Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 4,053 Words
  • 1,067 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Russia - My Home - 25. Chapter 25 The Russian Arrives in the USA

June 1947

Vladek was asleep dreaming about a sexual encounter with strangers with long black beards and hairy but small dicks when he was awaken by strange vibrations. With eyes shut he did not remember where he was or why there was a rumbling noise. Opening his eyes he remembered being in an aircraft that was taking him to America. The pitch of the engines changed. Two soldiers were walking along the aisle making sure everyone had their seat belts fastened. Vladek asked the soldier next to him, “Are we arriving in America?”

His seatmate replied, “Yes, but not the USA. We will soon land in Gander, Newfoundland. We were told we will be here about an hour while the plane is refueled and a new crew takes over to fly us to the USA.”

Although it was the middle of the night Vladek was surprised with the activity at the airport. Tables with trays of a pastry that he soon learned were called donuts as well as coffee were set up. Smiling men and women happily served the troops. A band played popular music. When a song that started with ‘Yankee Doodle Went to Town’ was played half the troops cheered and sang. Then the other half cheered when a song that began with ‘Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton’ was played and sung. Vladek later learned these two songs unofficially represented the northern and southern parts of the USA. When he asked why there was such a celebration in the middle of the night he was told the citizens of Gander provided the hospitality to thank the Americans for their support during the war. Being one of the closest points of North America to Europe, Newfoundland was a possible target of German navy and aircraft. Newfoundland was an important military objective since it was the refueling location for flights between Europe and America. As an autonomous region it felt especially venerable. Newfoundland did not become a Canadian Province until two years later, 1949. At the beginning of the war the airport at Gander was the largest in the world.

The next time Vladek felt a change in the pitch of the engines the C-54 was making its approach to Andrews Field (renamed Andrews Air Force Base a year later) near Washington DC. As the troops got off the plane they orderly formed into squads and were soon marching toward waiting transport trucks. Vladek suddenly felt very confused. He was standing on USA aground for the first time in his life and had no idea what to do. He felt stranded and left out when someone walked toward him carrying a piece of paper that said ‘Vladimir Melnikov.’ The person had a smile on his face as he stated, “You must be Vladimir. Welcome to the USA. I am Corporal Larry Acton.” Vladek, with a sigh of relief shook the extended hand of the handsome young man.

“Yes, I am Vladimir Melnikov.”

“I will be your guide for the next couple of days.” As they walked to the Corporal’s jeep Vladek was told that he would be taken to Fort McNair which was near Washington. The drive would take less than an hour. I thought you might be hungry so I asked the mess hall for a sandwich. There is also a Coke in the bag. The sandwich was on white bread with something brown that looked like shit and something purple. Biting into it he was surprised by the earthy and sweet taste. He asked the Corporal what was between the slices of bread and was told it was peanut butter and jelly. After a few bites Vladek decided he like this strange food. The almost black contents of the bottle tasted bitter and sweet. Vladek almost spit it out. He thought this must be some kind of alcoholic drink. Being both hungry and thirsty he forced himself to drink his first but certainly not last Coca-Cola.

Upon arrival at Fort McNair the Corporal took Vladek to his new USA home, a small room with a bed, desk, chair, dresser and closet. After showing him the bathroom Corporal Acton suggested they go to the mess hall for dinner. Vladek, who was wearing army fatigues with no insignia, blended in. They went through the mess line. Vladek was impressed by both the quantity and quality of the Army food here as he had been at the American Base in Germany.

Corporal Acton told Vladek that he needed to be processed into the Base.  The following morning he would take Vladek to the various facilities on the base.  There would be a lot of paperwork as well as a physical examination by a doctor.  When not with the Corporal, Vladek should stay in his room.   He then asked Vladek if he was interested in going to a movie that evening at the small theater on the base.  The movie playing, Down to Earth, Down to Earth FilmPoster.jpegwas a musical staring Rita Hayworth and Larry Parks.  Larry Parks 1950.jpg   Based on the reaction of the soldiers to the star Vladek thought, ‘there will be a lot of soldiers jacking off with happy thoughts tonight.’  But for Vladek the 33 year old Kansas born costar, Larry Parks, was the inspiration for his fist later that evening.   It is ironic that while Vladek was never a member of the Communist Party when living in the Soviet Union Larry Parks career ended when he admitted to having once been a member of a Communist Party Cell which led to his blacklisting in Hollywood.

