The Drop in Centre

18 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Wanted to stop in. Good Morning.

This has been a rough Covid is not to be ignored. Thankfully i did get vaccinated.

will have a few issues but should be better.

my brother is getting better as well 

so take care wear your mask and stay safe.

I hope you could bounce back soon!

• Like 5

@kbois Well done on the 50lb loss!

I have to admit a real lack of willpower when I try to diet. I've found that the only times I've been successful in losing weight have been with the use of chemical enhancement.

First time was with a product that had ephedra in it, lost 40lbs quickly. It worked perfectly as advertised but I used it as directed. Then idiot baseball player for the Orioles overdid it and died, before you knew it they took all the products off the market. They even said that if you used it as directed it wasn't harmful but because they have to "protect" the dumbasses from themselves, responsible people have to suffer.

Second time was in my 5 day a week poker playing. Using generic Adderall for better focus (prescribed by my doctor) and I lost about 1.5 lbs/month Then came pandemic, stopped playing poker, stopped taking the pills, gained all the weight back to where I had started from at 198lbs.

I'd try a food based diet regimen but I'm too picky an eater and I'm too old to change!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

@kbois Well done on the 50lb loss!

I have to admit a real lack of willpower when I try to diet. I've found that the only times I've been successful in losing weight have been with the use of chemical enhancement.

First time was with a product that had ephedra in it, lost 40lbs quickly. It worked perfectly as advertised but I used it as directed. Then idiot baseball player for the Orioles overdid it and died, before you knew it they took all the products off the market. They even said that if you used it as directed it wasn't harmful but because they have to "protect" the dumbasses from themselves, responsible people have to suffer.

Second time was in my 5 day a week poker playing. Using generic Adderall for better focus (prescribed by my doctor) and I lost about 1.5 lbs/month Then came pandemic, stopped playing poker, stopped taking the pills, gained all the weight back to where I had started from at 198lbs.

I'd try a food based diet regimen but I'm too picky an eater and I'm too old to change!

Thanks!

I've done the weight loss drug route (phentermine) which only worked short term.

(The O's....... well that's another story. My kids cut their MLB teeth at Camden Yards. But hey... somebody's gotta come in last, right? 🤭)

I stopped thinking of this as 'dieting'. I've changed my habits. Permanently.

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

@kbois 50lbs is an awesome achievement! :thumbup:

Thanks Reader!

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, spyke said:

@kbois 👏👏👏 50 lbs is just so amazing! Congratulations and well done. Do I recall that you had started Noom as well? If so, do you think that had anything to do with changing your mindset and lifestyle?

I started Noom in April and 40 of those 50 lbs are the result. It has been a great catalyst and absolutely instrumental in the changes I've made. The program targets not only what food and how much you should be eating, but it addresses the 'why' of bad eating habits and how to change them. It focuses on the psychological reasons for being overweight and gives great tools for changing behavior and coping mechanisms for setbacks and challenges. 

Like I said before, I still have a looooonnnnggggg way to go, but at the very beginning Noom said to set a goal and a reward for that goal. So 60lbs from now I'll be posting a picture of the tattoo I'm getting. I've never gotten one because I wanted it to mean something. My vision will be a daily reminder to never go back to old habits. Fingers crossed, it should be doable by next spring. 

• Like 5

Genuine question though. Are birthdays a big deal in the west?

Here, it kind of is. It's the norm to feed people during your birthday. Lol. I heard some of my friends in west doesn't really make too much of a big deal about it. Even close friends wouldn't bother greeting you extravagantly.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

It depends. Parents tend to make a big deal over birthdays when their kids are young. Some adults go all out for their birthday, others don't. I think most people tend to celebrate less as they get older unless it's a milestone like 50. Most people I know will acknowledge a birthday in some way... text, social media post or even..*gasp*.. a phone call! 

@Solus Magus What K said. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..