What's your oppinion on Canada?

Hmmmm... I really can't wait to visit Canada now! After reading this thread really wanna go and see the sights and such...

(Just remind me to stay at least a province away from Mattie at all times... :P )

I have never been to mainland Canada but I spent two weeks in Newfoundland and had an absolute blast. The people were amazing, the history fasincating and the food.... interesting.

We saw bears, elk, eagles, seals and even whales and ice bergs in the harbour.... It was incredible loved it.

lol nope we sent Celine to vegas to torture you americans. Yep we have Shania Twain love love love her :) i could tell hundreds of stories of me impersonating her lol. or just goofing off to her songs.

I like the 1 for Quebec the best it's got all kinds of french swears on it and is like "putting cheese and gravy on french fries is not crazy *insert french swears*"

What are you talking about, both Celine and Shania are good (tho shania spend most of her time in switzerland now a day),,, I'll admit tho that here Celine tends to appear a little too often on the quebecor network ,,,, I wouldn't see one of her show (and certainly not 2 of them in the same week like one of my coworker) but she's alright and I won't say more since most of my bosses likes her...

And Amen for the poutine! :P

As atonement for this sin, we offer you: Arcade Fire, Cirque du Soleil, Denys Arcand, Sam Roberts, Leonard Cohen, Mordecai Richler, Oscar Peterson, Elisha Cuthbert (okay, debatable contribution there, but Sean Avery's comments about her were amusing)... and poutine.

you also forget people like Simple Plan, Bryan Adams, Mylene Farmer (I dunno if we should be proud tho), Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Oscar Peterson, Rufus and Martha Wainwright and,,,,,,,William "cpt Kirk" Shatner,

plus Quebec [...], they have funny accents and their currency is named differently.

Hein?!?!?!?!

Edited by FrenchCanadian

I lived in southwestern Ontario - which is sort of Canada but not really - for a couple of years in the early 80's. I loved it there - we lived in London. It's a great little city, very polite and welcoming people, great, great bars. We spent quite a lot of vacation time up in the Thousand Islands on boats. Or sitting in the Winery on Lake Erie, getting completely smashed on great wine.

I also drank a lot of beer, learned how to smoke hash oil instead of pot, and had a lot of fun hitting on hot UWO students. All UWO students are hot, did you know that? I think it's a law.

I left Canada because there were no job opportunities for a stoned American teenager during a recession. Seems most Canadian companies wanted to give jobs to Canadian college students that could walk a straight line.

I go back to Canada fairly often - living in Michigan makes that easy. I love Toronto and I love to get out of the cities and get up into northern Ontario where you won't hear people, planes, or anything for days. I'm planning the next trip for October, hopefully I'll miss blackfly season.

Edited by Hoskins

Hey Guys, I'm visiting Toronto on the August 7th through 9th for the Blink 182 Reunion tour. (I love Blink!!!! :D )

Know any good places for a twenty-something gay boy to have fun at. Also, any good suggestions for cafes, bookstores, clubs, bars, strip joints, and ect. would be welcomed.

you also forget people like Simple Plan, Bryan Adams, Mylene Farmer (I dunno if we should be proud tho), Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Oscar Peterson, Rufus and Martha Wainwright and,,,,,,,William "cpt Kirk" Shatner,

Bryan Adams, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, and the Sutherlands aren't from Quebec.

And I said Oscar Peterson.

Hey Guys, I'm visiting Toronto on the August 7th through 9th for the Blink 182 Reunion tour. (I love Blink!!!! :D )

Know any good places for a twenty-something gay boy to have fun at. Also, any good suggestions for cafes, bookstores, clubs, bars, strip joints, and ect. would be welcomed.

The Hockey Hall of Fame is awesome, although I'm not sure if it's great for a gay boy. Flirt carefully. :P

The Hockey Hall of Fame is awesome, though it shouldn't be located in Toronto when it clearly belongs in Montreal. Just sayin'.

Aside from that, Toronto pretty much sucks. For more on this topic, see this thread.

Well, it's my first time in Toronto, It's for the Blink 182 Reunion show, which has sold out in my area and I need a weekend show.

Bryan Adams, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, and the Sutherlands aren't from Quebec.

And I said Oscar Peterson.

I know that they're not from quebec,, I took prominent canadian since it's a thread about canada,, and it can't always be only about Quebec,,, :P

my bad tho about Oscar Peterson

• 1 year later...

Don't knock Canada until you've been here!

It's a nice place to live, though not as high profile as you folks south of the 49th parallel. laugh.gif

In fact, I like to stay low profile. tongue.gif

Edit: 25th post! laugh.gif

Edited by thephoenix

Don't knock Canada until you've been here!

It's a nice place to live, though not as high profile as you folks south of the 49th parallel. laugh.gif

Last time I landed at the Vancouver airport and got off the plane, I seriously wondered if I had gotten on the wrong plane since it seemed everyone was Chinese. I was trying to figure out how I wound up in Hong Kong, not BC.