The following morning Corporal Acton escorted Vladek to breakfast and then the first of many meetings he would have during the week. His first visit was to a Captain in the Commander’s office where he was officially welcomed to the USA and Fort McNair. The Captain was friendly and also very efficient. Vladek was told he must turn in all his Russian identity papers and that he would be issued papers that identified him as a ‘guest’ of the USA. He was told that until further notice he was not to leave the base unless he had an official escort. As an officer in the Russian Army he would have the privilege of the use of the officer’s Club on base. The Corporal told Vladek he could eat in the officer’s mess but that he would be alone since the Corporal could not eat there. After lunch with Corporal Acton he was taken to the medical center for a physical examination. .

He was escorted into an examination room where the attendant told him to remove all his clothes except underwear. Nearly naked Vladek sat on a cold steel chair for about fifteen minutes. A heavyset man of about forty entered and introduced himself as Doctor Robinson. Vladek had never before had a physical examination. Since he had never had a serious illness he had never been examined by a doctor for anything. Everything the doctor did was interesting to Vladek. The doctor examined every part of Vladek’s body from head to feet except for the part under his underware. The doctor then pulled up a small stool in front of the standing Vladek and put on a pair of rubber gloves. He asked the Russian to lower his underwear. The doctor leaned in and carefully examined Vladek’s dick. He felt the balls, told Vladek to cough as he checked the crotch area and then pulled back the foreskin. Leaning forward he took a careful look at the dick head. He rolled the skin back over the head and looking up at Vladek and said with a smile on his face, “You certainly appear healthy. I only have one more test to perform. Please turn around, place your hands on the table and lean forward.” As he turned Vladek saw the doctor rub something on his finger that looked like Crisco. The probing of his dick by this less than attractive man had gotten Vladek slightly aroused. He was fighting with himself internally to keep it down while thinking that he was lucky the doctor had not had the smile, hands and body of the attractive movie star, Larry Parks, of the previous evening. If Larry Parks had touched his dick Vladek would not have just gotten hard, he chuckled to himself, he would have shot a load into the doctors face.

Suddenly he had a wonderful feeling at his ass as the doctor inserted his finger to test the prostate. Fortunately the doctor did not realize how much Vladek enjoyed the ass probe nor saw the instant boner Vladek got as the young Russian was able to pull up his underwear and adjust his dick before turning around. As the doctor removed his glove he said, “I had heard many stories about the hardships endured by Russian soldiers. I expected to find a sickly tired young man. You are very healthy. There was a concern you might be in poor health. The opposite is true. Welcome to the USA.”

The following day two officers from the Soviet section of the Pentagon visited Vladek. They determined he most likely had valuable information for US Intelligence and a schedule of meetings at the Pentagon was arranged. Over the next two weeks he was taken to the Pentagon most mornings for a full day of briefings. Within a month he was given a desk in the Soviet section and reported to work daily. He continued to live at Fort McNair while being driven by a military vehicle to and from the Pentagon.

Vladek was not only pleased with his professional life working at the Pentagon as his personal life on the base was pleasant and interesting. He used free time to acquaint himself with his new home. His presence on the base became well known. Frequently soldiers would seek him out in the mess hall, in the officer’s club where he could visit as an officer of the Soviet army and in the regular enlisted men’s club where he could visit since the uniform he wore gave no indication of rank. Upon entering one of these clubs someone would soon recognize him and offer to treat him to a beer so they could talk to him. Everyone was interested in the Soviet Union and the word spread on base that this ‘Russian’ had not only been an aide to a general while meeting Stalin he had also worked for American intelligence in Berlin and been forced to escape. Vladek’s pleasing personality and language proficiency encouraged these discussions with both enlisted men and officers.

Vladek assumed he was under close scrutiny by army intelligence. They needed to determine that he was not a plant for the Soviet Union while appearing to embrace the USA. Nothing that Vladek ever did or say indicated he was not truly dedicated to the USA. His friend in Berlin, Major Alan Walters, had given him sound advice. He told Vladek that the army would be concerned about his loyalty to the USA. He would be monitored and some soldiers who appeared to be friends may be looking into his activities. The Major warned Vladek about sexual entanglements. Man to man sex was forbidden. Sometimes the army used entrapment techniques to find ‘homos’. Vladek should be very cautious about anyone coming on to him. It could be a test. As long as Vladek was a Russian living on a US Army base he was vulnerable for discipline for any infraction of rules. His punishment could be deportation from the USA. The major emphasized that his only love partner could be his hand.

