Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 100 Words
  • 1,072 Views
  • 23 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

timmy's poetry - 55. Cooling

Blame the day ...

Barren branches reach skywards

No leaf or stalk or stem is seen

All that remains is a single nest

Made of twigs and shiny paper

 

I walk over cool green grass

Disturbed; a little moth flies

Wings as white as silvery snow

It flutters here and everywhere

 

Cold Autumn rains dampen all,

The ground and the happiest.

Winds from the north blow, harsh

Reminding, this will soon be snow

 

The world is slowly cooling down

Nights are longer, mornings dark.

Creatures prepare, as do we

Pulling out winter wear and long johns

 

******************************

from what i've seen this week...
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 6
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

10 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I felt the cold and dampness in my bones as I read this. your attention to each and every detail illustrating the change of season is exquisite.

thank You, Sir.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Beautiful and evocative. Made me feel the slowing , darkening of the season , even though we're entering summer here . 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Your powers of description are keen and strong. I can feel the cold, wet rain, and see the bare branches of which you write. And you make me feel for that lost little white moth, with seemingly no place to go before the snow arrives. I especially liked happiest winds from the north blow....  for it often seems that the north wind takes joy in its task of changing the season.

 

Thank you for this wonderful poem.

Thank you so much Parker ... such a tiny thing this moth ... I've seen them all my life, yet I've never really thought about them before. Thanks for reading and your comments, my friend. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, BDANR said:

Very lovely. I was just taking a walk last night getting excited by the fall weather and you described it so well. Another great piece, Timmy :D!

Thank you very much .. i enjoy autumn as well. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, dughlas said:

It is amazing how quickly some trees lose their leaves and how desparately others cling to theirs. I saw a pair of your white moths flitting through my garden earlier in the week. Time to grab a sweater ...

Lovely words tim.

Yes, it's cooling,  but i like it. As i said to Parker, i've never thought about what moths do in winter.. time for some research... and yes, a sweater!  Thanks dugh xo

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

You paint a vivid picture tim.. Fall is my favorite.. 

Nicely done. 

Thanks very much, boss!  My fav too!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Think we saw the same thing?😏

 

10 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I think we did, Agent D.

Great minds, etc.!  Thanks you, two!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Beautiful imagery tim. Love the description. Reminds me of Autumn growing up in Jersey. The most peaceful season to me. xoxo

Thank you, jp. It is peaceful for the most part, isn't it? Do you miss having seasons where you are?  Or are they there, but just much more understated and less defined? 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, deville said:

Beautiful and evocative. Made me feel the slowing , darkening of the season , even though we're entering summer here . 

Thank you very much, deville. I appreciate it you reading and your comments ... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you, jp. It is peaceful for the most part, isn't it? Do you miss having seasons where you are?  Or are they there, but just much more understated and less defined? 

Here in Vegas we have HOT and really HOT with everything dead. For about 3 months of winter, nights in 30’s. If lucky we get one light dusting of snow. This is becoming rarer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..