Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 76 Words
  • 954 Views
  • 10 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

timmy's poetry - 60. Sentinel

just looking out the window at the world ...

Sentinel

 

The sun is bold today, glaring down with golden light

Leaves on trees finally yellow and green, dance in the wind

Like glowing, flitting insects

And the world ever turns, bringing death and life abundant

I find myself thinking of life, rather than living it

Like I am here only to record what I see and feel in reaction

But never part of the change, only to be ever observant.

 

 

*******************************************************************

thanks for reading ... hope you decide to write..
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Beautiful tim. A complete Fall picture in a reflective and curious moment. You are not merely an observer... You participate and engage my dear friend. xoxo

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I found this poem to be both visually inspiring, and emotional as well. Seeing the light through the leaves, and feeling a sense of wanting to be a part of it.

 

Loved it, tim. Loved it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/3/2017 at 10:52 AM, BlindAmbition said:

Beautiful tim. A complete Fall picture in a reflective and curious moment. You are not merely an observer... You participate and engage my dear friend. xoxo

Thank you jp,  I appreciate you reading.. xoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, Parker Owens said:

You describe such golden autumn days, rare as fine amber, ever beautiful in memory. Their permanence there accentuates the changes you perceive, experience and record. I love the way you talk about having stepped out of the stream to observe it; yet the observer is always part of that stream, or so quantum physics tells us. 

Thank you Parker. I often feel like i'm just here to watch... thanks for your comments. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, AC Benus said:

I think you put into words the poet's lot in life. Brilliant. 

Awww, thanks very much AC.  xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/3/2017 at 1:06 PM, dughlas said:

You can step out of life to observe but it's inevitable, you will return to the ebb and flow.

Thanks dugh, I'm sure you're right.. thanks for reading.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/3/2017 at 9:31 PM, BHopper2 said:

I found this poem to be both visually inspiring, and emotional as well. Seeing the light through the leaves, and feeling a sense of wanting to be a part of it.

 

Loved it, tim. Loved it.

Thanks very much A!. Glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate your comments. xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..