Vladek thought he had at least two opportunities for sexual encounters. His room was in a building shared by fifteen officers, each with a private room. They shared a day room (large room with sofas, comfortable chairs and a table for playing games) and one bathroom. The bathroom had three toilet stalls, two urinals and a ’gang’ shower with three shower heads. Once when Vladek was taking a piss an officer he knew only as Tom entered and stood next to him at the other urinal. Vladek noticed out of the corner of his eye that Tom seemed to be more interested in playing with his dick than pissing. As the dick seemed to be getting harder Vladek quickly finished, zipped up and left the bathroom. Two days later while Vladek was taking a shower Tom entered the bathroom naked except for a towel around his neck. He walked to the shower area intently staring at the Russian. Vladek tried to ignore Tom as he pinched his nipple and scratched his balls while turning on the water of the shower head nearest to Vladek. Normally if only two men were in the shower they would use shower heads on opposite sides. The two men were almost touching while Vladek finished rinsing himself off. He decided to give Tom a sight to remember. Facing Tom and just inches from him Vladek reached down and slowly pulled the skin back from his dick. He thoroughly cleaned his dick head that he had already washed prior to Tom’s entry. He then pulled the skin forward and gently stretched the shaft as he rewashed it. Vladek then stepped out of the shower and dried himself giving his dick special care drying with the skin both over and back. He knew Tom was watching. As he said “have a nice day” an expression he had heard frequently Tom quickly turned his back to Vladek to hide his now rock hard dick. Vladek left the bathroom and peeked in a minute later. Tom was still standing in the shower facing the back. The movement of his right arm indicated the pleasure he was giving his dick. Vladek watched until he saw the body spasms as Tom apparently shot his load against the shower’s back wall. At least once a week Tom would appear in the shower next to Vladek. Vladek always gave the innocent Russian act while cleaning his dick foreskin for the pleasure of the horny lieutenant. He also tortured the American by occasionally bumping shoulders or asses. This was easy since Tom always took the shower head closets to him. Vladek never gave any indication that he was aware of the others interest in him. It was a relief to know that man sex was available in the USA. He had had great sex with the Americans Patrick in Moscow and Major Walters in Berlin. Now he had the opportunity on American soil. It was difficult to refrain from returning Tom’s apparent advances. After each shower in the presence of Tom Vladek returned to his room and fisted his dick while thinking of the handsome American’s fuckable bubble ass and delightful although smaller than average cut dick.

Another opportunity Vladek chose to ignore happened one day as he walked toward the mess hall. As he approached a corporal that appeared to be about eighteen years of age smiled and rubbed his crotch. He then stopped and asked Vladek if he had a cigarette. While staring deep into Vladek’s eyes and soul he moistened his lips and again nonchalantly rubbed his crotch. When Vladek replied that he did not smoke the soldier said “Thanks anyway. Think I will take a short cut. Have a nice day.” He then walked toward a high hedge. He turned back and smiled at Vladek who responded, “You have a nice day yourself.” Vladek then proceeded on his way being fully confident that he could either have had a very enjoyable suck or fuck behind the hedge or be caught with his pants down in this entrapment by the officers reviewing his background and suitability to be an American.

The Library: As he walked around the base Vladek read every notice posted. One item posted indicated the ‘Library’ would be open Monday and Thursday evenings from 18.00 – 21.00 (6pm – 9pm). While he knew what a library was he did not understand why one would be located on a military base. The only libraries he had used in the Soviet Union were those in schools. He inquired about the location and visited it on the next evening it was open. It was located in a small room in the same building as the enlisted men’s club (recreation hall and bar for regular soldiers). Upon entering he saw that the four walls were completely covered with book cases except for the area around the door and two windows. There were three tables covered with books and next to the door was a desk where a sergeant sat. Vladek introduced himself. He started to explain that he was a guest from the Soviet army when the sergeant stopped him. “I have heard about you. I am finally meeting the Russian who met with Stalin and later helped our boys in Berlin. Welcome. I’m Sergeant Bob Woodwill. I am a librarian by profession and volunteer here. I don’t have much business. Most of the books have been donated by various organizations that hope to provide troops with some culture, although not all these books are what I would call culture.” The sergeant stood and extended his hand. Vladek reached forward and gladly shook the sergeant’s hand.

“I was surprised to learn there was a library on an army base. Are these books available to read? I have read some American books and would like to read more.” The two then had a discussion about the books Vladek had read. The sergeant was impressed with Vladek’s reading background and made some suggestions. Vladek was thrilled beyond belief when he was told he could take books to his room and have more when he had finished them. Sergeant Woodwill suggested I, The Jury, Mickey Spillane’s first work to feature private investigator Mike Hammer. the story of a young, beautiful, blonde, and well-to-do psychiatrist that got involved in both prostitution and drug-trafficking. Other books Vladek took home were The Pearl by John Steinbeck and a Zane Grey Western. Sergeant Woodwill and Vladek became good friends during his frequent visits to the library. When the Sergeant later had a two week leave Vladek happily became the temporary base librarian.

