Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 2,965 Words
  • 1,149 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Russia - My Home - 22. Chapter 22 War Destruction and Rape of Berlin

Introduction - Wikipedia

Berlin, the capital of Nazi Germany, was subject to 363 air raids during the Second World War. It was bombed by the RAF Bomber Command between 1940 and 1945, by the USAAF Eighth Air Force between 1943 and 1945, and the French Armee de l'Air between 1944 and 1945 as part of the Allied campaign of strategic bombing of Germany. It was also attacked by aircraft of the Red Air Force, especially in 1945 as Soviet forces closed on the city. British bombers dropped 45,517 tons of bombs; the Americans dropped 23,000 tons. As the bombings continued more and more people moved out. By May 1945, 1.7 million people (40% of the population) had fled. Half of all houses were damaged and around a third uninhabitable, as much as 16 km² (6 square miles) of the city was simply rubble.

At least 100,000 women are believed to have been raped in Berlin, based on surging abortion rates in the following months and contemporary hospital reports, with an estimated 10,000 women dying in the aftermath. Female deaths in connection with the rapes in Germany, overall, are estimated at 240,000. The rape of Germany has been described as the ‘greatest phenomenon of mass rape in history’, with at least 1.4 million women being raped in East Prussia, Pomerania and Silesia alone. Soviet soldiers raped German females from eight to eighty years old.

While rape and abuse of Germans was also committed by American, British and French soldiers, those countries officially forbid such abuses and generally punished those involved. However, it is reported that Americans were more likely to punish their black soldiers than white ones. Historians relate that the Soviet command did little to discourage such abuses and actually may have encouraged it as ‘pay back’ for German destruction of Soviet cities and the abuse of its citizens. Soviet officials denied this accusation.

……………………………………………….

Vladek was shocked by the destruction he saw from the air and then from the army convoy as he was driven to the center of Berlin. Although he had witnessed the destruction of Stalingrad and hundreds of towns and villages in the Soviet Union he was amazed and saddened by the ruble of this great world capital, the show place of Hitler’s Nazi Germany.

The condition of Soviet Army headquarters was a surprise. It was one of the few buildings in the area that had not suffered almost total destruction and had been taken over by the Soviet army. It appeared to have been a government office building. Vladek showed his orders to a guard at the door and was told to go to the second floor. After wondering around the floor looking for a reception office he realized he was on the wrong floor. In Germany (and most of Europe) the first floor is one floor up from the main / ground floor while in the Soviet Union (and USA) the first floor is also the main / ground floor. He went up an additional flight of stairs and immediately saw a door with a crude handwritten sign stating it was the reception office. Upon entering he showed the sergeant his orders. The sergeant looked at him and asked why he was sent there. Vladek explained that he was a professional translator of German and both spoke and read the language fluently. The sergeant told him he would have to see the captain for an assignment who would not be in the office until the following morning. He told Vladek he could leave his bag in the office and sleep anyplace he could find a bed or floor space on the top floor. He was also given a document that permitted him to walk the streets of Berlin for the next 48 hours until a permanent document could be issued. The sergeant warned him that the streets were not safe. During the day he should only walk on main streets. At night if he dared venture out he should always be with other soldiers. The citizens of Berlin were starving and desperate for anything that could be traded for food. Vladek understood the conditions and realized a starving person would beg, rob or even kill to provide food for themselves and their hungry children.

Unter den Linden Destruction / Brandenberg Gate

 

As he walked along Unter den Linden, a beautiful boulevard starting at the Brandenburg Gate then running east he was saddened by the destruction. This fashionable street with linden trees in the pedestrian mall between the roadways was the place Berliners would stroll passing the fine restaurants, opera and other palaces of culture. Now the street was filled with rubble and most of the beautiful and historic buildings along the boulevard were either totally destroyed or had suffered significant damage. The few Germans in the neighborhood were pathetic shadows of their past selves. .

Returning to Army Headquarters he went to the reception office and retrieved one of the books Patrick had given him. He had carried these books throughout the war. When he arrived in Berlin his baggage included an extra uniform, shaving and teeth brushing supplies and the books. He had just begun reading Noel Coward’s Private Lives, a comedy play about two divorced couples who had remarried and were honeymooning in adjacent hotel rooms. This light story line was both an interesting insight into American lives and a welcome distraction from the turmoil of the war. He sat on the floor of the hall reading until evening meal time. The meal consisted of thin potato soup (basically water and potatoes), one slice of bread and weak tea. He ate this meager meal realizing almost all Berliners would consider it a feast.

