for each other."

"You boys sleep naked?" Audrey questioned, a bit shocked.

"Hun," Kurt said, grinning, "I already told you that. They’re almost adults, and if they’re comfortable sleeping that way, I see no reason to intervene. Some experts claim that it’s the healthiest way to sleep, and everyone should enjoy sleeping raw."

"I know that we’ve had times we slept that way," Audrey admitted, "but only when, you know………….."

"Right!" Kurt exclaimed, "Maybe if we started to sleep naked, we’d have sex more often." Audrey’s face turned red.

Kevin, surprised, "You guys still have sex?"

"Of course we do, Son," Kurt answered, grinning, "we’re only twenty years older than you, and we’re not over the hill, yet!"

"I just thought," Kevin said, "that when people get to be your age, they didn’t have sex anymore."

"You thought wrong," Kurt added, "and I’m willing to venture that, if you and Jake are still in love at our age, you’ll still be practicing sex too, just maybe not as often as you do today."

"You think that Jake and I have had sex?" Kevin asked.

"Kevin," Kurt explained, "once upon a time I was a teenage boy, and I’m well aware of how hormones affect us. I’m not naive, and I know the attraction between you and Jake is more than just a desire to hold hands and kiss. All boys have a need to unload now and then. I’m not an expert in gay lovemaking, and I can only imagine what two boys might do with each other, and I’m sure you and Jake have done some experimenting." Now it’s Kevin’s face that is crimson. Neither Kevin nor Kurt seemed to wish to carry this conversation any further.

"Honey," Audrey asked, "when are you supposed to pick up Jake from work?"

"He’s supposed to get off at about 8:00 PM," Kevin replied, "and we’ll likely return to his house for the night. He has to be back for more training tomorrow at 11:00 AM."

"I have our dinner in the crockpot," Audrey stated, "and there is plenty for you to have dinner with us. It’s ready now, do you think Jake would want to eat here, and I can keep some warm for him."

"I doubt he’ll be hungry," Kevin said, "he is working at Vinnie’s and he’ll probably be snacking on pizza there. But I’m hungry enough to eat his share too!" Audrey grinned, and dished up three bowls of beef stew with dumplings, and they ate as a family of three.

* * * * * *

Meanwhile, at the pizzeria:

"Jake," Thomas asked, "I know you just moved, where do you live now?"

"1209 Spring Grove Dr.," Jake replied, "it’s in the Alderwood subdivision."

"Thomas, grinning, "I know, I live at 610 Alderwood Rd., Jake, we’re neighbors! I go right past Spring Grove Dr. every time I go anywhere."

"Wow," Jake said, "small world, huh?"

"Look, Jake," Thomas stated, "while you’re in training, we have identical work schedules. If you let me take you home tonight, so I can see exactly where your house is, I can pick you up in the morning, and you can ride with me to work tomorrow. It’ll save Kevin some time and gas." Jake likes this friendly offer.

"Okay, Thomas," Jake said, "and Kevin can sleep in tomorrow." Jake called Kevin, and Kevin answered on the second ring.

"Are you off already, baby?" Kevin asked.

"No, but I’m not needing you to pick me up," Jake said, "Thomas lives in the same neighborhood as I do, and offered to drop me off tonight and pick me up tomorrow as we have identical schedules."

"That’ll work out well, baby. I wanted to spend more time with Mom and Dad, and if it’s okay with you, I might spend the night here. I will miss having you by my side!"

"I’ll miss you too baby," Jake replied, "I guess we’ll see each other sometime tomorrow. I love you baby!"

"I love you too, sweetheart, and I’ll see you tomorrow." They both hung up. Kevin is just a little concerned. He trusts his boyfriend completely, but he doesn’t trust Thomas. Why is Thomas being so nice to Jake? Hopefully, he’s just being paranoid. He’s never known Thomas to be attracted to any boy.

After dinner Kevin and Kurt went through the stack of college catalogs, sorting them into three piles, Most Desirable, Maybe, and Forget It. Kevin is still hopeful that he might get a basketball scholarship offer. Kevin told his parents that Thomas Redbone, one of his teammates, was training Jake at the pizzeria and was taking Jake home and picking him up in the morning, and that he was sleeping here at home tonight.

About 8:00 PM Vinnie told Jake to go ahead and clock out, and checked out Thomas, giving him his tips, and told both boys he would see them in the morning. They walked around to the back of the store, and Thomas pointed out his car, a red van. He unlocked the doors and Jake sat in the passenger seat, and Thomas drove them toward their subdivision.

Out of the blue Thomas asked, "Jake, do you ever suck dick?"

"Thomas!" Jake exclaimed, snickering, "You know that KC and I are a gay couple, what do you think we do in bed together? Of course I do, but just Kevin’s, and he sucks mine too. Neither one of us are into sucking other boys dicks!"

