The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

DiC friends.

Wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Morning’.

spent the last week busy - had my 70th birthday this past Sunday - 

Took a small vacation feeling better.

Now catching up on things in DiC so how are things with you?

Stay Safe

F2213B9D-E652-4844-A658-D2734DA3B1D5.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday rick!🎂🎈🎉

So glad to hear you're feeling better.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, rickproehl said:

DiC friends.

Now catching up on things in DiC so how are things with you?

Stay Safe

F2213B9D-E652-4844-A658-D2734DA3B1D5.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday rick! I'm glad that you're feeling better and I hope we get to see a bit more of you in the DiC. 

Edited by spyke
typo
  • Like 2
On 10/7/2021 at 8:54 AM, rickproehl said:

DiC friends.

It's very good to hear you're doing well, rick.  Happy Birthday. tim sends his best also. 

Continue looking after yourself as you have been. you deserve only the best. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

It's very good to hear you're doing well, rick.  Happy Birthday. tim sends his best also. 

Continue looking after yourself as you have been. you deserve only the best. 

Michael Sir, 

thank you Sir, i hope you and tim are doing well. best wishes to you both.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I am waiting for tim .. .we're at the doctor's .. then off to shop.  I hope you all have a nice Friday. It's been gray here all week but today looks a little brighter. 

hello Sir

good to see You

i hope the day does get brighter

take care, Sir

would you say hello to tim for me please?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Went to a Bar Mitzvah today for the oldest son of my god daughter's brother. I've always called them my "Catholic" family despite it being a Catholic wife and Jewish husband. It's hard to believe it's been that long, I can remember being my usual "bad influence" self and giving his dad the leftover half bottle of wine after a Thanksgiving dinner and watching the 14 year old chug it down.

It's like most family situations. While the parents and grandparents were still around we'd all meet on Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving. Once or twice I got invited to a Seder dinner but I'm a very picky eater so those didn't do too well for me. Also other cookout type holidays like July 4th, Memorial Day, etc.

I've only seen this family twice in 5 years until today, both were at funerals. It was good to see everyone in a more celebratory setting.

This was only my second Bar Mitzvah and the other one was 40 years ago. That one was a huge party, went on and on and seemed to have every 13 year old in the area. This one was really more for the family than the boy, he only had 5 friends with him at his table and they all disappeared as soon as they finished eating.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

All is good here with me and Hubby.

Good news regarding Dad's estate.

Probate has been granted, so all outstanding bills and bequests paid and an interim payment to me and my sisters. 

The only downside is there hasn't been any interest in Dad's flat.

So unfortunately Dad's estate will drag on for a few months more, whilst we wait for the flat to sell.

Take care all x

I got a check from the state of Florida for some land that the state bought up to create a large wildlife area that I thought my father had disposed of. This was 15 years AFTER he died. Even made out to my father. I had kept his name along with mine on one of the bank accounts (it was that way when he died and I was too lazy to change it) so it made it easier to deposit it. So I'll just keep his name on that account forever I suppose. 

Edited by Ryan Jones
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator

I made these today. They are delicious and so easy to put together.

https://natashaskitchen.com/lasagna-roll-ups/#jump-to-recipe

I watched the Youtube video a few times to become really familiar with the recipe as well as how to make the roll ups, and I think that made it a lot easier to do in the end. 

One thing I did do wrong was the mozzarella. I used store bought preshreded to make putting them together easier. It was easier, but store bought is too dry for this recipe. While they still tasted good, I’m thinking they’d taste great if I’d bought a block and shredded it myself. Live and learn as the saying goes…

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
56 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well.

I think I'm going through an ambiguous break up lol.

Hi Solus *waves*

Ambiguous break up, eh? It’s good you can laugh about it.

Good night everyone. The sweetest of happy dreams when your turn comes…

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I made these today. They are delicious and so easy to put together.

https://natashaskitchen.com/lasagna-roll-ups/#jump-to-recipe

I watched the Youtube video a few times to become really familiar with the recipe as well as how to make the roll ups, and I think that made it a lot easier to do in the end. 

One thing I did do wrong was the mozzarella. I used store bought preshreded to make putting them together easier. It was easier, but store bought is too dry for this recipe. While they still tasted good, I’m thinking they’d taste great if I’d bought a block and shredded it myself. Live and learn as the saying goes…

Hit the local Italian specialty store for fresh mozzarella. You will never want grocery store again. Hint, cut it with wet kitchen shears instead of a knife.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Try soaking the shredded mozzarella in good quality olive oil for about 1 hour before using it. It'll be so much better and not dry at all.  I read that trick in a pizza cookbook years ago and still use it to this day if I can't find fresh.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
57 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hit the local Italian specialty store for fresh mozzarella. You will never want grocery store again. Hint, cut it with wet kitchen shears instead of a knife.

Good to know. Thanks! 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..