He then went to the top floor and explored the sleeping arrangements. It became apparent he would have nothing but a space on the floor. There would be no bed, blanket or pillow. But the room was warm and dry, a pleasure that most Berliners did not have. Sitting on the floor in a corner he talked to one of the soldiers, a sergeant. He soon realized that the luxury he had in the bed of the General would not be happening in Berlin. After the lights were turned out Vladek laid on the floor near the sergeant. The room soon echoed with the sounds of the twenty soldiers sleeping. He heard movement nearby and observed the sergeant he had been talking to was silently jerking off. Through the moonlit shadows Vladek could see him lying on his back with his dick pointing straight up stroking himself. Vladek watched as he apparently shot his load into a rag. Not needing any encouragement Vladek rolled to his side facing the wall, opened his pants and was soon spraying the wall with his juice.

The next day he went to the reception and arranged to meet with the captain. At the appointed time Vladek entered the captain’s office and introduced himself. The officer appeared to be overwhelmed with his responsibilities. He appeared annoyed that it would be his responsibility to find an appropriate assignment for Vladek. When Vladek told him he had been the aide to thee well known General Valery Karasyovl and had accompanied him to official meetings including some with Stalin the captain immediately changed his attitude. He sent him to the Commander’s office with a note. Since the note was not sealed Vladek read it in the hall. ‘Captain Vladimir Melnikov, formerly an aide to General Valery Karasyovl has extensive experience translating German to Russian both spoken and written. I believe he will be a valuable addition to your staff.’

A smiling Vladek entered the office and was soon given assignments that used his expertise. His proficiency was soon appreciated by the Commander and he was given various tasks. Whenever the commander traveled throughout Berlin or had a meeting that included a German Vladek was at his side. He was soon given his own private office where he prepared or translated various documents. Vladek became one of the most important officers on the Commander’s staff. This relationship was completely different from what Vladek had with the General. He had no desire for a sexual relationship with this fat boorish man with sausage / vodka breath. Vladek did not like the man’s personality or treatment of Germans. But he did realize how lucky he was to have this position.

Vladek befriended two young soldiers, Privates Anatoly and Vasily. Both were twenty-one years old. He learned they were from the same small town between Moscow and Leningrad (now St Petersburg) and had been friends all their lives. The way they interacted with each other made Vladek suspicious of their relationship. They slept together in a corner of the big room where most of the soldiers assigned to headquarters slept. Although Vladek was an officer he had not requested better quarters that his rank would command. Sine he frequently talked with Anatoly and Vasily he slept next to them. One night when the room was lite by a full moon his suspicions were confirmed. He saw the two holding and kissing each other. Their arms were moving with hands obviously stroking each other dicks.

The next morning he told them to come to his office. He told them of his observations. Both were very shaken by the accusation and Anatoly began to cry. “Please do not report us. We will not sleep near each other in the future and will never touch one another again. If some of the tough soldiers are aware we touched each other our lives could be in danger. I know boys and men who have been beaten and raped because they touched other boys and men.”

Vladek told them, “Do not worry. I will not report you. I am totally sympathetic to your situation. You are safe with me.” Vladek then asked a very unusual question, “Do either of you know how to use a typewriter?”

Vasily replied that he had worked in an office prior to his army service and did use a typewriter, but was not very proficient. Vladek told his friends to be careful all the time not just at night concerning their friendship. He told them that he had suspicions about their relationship because of the way they interacted during the day.

Later that same day at a meeting that included Germans and Americans where the German officer was being given orders related to a curfew the Soviets and Americans appeared to be working in harmony. During a break in the discussion Vladek sat next to the Commander and told him what was being translated related to the negotiations with the Americans and what they were saying among themselves was very different. The Americans had provided the English / Russian translator. The Commander was surprised that Vladek also spoke English and was mad as hell to discover that what the Americans were negotiating and what they were saying among themselves was not the same.

That evening the Commander called Vladek to his office. He presented him with a bottle of vodka, sausages and said he would arrange the services of a German woman for the night as a reward for his ability to fool the Americans. Vladek gladly accepted the vodka and sausage. He thanked the Commander for the offer of a woman telling him he feared catching a disease and would not touch a German woman who had most likely been with many other men. He laughed while he said he preferred his hand to the possibility of losing his dick for one night of pleasure. Vladek thought to himself: ‘Would I have been so restrained if the Commander had offered a man for the night?’