"Hey, Jake," Thomas replied, "I’m not gay, so I really didn’t know, I was just curious. No offense, and I wasn’t picking."

Thomas turned onto Spring Grove Dr. "Which house is yours?"

"That one right THERE!" Jake pointed, and Thomas pulled into the driveway. "Thanks for the lift."

"You’re welcome, Jake," Thomas stated, "I need to give you a heads up, I usually drive this van, but both cars are my parents, and sometime they need the van. If I’m not driving this, I’ll be driving a dark blue Subaru sedan. Look for me just a little past 10:30 in the morning, and we’ll go to Vinnie’s and do it all again. Goodnight, Jake."

"Goodnight Thomas," Jake replied, grinning, "hey, don’t rub it off too hard tonight, you might make that pecker sore!" Thomas grinned and backed out of the drive, and headed home, all of three blocks away. On the way, Thomas is thinking, Jake is cool, and someone he can kid around with. He is going to enjoy working with Jake, even if Jake is gay.

* * * * * *

Sunday morning Tonya was up and made coffee. Jake’s phone alarm sounded at 9:00 AM, he got up, grabbed a quick shower, pulled on clean boxers and headed downstairs, joining Tonya.

"Where is Kevin today?" Tonya asked.

"He stayed over with his parents last night, he’ll likely be around later today." Jake replied.

"Do you need me to take you in to work today?" Tonya asked.

"No, Mom, Thomas, my coworker that is training, me lives right here in Alderwood, and he’s picking me up about 10:30. Our schedules are the same while he is training me, and he’ll probably be bringing me home too. If not, I’ll have Kevin pick me up."

"So how’s the training going, and how do you like the job, so far?" Tonya asked.

"I think I’m going to like it," Jake said, "yesterday Vinnie had me just follow Thomas around, and observe how everything was done. Today we’re switching, and Thomas will be following me, to help me if I get into a bind. I’m kind of anxious to finish training, so I can be on my own, and start making some tips." Jake finished breakfast and went outside to wait for Thomas. A few minutes later Thomas pulled in, driving the Subaru, and Jake slid into the passenger seat. Unlike the van, the Subaru is a 5-speed stick shift.

Thomas pulled onto the road and floored it, squealing the tires, and accelerating quickly. Jake glanced at Thomas, who was grinning.

Thomas, glancing back, and grinning, "I like driving this car better, its got balls!"

"I took my driver’s test with Kevin’s stick," Jake said, "I think, when I buy my car I’m gonna try to find a 5 speed, I kinda like having the clutch, and the shifter."

Thomas, pulling off on the side of the road, "Wanna give it whirl?" Without a word, the boys swapped seats, and Jake drove the rest of the way to Vinnie’s, pulling around back and parking.

Jake, handing the keys to Thomas, "It’s a nice driving car, thanks."

Thomas, noticing two bags of trash sitting by the back door, "Fucking lazy-ass closers! They’re supposed to put the trash into the Dumpster. Jake, grab one and I’ll get the other." They dropped the trash into the Dumpster, then walked around to the front, to enter and start their day.

Thomas, as soon as Vinnie let them in, "Vinnie, the closers last night just dropped the trash outside the door, if dogs had gotten into it we’d have had a hell of a mess to clean up this morning."

"Thanks for bringing that to my attention," Vinnie said, "I’ll address that with them, and I’ve got a bone to pick with you too. You guys didn’t wrap your silver, so the night crew had a double amount to wrap. I’m not blaming you, Jake, Thomas should have showed you how to wrap it before you clocked out last night."

"I’m trying to plan next weeks schedule," Vinnie stated, "Thomas will be in the playoffs Friday night and Saturday, and I’m really going to need you up to par, Jake. Think you’ll be ready?"

"I hope so," Jake replied, "Thomas has been teaching me well, but this is only my second day of training."

"Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually slow. I’m going to have the girls work those two day shifts, and you two together those nights, both as servers, and closers. I’m scheduling you both from 4:00 PM to close at 9:00, but you’ll both be clocking in as servers. Jake, Thomas and I will both be around if you need any assistance. I have confidence in you Jake, and I think you’ll do fine."

"By the way, Jake," Vinnie said, "I’ve ordered Polo shirts for you, and they should be in by mid-week. I’ve got a couple of used ones in the office. They’re used, but I’ve laundered them, so they are clean, you can wear one of them today." Jake smiled, at least he’ll look like an employee, if he is wearing a Vinnie’s shirt.

Thomas and Jake both headed to the men’s rest room, Thomas needed to pee and Jake to change shirts.

"Thomas, is your pecker sore today?" Jake asked, grinning.

"Nope," Thomas replied, grinning, "we took a shower last night and I soaped it up good, making it nice and slippery, and everything worked out fine!" Both boys laughed.

