What do you do when you can't sleep?

Like what some people have suggested above, stay in the dark. The light can confuse your body to think it's time to wake up. :)

There's something else I would suggest that others have alluded to but I won't. I'll let your imaginations run wild.

Masturbate.

Want a hand? ;)

If you have a boyfriend, this doesnt work, cause then you just wanna wake him up and make naughty, and sometimes they get cranky. Posted Image

Darlin', you can wake me up & make naughty anytime you want to. :D

It varies. Among my coping mechanism of choice are such diversions as reading (either old fashioned paper, or on my Kindle), Writing if my brain is still functional and my muse, which sleeps more soundly than I, is awake as well, and listening to music. My taste in music varies with my mood, lately Linkin Park is a good lullaby though. I've also been known to let my Kindle read to me with its Robotic voice. But last night, out of desperation, I tried my first audiobook. It's narrated by James Marsters, "Spyke" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Not a bad job an hour in, but he's ot as sexy without the British accent.

Some suggestions:

• Try to go to bed and wake up at the sames times. a regular routine is helpful for good sleep.
  • Avoid Napping during the day.
  • Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine or alcohol at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.

Don't forget, chocolate has caffeine.

• Make sure your room is dark. A lighted room can disturb your sleep.
  • Associate your bed with sleeping. Try not to watch TV, listen to the radio or read while in bed.
  • Exercise is good not only for overall heath but for sleep as well.
  • Food before bedtime can also disrupt sleep, so stay away form large meals just before bedtime.
  • Keep your bedroom temperature comfortable..
  • Try to avoid upsetting conversations before bedtime. Stress can play a big role in your inability to sleep well.
  • Try one of the non-drug sleep aids that are available.

Take Care

Tomas

I just read these suggestions and I noticed that I do a lot of things wrong. Like eating before sleeping and non-ecercise XD

Thnx for these suggestions. I am soo going to follow some suggestions here

Lorazepam.

My sister recommends brewing herbal tea and leaving it on your nightstand, not necessarily drinking it I guess. Personally I wouldn't trust her.

Edit** Also, I can add to what was previously mentioned by saying that your circadian rhythms will regulate better if you are exposed to more light during the day, so if you can try maybe to do more outdoors or in front of large windows. The actual reason is rather complex, so I'll avoid getting into it, but if you're interested in talking about it a bit you could pm me.

Edited by Voltaire

Well seems most of you suggest sex in one form or another. Considering I'm single the "right hand" shuffle isn't doing it. :devil: lol. Guess I'll have to work on the love portion first and hope that leads to me wearing myself out.

Guest Mikey99

I'm not a fan of pills and I like my sleep. So I just shut off the lights and jack off. That does the trick.

I get up at 6 am, so I never have this problem. But if I did, I would watch C-SPAN late at night. That sounds like a sure-fire cure for insomnia. Posted Image

I've watched C-SPAN and scared me badly. :P

To sleep I have to be down right tired. When I'm not I usually write or you tube it out until a can't keep my eyes open. When that doesn't work I turn off the lights and put on some nature music.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally when I can't sleep, I just keep slogging at whatever I haven't been able to get around to because sleep normally made me put a few things aside. Generally unimportant things, like watching a movie I never got around to, because I'm too shot to really do anything very useful.

I watch paid programming.

Works for me every time.

For some reason I end up fixated on the ad as if it was interesting... even though I've probably seen said ad multiple times before.

I usually have no trouble at all falling asleep, but it's almost always a dreamless sleep (or dreams I can't remember).

It's a fair trade-off if you ask me, though.

When I can't sleep I read or listen to music... most of the time my mind is so distracted or full of thoughts that I can't sleep until I go through them. Blocking that by concentrating on the songs I'm listening to or the book I'm reading doesn't allow me to fuss over what's going on inside my head.. lol.