The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

I was thinking maybe put them in a zip lock bag and take a rolling pin to them, IDK how good/bad that would be.  🤔🤔

you can do that ...  i try not to use plastic and it's too loud and violent.  i just like to be quiet for the most part

i put cheerios in a plastic bag once and used the rolling pin ... it took ages .. should've just put them in the food processor

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you can do that ...  i try not to use plastic and it's too loud and violent.  i just like to be quiet for the most part

I like the idea of using the pastry blender.

Having said that, the one we have is one my mom has had for decades. The metal “blades” are much thinner than the pic you posted - and which is what I’ve seen for sale nowadays - so I don’t think it would be a very effective tool for breaking up nuts.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I like the idea of using the pastry blender.

Having said that, the one we have is one my mom has had for decades. The metal “blades” are much thinner than the pic you posted - and which is what I’ve seen for sale nowadays - so I don’t think it would be a very effective tool for breaking up nuts.

My old pastry knife would never have handled the nuts, but that one fell apart ( after almost 40 years of use) and the new one would make short work of pretty much anything I took it to.

• Like 3

So leaving the gym tonight as I was going to the door, the guy that was a few steps behind me all of a sudden starts running so he can pass me. I'm thinking 'what the heck?' He was suddenly in a rush to get to the door.

Yeah.... he was in a hurry so he could get in front of me to hold the door open for me!

Common courtesy is still alive and kicking. It's been a stressful week and that made me smile and put me in a much better frame of mind. It's amazing what a little kindness can do.

Now it's time to walk the mutts and chill for the rest of the night.

Have a good night everyone!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i would marry Him again, but i think maybe we'll just stay married, as we are. i think He'd agree it's just easier than getting divorced just to do it all again. i don't think either of us are into renewing vows, since we haven't forgotten the first ones yet..  :) 

He is always here for me.

Hope everyone has a good week.

This made me smile. Thanks for that, tim. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 9/19/2021 at 5:36 AM, Mikiesboy said:

i would marry Him again, but i think maybe we'll just stay married, as we are. i think He'd agree it's just easier than getting divorced just to do it all again. i don't think either of us are into renewing vows, since we haven't forgotten the first ones yet..  :) 

He is always here for me.

Hope everyone has a good week.

i love this
just makes me feel warm and happy for both of you

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Just how do you deal with bosses who micromanage everything? Hmm.

The short term solution is that you have to figure out a way to direct their attentions away from you either through subtle suggestions or blatantly throwing out a red herring. Long term, you need to look for another job because micromanagers never change. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Still no A/C. 

The earliest available time they have is Friday. Had to go get a small window unit for the bedroom. Hopefully they will at least partially reimburse us for it. I sent a request with the receipt. 

Date night will definitely be anywhere but at home tonight. Maybe dinner out then sunset on the beach..... at least there's always a breeze. 

Hope everyone else has a good day!

• Sad 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Still no A/C. 

The earliest available time they have is Friday. Had to go get a small window unit for the bedroom. 

Well that just sucks. It might be first day of fall on the calendar, but it's hot and humid here in the South. Glad you were able to at least find a window unit. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Well that just sucks. It might be first day of fall on the calendar, but it's hot and humid here in the South. Glad you were able to at least find a window unit. 

Yup....our heat index is upper 90s.

sweaty GIF

• Like 3
2 hours ago, spyke said:

Hot and humid here in Jersey too.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, 1brokNangel said:

It is a VERY wonderful cool 54° in S. Indiana....fall is here.

61 in Ontario, but it’s been raining - still is - all day. It’s supposed to be nice on Friday after more rain on Thursday. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

61 in Ontario, but it’s been raining - still is - all day. It’s supposed to be nice on Friday after more rain on Thursday. 

Yea we've been dealing with rain as well, I think that's what brought in the cooler temps.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..