Jake was clocked in as a trainee, and Thomas concentrated in showing Jake how to take customers orders, and how to put them into the system, using Thomas’s number. Thomas would still be getting his tips today, but Jake would be doing most of the work. They worked together well, and Thomas made sure they wrapped the silverware before they clocked out. They shared the chore of sweeping around the tables, and clocked out about 7:30 PM. Jake took the extra used polo and the shirt he’d worn in that morning and dropped them both into a plastic bag before he and Thomas left.

Jake, on the drive to Alderwood, "Did you really jack off in the shower last night?"

"Yep," Thomas replied, chuckling, "I needed to drop a load. The neat thing about doing it in the shower, is that the water washes away the evidence, and nobody knows what you did, except you."

"I never thought about that," Jake said, "but the very first time I cummed, back when I was, I think, thirteen, was in the shower."

"Did you even know what you were doing?" Thomas asked.

"Nope," Jake replied, grinning, "It was soaped up, and slippery, and I was playing with it, and it got stiff. The more I played with it the better it felt, and then I thought I was pissing, and that white stuff shot out of my pee slit!"

Thomas, laughing, "I suppose you never did it again?"

"Yeah, right!" Jake exclaimed, "If I had a dollar for every time I jacked off after that, I’d be a rich boy."

"I can relate," Thomas stated, smiling, "my hand and my cock are pretty good friends. How often do you do it, now?"

"Not too often," Jake said, "My boyfriend and I take pretty good care of each other."

"Well, I don’t go that way," Thomas stated, "but I sure could use a girlfriend to help me get some relief! I’ll bet I grow boners about six or eight times a day sometimes. Well, we’re at your house."

"Thomas," Jake stated, "I really think you’re a pretty cool dude, and this conversation has been—interesting! I appreciate the ride."

"Hey, look, Jake," Thomas suggested, "We’re both scheduled at 4:00 on Tuesday, bring your work shirt to school Tuesday, and we can leave right from school and head to Vinnie’s. You know my cars now, we can just hook up in the student parking lot. When we close, I’ll bring you home, just like tonight."

"Sound’s like a plan, Thomas," Jake said, "So I guess I’ll see you on Tuesday, have a good night."

"You too, Jake," Thomas said, waving and backing out. Kevin came out of the house to greet his boyfriend, and waved at Thomas, and Thomas waved back at him. Kevin and Jake shared a romantic kiss and hug, and both boys entered into the house.

"I got some good news, baby," Kevin stated, "let’s get a drink and sit at the table." Both boys grabbed a soda, and sat together at the kitchen table. "How is the new job going?"

"Pretty good, I think," Jake said, "Thomas trained me yesterday and today, and I did all the work today. Thomas just helped me here and there. Vinnie has us both scheduled 4:00 PM to close on Tuesday and Wednesday, as servers, so I’ll be taking care of my own tables, come Tuesday night. Thomas and I are going to work Tuesday, right from school, and he’ll drop me off here after work. What’s the good news?"

"We’re spending Easter weekend with Chris, and of course, with Uncle Evan and Aunt Julie. I received a call from Uncle Evan yesterday, and he let Chris share some of the news with me. Chris told me that his parents got him a big bed, so we can all sleep together, like we did at Christmas." Jake grinned, ear to ear.

"Gosh, I love that young man so much," Jake said, "he is so much fun to be around. I love us sleeping together, except for the fact that we can’t sleep naked, and we have to hide our feelings for each other."

"Yeah," Kevin responded, "that’s a bummer, but it’s only for four, or maybe five nights."

"How do you figure, baby," Jake said, "it’s only Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday. We’ll probably need to come home on Sunday afternoon."

"We’re on Spring Break the week after Easter, and so is Chris," Kevin stated. "Uncle Evan suggested that we could maybe spend a couple of extra days, like Monday and Tuesday with them and Chris. I know Dad has to be back to work on Monday, but we don’t have to be back so soon."

"That would mean that I would need to try and get five days off from work in a row," Jake stated, "I need to talk with Vinnie, I like my new job, and I don’t want to lose it already."

"Vinnie should still be open," Kevin said, "let’s go talk with him now, so we can plan accordingly."

Kevin and Jake entered the pizzeria and talked with Vinnie. Vinnie said that they would be closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, and they’re always closed on Mondays. So Jake really only needed Saturday and Tuesday off, and he could schedule Jake off for those two days. Problem solved! Easter weekend won’t be coming for another three weeks anyway. Good Friday is April 6th and Easter Sunday is April 8th.

 

To be continued...………….

Do you like it? Yes or No! Comments tell me which way to go!
Coming in Chapter 21
Thomas propositions Jake
J&J spend Easter with Jeff’s family, Kevin & Jake (K&J) spend Easter with Chris
K&J take Chris to the Beach, K&J take Chris to the Carnival
Kevin receives a scholarship offer
The new pool is installed
Graduations are approaching: Jeff on June 2nd, Kevin on June 8th
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. The family has settled in well together. Has Thomas got an ulterior motive for being nice to Jake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..