Baseball: As Vladek walked around the base his first weekend he saw a group doing an activity in a sports field. He watched sitting on a bench at the edge of the field. A young woman was sitting near him who was watching he husband or boyfriend play. She seemed surprised when Vladek asked her what they were doing. She replied, “Playing baseball. Are you from Mars? This is the national pastime.”

Vladek laughed, “No I am not from Mars. I am a Russian from the Soviet Union. This is my first weekend in the USA.”

She was dumbfounded, “Wow. Are you a Commie? Are you a spy? How did you get here?”

The game soon ended and a big burly guy came over. “Hey Babe, Is this guy hitting on you?”

Vladek did not understand as he had never hit a woman in his life.

She laughed. “No. He is a Commie spy from Russia. Never saw a baseball game before.”

By now all the players were surrounding them. They all started asking Vladek questions. One suggested they go to the beer hall. The questions and conversations continued into the evening. Three of the soldiers walked the now drunk Vladek back to his room. They told him they would return the next afternoon, Sunday, to give Vladek his first baseball lesson. Batting practice the next day was an enjoyable event for the Russian. Tall, handsome Hank stood behind him and held his hands over Vladek’s showing him how to swing. Vladek assumed the pressure of Hank’s dick against his ass was not intentional. Vladek smoothly pushed back. Hank stayed in place and soon his dick was rubbing against Vladek as they practiced the swings. Nothing sexual happened as Vladek mastered batting. Within a month the athletic Vladek had mastered the rules and techniques of the game and was frequently asked to play where he soon became a proficient outfielder. The day he hit a homerun he felt like he had proven himself as an American.

Jesus: Vladek noticed a list of church services posted on the bulletin board. From his reading of various American novels he was aware that church attendance was common. He had never been in a church and had no idea what to expect if he did go. He asked Corporal Acton about church services. He was confused as there were various choices. The Corporal told Vladek he was welcome to accompany him to the Protestant service the following Sunday morning. He assured Vladek that everyone was welcome and that there were no requirements for participation.

They entered the small base chapel and sat in one of the rows of seats about halfway between the front and back. Some soldiers around them sat quietly with their hands folded talking to themselves, others talked to each other while most just sat and stared ahead. One soldier kneeled when he entered then rose and moved his hands across his chin and chest. “He’s an Episcopalian” the Corporal whispered to Vladek. During all this time someone was playing an organ. Vladek heard a noise in the back of the church and everyone stood up. Acton opened a book that had been left on the chair. Although Vladek had never played a musical instrument he did understand the pages contained musical notes. Acton pointed to a board at the front of the church with a list of numbers and pointed to the page in the book of the corresponding number. Everyone began singing. Using his finger Acton moved his finger along the words. Vladek soon caught on that they first sang the first line and then the second and so on. The service included someone reading from a book, numerous long statements followed by everyone saying ‘Amen’, a long lecture about helping others and numerous songs. Eventually Vladek felt comfortable attending this service with the hymns, various bible readings including the Gospel and Psalms, prayers and the sermon.

After the service the Corporal introduced Vladek to Chaplain Windsor, the man who had given the lecture. As soon as he realized this was the Russian’s first visit to a Church he offered to meet with Vladek and answer any questions he might have. Vladek gladly accepted the invitation. When the chaplain suggested Monday evening at 19.00 (7pm) Vladek asked if a half hour later would be OK as he visited the library Mondays, one of only two days a week it was open. This request impressed the chaplain. It was the first time he had had someone arrange a schedule around library hours. The chaplain then told Vladek he had books about religion in the USA and the life of Jesus that he might be interested in reading.

Vladek met with the Chaplain Windsor. He wanted to explore the religious atmosphere in America. The two continued to meet weekly and discuss various church and religious topics as well as the questions the chaplain had about life in the Soviet Union. While Vladek was not ready to accept all the teaching of the church and Bible he did understand the basic tenants. He thought the Ten Commandants or the Old Testament and parables such as The Good Samaritan n the New Testament were good guides for life.

Near the end of his second month on base he was told to report to the Commander’s office. There he met with a Captain who told him his probationary period was ending and that he would be free to leave the base and travel on his own. The captain had arranged for a soldier to accompany Vladek the following Saturday on his first experience off the base to visit to Washington DC. They would take public transportation and he would be shown interesting sights in the city. The captain told Vladek he was sure someone who had lived in Moscow and Berlin would have no difficulty finding their way around Washington. After this a one day escorted visit to the city Vladek would be able to roam it on his own.

Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..