The Commander told Vladek that in the future he would accompany him whenever there was a meeting were Germans or Americans were present. Vladek then told the commander that he did have a request. He thanked the Commander for the use of a private office. He told him that he was able to complete more work with the use of the office. He then told the Commander he would be much more efficient and accomplish more work if he had an assistant. He further stated that he had talked to one of the guards, Vasily, who was an experienced typist and asked if he could have the young soldier assigned to him. Before the Commander could reply he continued asking for an aide. As a captain he was entitled to one and would be able to accomplish more work if there was someone to run errands and assist him with laundry and other tasks. He stated that the young guard, Anatoly, seemed to be an efficient and pleasant young man. The Commander granted both requests telling him to give the information to his chief of staff so reassignments could be made.

The following morning Vladek was in his office writing regulations in German that the Russian officials had issued related to food distribution when there was a knock on the door.

“Enter.” Vasily entered and saluted as an enlisted soldier must do when meeting an officer. “What is your business?” Vladek said with a smile on his face.

“Anatoly and I have been assigned to be on your staff. We are to report to you tomorrow. What does this mean?”

“Close the door and I will explain. You will be my office assistant. Your duties will be to type documents for me, file paper work and do whatever tasks are necessary to run this office efficiently. For now there is one small problem. There is no typewriter available. Until I can procure one, which may never happen, you will write documents by hand. I know you will only be able to write in Russian language. We will do the best we can. Anatoly will be my personal assistant. He will clean the office, prepare my clothes and do whatever tasks I assign.”

“I have decided that for us to work most efficiently for the benefit of the Soviet army the three of us should sleep in this room. Starting tonight you and Anatoly will sleep on the floor in the corner behind the file cabinet. I will sleep on the sofa that will be moved into this room. The first task for you and Anatoly tomorrow will be to move it from a room on the top floor. Meanwhile, starting tonight we will all three sleep on the floor, not in the big room upstairs with the others.”

“When working for me I will treat you as an officer would treat an ordinary soldier which means I will show you no respect. I will be hard on you and others may think I am overbearing and mean. As soon as that door is closed I am no longer your captain but your friends. The three of us will be equal. I hope these arrangements are satisfactory?”

Vasily replied, “You know they are. How may we thank you? This is a dream come true. Anatoly and I will be sleeping together for the first time without fear of harassment. You are a true friend. Also working for you will be a pleasure. Working for the head of the guards was not. He is a sadistic animal. He enjoys making our lives miserable. Thank you! Thank you!”

Vladek got up from behind his desk and walked over to the young soldier. He put his arms around him while saying, “You and Anatoly are good men, I fully understand the feelings you have for each other. Tonight I will tell you about my first love, my teacher. Then I will tell you more about my past.” Vladek then kissed the young soldier on the cheek as they continued to embrace.

Later Vladek and the two young soldiers ate supper together with the other men assigned to army headquarters. After supper they went to the sleeping room. Anatoly and Vasily retrieved all their property and sleeping blankets. Since Vladek had moved all his clothes and other belongings to his office the same day he had been assigned it he only needed to retrieve the blanket he had found after a week of sleeping uncovered on the bare floor.

When they returned to the office Vladek said, “I will tell you about my first love and then you will know why I am so sympathetic to your situation.” He then told about his assignment to the German language school. He explained his feelings about one of his teachers, Franz Eberhardt and how he would ask questions after class and then be invited to his room. He told about moving in with Franz to avoid the long commute by tram every morning and evening. He then told about the cold night when he was invited to Franz’s bed so they could both be warm. Their physical nearness brought out their desire for each other which resulted in a wonderful relationship both emotional and sexual which Vladek described without going into detail since he was not sure what these to handsome young men from a small village would understand. He told how they caressed, kissed and brought each to climaxes nightly. He did not go into details of sucking and fucking.

Vladek then announced, “It is time for me to go to bed. Tonight I will be able to do something I enjoy very much that I have not been able to do since arrival Berlin. I will sleep naked.”

He then slowly removed his clothes carefully folding them and placing them on the desk. Naked, he stood, adjusted his foreskin, scratched his ball then took his blanket and laid it on the floor behind the desk. “Good night my friends, have a good sleep.”

Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..