Worst Movies that you have seen

I have several movies but the one at the top of my list is Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves. One of the worst movies I'd ever had the misfortune of ever knowing existed. I love Keanu but this movie blows. I actually wanted my money back because I saw it at the movie theater.

last movie that we started watching and failed to get to the end of because it was so goddamn boring was Captain America.

As for weird "well that was shit" experiences, there was a black and white film called "The Cat People"  in which a woman meets a man at a zoo, and he turns out to be a panther (of course), has sex with her to turn her into a panther some of the time. there's a lot of staring off into the distance and scenes generally conveying that people have forgotten their lines and at the end of the film she (the lady/panther) is being kept in a zoo by a guy who knows what she is and as far as can be told waits for the full moon (I think, it's been a while) so he can sleep with her. it's weird.

I'm gona say the new Hercules movie, just bad, good cgi, bad everything else. The rock needs to not act, ever. Aside from that ice twisters and sharknado are on my list lol

• Like 1

However, one that always sticks in my mind when the subject of worst movies comes up is Fatal Attraction. I know a lot of people liked it, but I just find it to be problematic on so many different levels. 

Fatal Attraction was great right up to the moment they tagged on the new ending. That soppy resolution killed it for me.

Even the original ending (which I've only read about but not seen) doesn't seem much better, since the wife still comes up with a non-believable solution.

It should have ended with the husband being led away by the police, leaving us all to wonder whether he'll pay the ultimate price for his indiscretion. This would probably have happened if the film had been made in Europe. Or at least I hope so...

Overhyped movies are also horrible in my view: Just saw "Swordfish" again and I don't care how many alternate endings it has, it was a bad movie:

Swordfish_movie.jpg

A good heist movie has to have class, style, and pinnache. That is why the Ocean's movies were so successful.

It proves though Hugh Jackman cannot hold a movie on his own if the plot is crap; unless he has claws :D

I rarely watch anything but older movies these days. For the most part, they just don't make anything I really want to see anymore. The last movie I saw in the theater was the remake of True Grit with Jeff Bridges, and that was 2 1/2 years ago! I've tried downloading a couple of movies that I thought might be interesting, but couldn't get even halfway through them without giving up. Maybe I'm too picky. Hell, maybe I'm a movie snob! As far as listing any really bad ones, I'm sure I could probably come up with something after some thought, but off the top of my head, maybe it's like so many other things in life. You tend to remember the good things, and forget many of the bad ones.

There is only one movie that we couldn't get all the way through: Something About Mary. I know we are in the minority in our opinion. Everybody raved about it and we thought it was sophomoric and unfunny.

• Like 1

Lets see now, pretty much anything i've watched that has Will Farrell in it

Also Frozen is pretty bad... from a plot standpoint anyway.... which is what annoys me, if the plot doesn't make sense, contradicts it'self. (which Frozen is one of those that do) These robots can beat Babel because why... Main Character Hair! :o (the only reason that seemed to fit.. it was never explained in the story) or to put it in the Context of Frozen: The hansom prince is evil... Because the Writers wanted to contradict tradition even if it comes out awkward...and there was a LOT of irregularities in Frozen.

• Like 1

Oh, and Moulin Rouge. We couldn't get past the first scene. We waited many years to watch it because a friend that we came to deeply dislike raved about it non stop. My husband has tinnitus so we have to watch movies with closed - captions on and he couldn't keep up with the words. I couldn't keep and I can hear. It was visual and aural overload from the beginning. Maybe we are just old.

Hmm... Dumb and Dumber comes immediately to mind. It probably would've been completely forgettable under normal circumstances, but when it came out I was the only person around who hated it. I had to see it a hundred times, there was no escape option. I loathe that movie, I'd gnaw my arm off to avoid watching it again.

I'm a horror fan, too. Or at least I try to be. If I were to start listing the crap I saw in my unending quest for a well done horror movie, we might be here all day. :/

• 2 months later...

Ping Pong Summer  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ping_pong_summer/

Truly vomit inspiring.

The movie is bad to start with.

What makes it so bad that it's a sign of the apocalypse is the sound track.

It was on before Inside the NFL and I had to watch the last few minutes. That's all it took.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by jamessavik

Oh, and Moulin Rouge. We couldn't get past the first scene. We waited many years to watch it because a friend that we came to deeply dislike raved about it non stop. My husband has tinnitus so we have to watch movies with closed - captions on and he couldn't keep up with the words. I couldn't keep and I can hear. It was visual and aural overload from the beginning. Maybe we are just old.

We sat through about 4 minutes, and got drunk spins. Old or not, the movie is crap.

90% of the Netflix lineup :P

However, one that always sticks in my mind when the subject of worst movies comes up is Fatal Attraction. I know a lot of people liked it, but I just find it to be problematic on so many different levels. 

I agree. Now everyone might hate me for saying this. But I was very disgusted with (Especially the last one) the Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogy.

(...)

Any Disney Classic Sequel. Ariel 2, Cinderella 2 and 3, Mulan 2... etc. All made low-budget for Television/Nostalgic collection, but still they all suck, but as long as they can make a tiny bit of profit, I guess it is all worth it.

A shit ton of the LGBT films out there are trash. 

Bewitched Remake - The Will Ferrell/Nicole Kidman

On the same note, The Stepford Wives (2004) - Nicole Kidman remake. Were they robots or brainwashed? Some were robots.. some were brainwashed? 

Oh, I couldn't agree more. Cinderella and Mulan are two of my favorite Disney movies and watching their sequel was a torture for me. Cinderella III isn't that bad though. I like the graphics and the story. Cindy has to fight to get her happy ending. The worst Disney sequel in my opinion is The Hunchback of Notre Dame II. Poor Victor Hugo, spinning in his grave.

the only movie I've actually slept through was Solaris - not the George Clooney one - haven't even attempted that version , but the original 1972 Russian language one ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069293/ ) i literately couldn't keep my eyes open ..zzzzzzzzzzzzz....(and thats not because it was in Russian - i watch a lot of foreign language movies - mostly Korean / Japanese )... 

i work for a company that pays us to watch movies for the airlines - and boy are there some stinkers ( a lot that's already been named here) .. the newest one is Godzilla ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069293/ ) which has been name checked in a previous thread.

main problem seems to be hollywood has run out of ideas & is rehashing (rebooting) so many movies - if the original was good leave it alone !