Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 430 Words
  • 709 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 13. Chapter 13

Adam woke with high spirit, smiling at the sleeping body beside him. Patrick laid on his stomach naked under the sheet, his loose curls draped across his cheek and forehead. Move-in day was upon them. By the end of the week Patrick would be his 24/7. Before rising, Adam kissed the still lips and eased from the bed, not wanting to wake his sleeping aristocrat. He showered and dressed going to the kitchen setting the timer on the coffeemaker before taking the back door to his office. A takeout cup of coffee sat on his desk he tasted the dark brewed beans and spices made just right and familiar. He studied the cup and recognized it from an old coffee bar he used to go to with… “AJ?” he said out load. His door opened, and to his dismay Artie Cutter walked in.

“What’s the matter Potter don’t like your coffee? Your face is all distorted.”

AJ and Justin came in after.

“Sorry, boss. They out ranked me,” Justin said wearing a tee shirt that read: WHAT?, jeans and sneakers.

Adam closed his eyes and moved to Justin, handing him his cup. “Justin dump this and grab the pity cash and go get breakfast for me and yourself.”

“Cancel breakfast Potter we’re taking you on a field trip.”

Artie’s voice tore into Adam’s skull causing him to lose his appetite. “Justin you heard all of that?”

“Yeah boss.” Justin returned to his desk.

Adam turned to the Detectives. “What did I do to deserve this?”

“Adam, we need you to come to the morgue with us,” AJ said, more genuine.

Adam stared with contempt at his ex-lover, who destroyed his world by cheating on him with the asshole behind him.

“Why the hell would I want to go anywhere with either of you?”

“Adam,” AJ tried to approach with a calm demeanor, but Artie stepped in front of him and cut him off.

“Listen Potter either you go willing or in handcuffs. I’ll let you choose.”

Adam wanted to punch the self-righteous look off his face.

AJ step around and gave Artie a warning glare. “Adam, we need you to ID someone for us.”

Adam sighed and didn’t want to deal with the two detectives, but he knew Cutter would throw obstructing justice in his face. “Fine, let’s get this over with.” Adam grabbed his badge and cell but passed on his gun. He moved without speaking to the two men as he grabbed his coat. “Justin I’ll be back.”

Justin only nodded as he watched the men leave.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..