Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 664 Words
  • 1,259 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 29. Chapter 29

Patrick relaxed in the backseat as his escorts rode upfront. The car offered elegance at his fingertips. A drink, message, television, the internet, even privacy. Patrick could raise a thick sound proof glass stored between a panel and the front seat or the driver. Annoyed Detective Chance took his cell phone again contemplated whether he should buy a new one when the car hit a bump in the road. Patrick’s attention went to the driver who was staring back at him through the rearview mirror.

“Are you all right, Young Valdez?” he asked, smiling.

Patrick hid the smirk as he turned his gaze back to the passenger side window before he answered.

“I’m fine Tony.”

“So true.” His partner Mikey jerked his head towards him, surprised by his comment.

Patrick knew why the male spoke out of term. A year ago Tony worked as his family’s pool boy. Patrick suffered a bad breakup and in one of his drinking stages flirted with Tony and fucked him on a lounge chair. His father found out, and instead of firing him, he moved him to security. Patrick didn’t care he ignored them as he worked on how he would explain to his father his involvement with another murder. He wished he asked Adam to join him. Fuck, he said to himself. Why did I get mad? Adam only wants to keep me safe. Fuck, I’m always saying stupid things. I wouldn’t blame him if he walked away just like… His fingers gripped the seat beside him when something came to him. “Driver. Take me to my condo,” Patrick said.

“Your father was adamant about bringing you home. Young Valdez.”

“And you will. First, I need something at my condo.”

“Your father won’t be pleased.”

“Let me worry about my father. Just do as you’re told.”

They glanced at each other before Tony made the detour. Mikey sent a message to their director.

Patrick entered his code and entered his condo racing up to his room as the place hummed awake turning on lights and adjusting the temperature. Patrick ignored the comfort his asylum tried to give him as he entered his bedroom, finding the bed made and room smelling of figs, roses, and cider. A familiar scent he couldn’t live without whenever he was alone.

He rummaged the night stand and desk when a voice called to him.

“May I be of service, Patrick?”

Patrick turned from his desk and saw Poe by the bed picking up items Patrick pulled from the draws while searching.

“Poe,” he stepped to his A.I. “The cell phone you found in my bag where is it?”

“You left it on your bed so I returned it to its charger port. In your wardrobe.”

“Thank you.” Patrick rushed to his walk-in-wardrobe. He stepped past the sensors, and light eliminated shelves and cabinets. He went to past clothes and shoes, to the back wall where he kept his accessories. The volume and value of his assortments trumped any jewelers roll. He ignored everything but a single spot. A glass case that contained momentos of a past love. The cell phone sat with trinkets he never got around to discarding. Things that still affected him on a deeper level. He pushed them out of his mind as he grab the cell and left the room. He stared at the sleeping cell, knowing when he turns it on messages will be waiting.

“Will there be anything else, Patrick?”

Poe caught his drifting attention, bringing him back to the present. “No, Poe. That will be all.”

“Will you be staying the night?”

“No, I’m going to my parent’s and staying there for the night. Then returning to Adam’s place.”

“Very well. Then I’ll say goodnight, Patrick.”

“Goodnight Poe.”

Patrick grabbed his case with his accessories he forgot to take with him and headed back to the car.

Micky climbed out, opening the door for him. He waited until Patrick boarded before shutting the door.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..