Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 123 Words
  • 2,248 Views
  • 21 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

timmy's poetry - 57. daniel

a true story ...

daniel

 

poor boy

when you were little

just a young thing

you got into trouble,

and you’d never get out

 

from your mom and gran

money you stole

it was their last straw

out you were thrown

and the big city drew you

 

trouble did too

seven years on the street

at age twenty-three

you drew your last breath

betrayed by your friends

 

people you knew

beat you to death

and left you alone

but later returned

to set you alight

 

your family buried you

on a bright sunny day

with tears in their eyes

and remorse in their hearts

as your name left their lips

 

 

RIP

for daniel smith, beaten to death by friends with a hammer. he'd been on the street for 7 years. he was 23
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Sad 12
  • Angry 1
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

pain, emptiness, horror ring through this. you made me weep for a boy i never knew. the most painful thing about this, is that there was a real life named daniel you honor him tonight, tim

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim knows only too well of life on the streets. He's written much about his own time there, and how it feels to be truly invisible.  The detectives did a wonderful job,  it wouldn't have too many years ago, when a case like this would have been pushed aside.

I agree it's heartening to see the justice system working for the people on the street who are so often overlooked, even if it meant little in the end to this poor young man.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BDANR said:

A tragic and disturbing loss. This is a meaningful and personable tribute to Daniel. RIP.

hey.. thanks for reading and your comments .. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..